• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Should Ichigo get Non-Physical Interaction?

MachTwo said:
Whats your point? you want me to give you the scans on how hollow open portal to another dimension? because you can see the chapter yourself in wiki reference.
Do you read this or nah?

They do phase through matter(kishi)and can choose to impact matter or matter can impact them via reiatsu(spiritual force)

Dat Dot said:
Okay... How can you explain the "crack" in reality and black circle when Acidwire got away here?
Outside? Even Rukia said "Let's go." To go after it. Rukia has no powers at this point in the story and Ichigo doesn't know how to open Garganta. Only Urahara and Mayuri are the only Shinigami to open an artificial Garganta. I don't think she was telling Ichigo to let's go after him to Hueco Mundo. Is common sense.

I see so you either don't read or dont understands what the other guy told to you. :/

Well I dont wanna waste my time in here too so bye.

I read and try to understand your points, but they don't make sense with the context of what is happening in the story.

I think the problem with Intangibility in Bleach comes from "Standard Battle Assumptions" which equalized the verses and this is a problem with Bleach. In the verse there are two types of matter and if you equalize them in combat they become one.

Example: Quincy absorb Reishi (spiritual matter) to fight. If they face off againts Iron Man in one on one any Quincy can easily absorb his armor, skin, bones and soul since Reishi would be equalized with Kishi and therefore they would no longer have Psudo- Matter Manipulation but real Matter Manipulation.

I say this because Quincy have been shown to try and absorb other beings made off Reishi.

Dat Dot said:
Okay... How can you explain the "crack" in reality and black circle when Acidwire got away here?
When moving between dimensions or walls,space is distorted either way,so there is bound to be a distortion or crack,however the artist choose to represent it

@Apple

"Outside" doesn't really explain thing. Rukia saying "Let's go" doesn't explained thing either, remember she has hollow alarm in her equipment that beep when there's hollow around, so she'll know where acidwire gonna appear and even already deduced he's going after Orihime, not to mention there is no scene where Acidwire appears outside, and everything just skipped to Orihime's place, meaning Acidwire just gone. He just appeared in Orihime's apartement next.

Not to mention the crack similar when other hollows appear here, here, here, here when Ishida use the hollows bait. So I don't know why you said "It doesn't look like any portal you have seen in Bleach" since there's bunch of them with crack and circle stuff.

We don't see Rukia looking at her phone at all. Acidwire went to Rukia's place and if Rukia did use the phone to track it means that he wasn't in Hueco Mundo through a portal. The radar of Hollows only shows Hollows on the Living World. Did Acidwire appear in Orihime's room through a portal? Show scan.

Cracks between dimensions that Hollows broke through them are not a Garganta.

Shall we add Portal Creation to Ichigo because he broke through a similar crack here:

Bleach-2400899

Did you just ignored the part where I said Rukia already deduced Acidwire is going after Orihime...? And that literally prove Hollows do come from other dimension since they broke through a crack like Ichigo does, meaning they come from other dimension like Ichigo does. And Ichigo being able to create a similar crack is for another CRT, for another discussion.

So the main point is: Acidwire doesn't phase through wall because he's intangible, he can appear in Ichigo's room because hollow is capable to travel through dimension.

And with that I'm done with derail.

Dat Dot said:
Dis you just ignored the part where I said Rukia already deduced Acidwire is going after Orihime...? And that literally prove Hollows do come from other dimension since they broke through a crack like Ichigo does, meaning they come from other dimension like Ichigo does. And Ichigo being able to create a similar crack is for another CRT, for another discussion.
So the main point is: Acidwire doesn't phase through wall because they're capable to travel through dimension.
What kind of dimension travel works like this? There aren't two Acidwire, and the portals open in one single place. Zero cracks on the bed if you keep insisting with that been a portal.

Bleach-273
Bleach-274vkkjh

@Mach Two

You just being unnecessarily rude,@Applelord has a point just as much as @Dat dot.although am leaning to the former,because by your reasoning Rukia had to cross dimensions to soul society and back all because she wanted to enter ichigo's room.which is just funny.

Also,i don't think even top tier hollows can enter and exit dimensions mid combat and with partial body parts,at least not that that easily.

Heh? you talk to me? I dont remmeber to disccus about Rukia had to cross dimensions, only hollow and their dimensional travel.

I thought you where against spiritual beings.hollows,shinigami and such,being non-physical in the real world

Moving on, before it guess off-topic. Can we adress the elephant in the room?

Kishi (matter) while it doesn't mix well with Reishi (spiritual matter) possess a small fraction of soul which are made compose of reishi.

Zzsax said:
I thought you where against spiritual beings.hollows,shinigami and such,being non-physical in the real world
I'm against for shinigami and hollows to have non-physical body passively

Their non-physical thing need to be activated by them.

If Shunsui had Non-Physical Interaction, wouldn't he be able to hit the intangible Lille Barro without using his reality-warping Bankai?

I'm just saying that if all Bleach characters can interract / attack intangible beings, why couldn't Shunsui attack an intangible character?

Damage3245 said:
If Shunsui had Non-Physical Interaction, wouldn't he be able to hit the intangible Lille Barro without using his reality-warping Bankai?
We have multiple level of regen that was better than regenerate from nothing(which literally impossible) and we have People who can freeze stuff hundreds of times colder than the Absolute Zero.

Having intangibility that is untouchable by person who can interact with intangibility being is not the most impossible power in fiction.

Yes, there are different types of intangibility. For example, someone that can hit ghosts would not be able to touch Obito since his intangibility is spatial in nature.

Lille is currently classified under Immaterial Intangibility, iirc.

Immaterial: This type of intangibility allows the user to phase through most attacks due to not being made up of a physical substance, such as ghosts or characters who merely exist as a disembodied soul. It also includes characters that are made up of things like energy. Of course, this intangibility type still has its own weaknesses - a soul is vulnerable to soul manipulation, for example.

Lille definitely not vulnerable to soul manipulation.

Remind me why all Quincy are Resistant to Soul Manipulation again?

Yes, I was serious. I wanted to check the reason because the profiles themselves do not state it.

Don't be a jerk.

>Lille definitely not vulnerable to soul manipulation

Yes, because of the nature of Bleach. Normally, he'd be vulnerable to it. It's just like soul manipulation is a way to counter non-corporeality, but if the non-corporeal entity in question is resistant to soul manipulation, the weakness would be irrelevant to him / her.

Well, resistance doesn't imply immunity so it is still a potential weakness. Just not a concerning one.

Burning Full Fingers said:
Yes, because of the nature of Bleach. Normally, he'd be vulnerable to it. It's just like soul manipulation is a way to counter non-corporeality, but if the non-corporeal entity in question is resistant to soul manipulation, the weakness would be irrelevant to him / her.
He's not vulnerable to regular soul manipulation because regular soul manipulation won't even touch him.

Never said he's vulnerable to the normal 'touch and rip the soul out' method. Page says soul manipulation. It's not referring to a specific type. No one said your run-of-the-mill soul hax.

What I said is he not vulnerable soul manip because he has resistant to soul manip but he not vulnerable soul manip because normally soul manip won't touch him due to his intangibility, but his resistant to soul manip is usefull too if there are soul manip who can bypass his intangibility.

Well, so long as the soul manipulation doesn't require the user to physically touch him there is a chance he could be affected by it.

I believe ability that just make wounds appear in his body will bypass his intangibility.

So Shunsui bankai(naturally), Uryü Antithesis, Jugram Balance and Gerard Hoffnung will work on him.

Or ability with similar mechanic with his own X axis.

Back