• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shouldn't most Power Ranger feats and scaling be massive outliers?

IDK about you guys but the power rangers seem like street levellers to me. You have Tyler scaling to MFTL+ because Leisure flew to the sun in seconds and he scales to it. But it seems like an outlier to me :p.

Galaxy level AP for a power ranger is also ridiculous at least according to me :\.

Dude. The Dino Charge Rangers reacted to beams that shot from space to Earth, the flight of Zenowings spaceship and pure light on at least three occasions. Koda and Kendall also reacted to Lesiures flight without much issue. A lot of the villains they fight are implied to have cleared astronomical; if not galactic distances before. They're consistently within the FTL - MFTL spectrum.

Sledge, Heckyl and Badussa have all been said to have busted galaxies, and Snide, Fury and Singe scale off of them. It was said that nearly all of Sledges henchmen destroyed galaxies and was implied to have done it as casual acts at that. The Rangers are a consistent match for them. Even as early as Episode 2, they were matching planetary threats like Ice Age in hand to hand combat. They're not "street levelers" at all.

Edit: Not to mention their power source was bluntly stated to have transcended space and time.

You have numerous statements and feats. Your argument basically can be summed up as "They are not portrayed as this powerful all the time, so they cannot be this powerful".

A lack of feat is not the same as a Low-End feat. A fight on the ground with little collateral doesn't make the characters Tier 9, it just means they have a low range.

By this logic Most Digimon would at most be Building level or SMT characters would barely be Street level.....

Literally the only argument you brought up was "how things seem to you." You didn't bring up feats, scaling or evidence as to why these feats would be inconsistent. Simply that this is wrong cause you feel it's wrong.

You are free to disagree with the ratings here and to express that fact you disagree. But the profiles will never change unless you actually bring up something substantial to support your disagreement. Not just your feelings. Sorry if I'm sounding harsh.

Those ratings seems weirds for me too, but since I don't remember much about PR I can't say much. Only that I known is Lost Galaxy, at least I known that feats above tier 7 weren't showed by individuals rangers there.

According to a conversation I had with Everlasting, Dino Force literally has a conversation about a villain that goes like:

"Oh, he doesn't seem too threatening..."

"Say that to the 6 galaxies he destroyed."

Matthew Schroeder said:
According to a conversation I had with Everlasting, Dino Force literally has a conversation about a villain that goes like:
"Oh, he doesn't seem too threatening..."

"Say that to the 6 galaxies he destroyed."

The character they're referring to is Heckyl

Here's the full exchange.

Sledge: What are you afraid of? He's not that dangerous.

Wrench: But I know of several destroyed galaxies that might beg to differ...

Sledge: Ugh. We've all destroyed galaxies.

Wrench is a super intelligent scientist, so I doubt the statement is hyperbolic.

"We've all destroyed galaxies" is also backed up by a random member of Sledges crew named Badussa who openly brags about how much he loved destroying galaxies. Heckyl later confirms Badussa has in fact, destroyed entire galaxies.

Galaxy level Dino Charge is really consistent. If they only had 1 galaxy statement then I would've jossed it as an outlier, but theirs like 5.

@Dark

I just noticed you can see Necrolai in the background when Sledge is talking to Wrench at around 0:50.

the main problem with power rangers is they have very little in terms of actual feats... and the fights in the shows make them look really weak.for someone unfamiliar with the lore looking at fights without context, i can see where the "street level" assumption comes from...

there's other series that have this issue like..Yugioh supposedly has a lot of characters above planet level but all the conflicts are resolved through playing trading card games., so their stats look absurd to most people who aren't very intimately familiar with the lore.

Back