• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Should Radagon have multiple selves?

Crabwhale

Wasteland Gravetender
VS Battles
Administrator
Title of the thread. Should Radagon's association with Marika as two beings grant him multiple selves?

Tough to say. I'd agree with a "possibly", but the nature of Marika and Radagon's relationship is intentionally vague, one feels, enough that it would be difficult to describe them concretely as any of our three versions of said ability.

I mean we do see them switching back and forth (trailer where they're taking turns breaking/fixing the Ring, Marika turning into Radagon right before his boss fight). I can agree that that period in history where Radagon was on campaign and got married to Rennala, and Marika was ruling from Leyndell while married to Godfrey with absolutely no timing or placement issues for either is very weird. Maybe they could separate in the past?

As for type, I'd say they qualify for at least 1 and 3.

As I said, vagueness to it. I wouldn't be opposed to listing those types so long as it was listed as a possibly, since we simply don't have the answers to every detail that may go against it.

I don't think multiple selves is right considering we don't know the nature of their fusion/merge/transformation. Also Marika survives after you kill Elden Beast (who turned Radagon into his sword), so it's very likely they're supposed to be treated as two separate people.

I don't think multiple selves is right considering we don't know the nature of their fusion/merge/transformation. Also Marika survives after you kill Elden Beast (who turned Radagon into his sword), so it's very likely they're supposed to be treated as two separate people.
Although tbf they technically counted as two personalities in one body as it is noted when you done the Goldmask quest that straightup says Radagon is Marika.

And I have played Elden Ring and done the Goldmask sidequest myself so it is more confirmation that Radagon is Marika and vice versa.

Yes we know Radagon is Marika. But in what sense, we don't know. Are they the same person who can shapeshift? Are they two people with two distinct personalities? Are they aware they are the same person?

All these questions left unresolved makes giving them multiple personalities dubious at best.

If we gonna been fair about the aftermath of the Elden Beast’s defeat, I don’t think that is a counter to the point that we see Marika and Radagon seems to share the same body as it is heavily implied (at least to me) that the body of Radagon reverted back to Marika. Otherwise, what is the point of us having to use the Law of Regression on the statue of Radagon which then reverted to Marika?

Are they the same person who can shapeshift?
We quite literally see this in the cutscene of the boss fight yes.
Are they two people with two distinct personalities?
One attempts to shatter the Ring and the other to mend it. Whichever way you look at it, at the very least, their goals don't always align.
Are they aware they are the same person?
"In Marika's own words. O Radagon, leal hound of the Golden Order. Thou'rt yet to become me. Thou'rt yet to become a god. Let us be shattered, both. Mine other self."

This is about as blatant as it get's.

I don't think you know what blatant means smh. That quote even specifically talks about how Radagon isn't yet Marika. "Thou'rt yet to become me." So there is vagueness at work, it isn't blatant.

Notice how she says "a god" right after that line. I don't think she's referring to herself as an individual here but as the representative vessel of the Elden Ring and chosen of the Greater Will. Also she says "my other self" right after it as well.

"other self" is much vaguer when immediately before she talks about, as mentioned, how they're not conjoined yet. I don't even outright disagree with multiple selves, I just think you're taking some of this into a much greater account than other bits. I maintain my position, just a "possibly" is fine.

I don't think you know what blatant means smh. That quote even specifically talks about how Radagon isn't yet Marika. "Thou'rt yet to become me." So there is vagueness at work, it isn't blatant.
I mean if you include the thing with Goldmask sidequest with the quote “Radagon is Marika” as we know jack shit outside of the fact Godfrey is considered the first Elden Lord (We know there is technically a Elden Lord that predates Godfrey for that matter IIRC) and if I not mistaken, the whole point of the Tarnished (The player) is to become Elden Lord.

Radagon is the Elden Lord that succeeds Godfrey IIRC, but I have to look into that stuff more as there is a lot of item descriptions anyway.

Edit: I forget we should just add this scene right here.

We literally see Marika turn into Radagon straightup. No ifs, no buts

Last edited:
Notice how she says "a god" right after that line. I don't think she's referring to herself as an individual here but as the representative vessel of the Elden Ring and chosen of the Greater Will. Also she says "my other self" right after it as well.
Stone hammer made in the lands of the Numen, outside the Lands Between. The tool with which Queen Marika shattered the Elden Ring and Radagon attempted to repair it.

The hammer partially broke upon shattering the Ring, becoming splintered with rune fragments”

There is also the item description from Marika’s Hammer.

Which you do get from the Elden Remembrance as well.

Last edited:
I made a thread where I proposed in a comment to give Duplication to Marika because Miyazaki had confirmed that Empyreans can have multiple different aspects, and he cited the case of Marika/Radagon as an example:

Duplication (or limited Duplication) should also be given to Marika (and Malenia, Ranni and Miquella) thanks to this (second image, about the two faces of Ranni)

Back