• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
For a little explanation for people not familiar with the verse, Goddesses are one of the 5 main races in The NNT Universe and are bitter rivals with the demon clan due to the Supreme Deity and the Demon King fufilling their innate "purpose" of maintaining a balance between light and darkness.

So with that being said, Goddesses have an ability to utilize light particles called Ark and is a power that counters a Demon's Darkness. Cross referencing this with the criteria for Lightspeed it meets this criteria:
  • It is stated to be composed/consisting of photons or light itself, again by a reliable source.

It also has several Iterations like Omega Ark and other forms of Light Based Goddesses attacks I am too lazy to find. But it's also used as a straight beam in several other iterations as well like these for example, however it would be disengenious of me to not show some instances it is not depicted as "straight"(This One could be more of a angle/perspective issue because some look straight). With this second point It may disprove this disqualifer in the Lightspeed requirements.
  • They do not travel in straight lines (unless you can prove refraction/reflection, see above.)
It’s also shown to bounce off in a "reflective" looking manner of Diane's Heavy Metal and Her Sacred Treasure which is most likely also made out of metals.

Lastly, according to the Criteria if a series is close to or is faster than lightspeed the burden of proof to show that the laser is a true laser is Lessened which NNT would fall under as most of its characters are closer to and or Lightspeed via statements and even surpassing it.

With all these points brought up in this CRT, Should we start considering Goddess Magic as Light speed? and I would like to see what the thoughts are on all these points I have brought up

Agree:

Neutral:

Disagree:

Last edited:
I’m sure this topic has been brought up before, if so, what were the contentions?

Also if the reflection example were to be considered valid, are there other examples on this site of light speed being accepted with just 2 conditions being met, with none of them being a “speed of light” like statement? I’m not particularly against this I’m just wondering if it’s enough

I’m sure this topic has been brought up before, if so, what were the contentions?

Also if the reflection example were to be considered valid, are there other examples on this site of light speed being accepted with just 2 conditions being met, with none of them being a “speed of light” like statement? I’m not particularly against this I’m just wondering if it’s enough
Yeah it’s been brought up multiple times tbh but it was like a while ago so I really can’t remember or was even there for when it was being contended so I couldn’t tell ya.

Although it’s not explicitly stated to be LS it’s stated to be “using light particles” wouldn’t that be enough alongside meeting 2 requirements (technically the reflective stuff is one requirement aswell but I didn’t really add it because I was a little bit skeptical) and doesn’t meet one disqualifier. And to be honest I’m also not familiar with Lightspeeds revisions similar to this on the site so I don’t know if a revision has been accepted based on 2 requirements. Also believed the verse being closer to or equal/greater than LS would help ease the burden so the 2 requirements could be accepted?

It’s hella late for me so I’ll comment on this tmw. But by just skimming your reply I do agree with the last part of the current state of the verse’s speed easing the burden

i will always hate the bending debate... it bends cuz their light manipulators so yes they can control where it goes . sure light dont bend but it will if i can make it lol .

Back