• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Should we ban godmode debate threads

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like godmode debates need to end in one thread some users got tired of these threads and yes before the godmode arc ended there were so many flame wars, edit warring, solo everything claims, etc. Godmodes in my opinion used to be funny but now there getting pointless and boring since most of them claim to solo everything.

https://vsbattles.com/joke-battles/160273

This one thread for an example a few users want godmode debates to end

Instead they can be moved to Godmodes Wiki, Vegeta Doll's JBW, and Sans Battles wiki

Agree: 0

Disagree: 7

Not Sure: 0

IIRC it was agreed that godmodes cannot be banned, even if they have been little more than troublesome, because doing so would amount to oppression. It's similar to that one ordeal where some people tried to get "Beyond The Concept of Tiers" removed in that both scenarios boil down to limiting users' freedom of expression, which runs contrary to the purpose of Joke Battles as a place where you can make any pages you wish to make... within reason.

Most newcomers will not immediately grasp the concept of a "godmode", so they should be given time to understand what godmodes are and why they are frowned upon. If we just straight-up ban godmodes, we run the risk of disallowing such opportunities.

All in all, I cannot support this proposal.

Yeah, I won't forbid something that is not really wrong.

Not that it matters: Even if we do forbid them, one will always pop up every once in a while.

Even the threads should likely have the same reasoning as the profiles. I can't say I disagree.

i think threads with new godmodes should actually be encouraged just so we can prove to the people that make the pages that they aren't at the top of the foodchain

Yellowpig10 said:
i think threads with new godmodes should actually be encouraged just so we can prove to the people that make the pages that they aren't at the top of the foodchain
Well Godmodes are best tier infinity

In JBW Memes > Godmodes

In Godmodes wiki Godmodes > Memes

MLPlover2011 said:
Yellowpig10 said:
Well Godmodes are best tier infinity
In JBW Memes > Godmodes

In Godmodes wiki Godmodes > Memes
yeah but the people that make the godmodes don't really get that. so we need to make debate threads to hammer that point in

Vegeta Doll said:
I'm not sure cause sometimes the godmode creator can be bias with the character
we know, that's why we need to use the debates to kick them into the dirt to show that their character isn't as good as they think it is

Also i should try to have an idea for rename Jokeverse, and make other characters like Undoubtedly Bendy and Omni-Stallings to be Non-Godmodes which is only Infinity Tiers for their keys.

THAT. ISN'T. THE. POINT.

This is a debate between whether we should get rid of godmode debates (which we cannot do by the way) or not (in which 4 PEOPLE have voted no).

Good lord, the derailment was pretty painful. So, I originally decided to wait, but since that doesn't seem necessary anymore, I disagree with the op for the reasons discussed above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back