• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Should Gigantamax Charizard be put as at least High 7-A?

Mega Charizard is already High 7-A so it's not a guess to have Gigantamax Charizard be at least that.

Having them both be High 7-A is misleading in my opinion since one might assume they are the same strength when one is clearly stronger along with the description clearly saying that Gigantamax > Mega

Can you give a specific statement saying Gigantimax > Mega-Evolution? Until you can provide that, they're just two different levels that are generally over 2X the power of standard fully-evolved Pokemon.

Looking Charizard's page, it looks like that the justification for Gigantamax Charizard seemed to be copy and pasted over from the Mega Charizard's justification, just thought I should point that out

I mean, it's not like there's any clear indication one way or another which is stronger, so of course both would scale from the same thing, and hence, would have similar text to each other. Unless, again, there's a statement somewhere saying whether one or the other is stronger or not.

Thank you for helping out Starter Pack.

Ik this is a dead thread but i wanna revive this.

in this video a rather random g-max centiscorch overpowers the combined attacks of Dragonite, Pikachu and Riolu.
You can think whatever you want about riolu playing a role (despite the fact that this one almost tied with a grappoloct who beat a mega lucario)
But what's important is
-Pikachu scales more than 2x above the feat we use (overpowered a double hyper-beam from Tyranitar who is >starter final evolutions and Ghyrados who is around the same or equal to the starter final evos. Pikachu also beat a Mega Ghyrados and a Mega Lucario)
-Dragonite (Ash's dragonite, despite already being damaged by mienshao (and beating it), was able to fight and defeat a very well trained mega lucario)
Now ash's pikachu did use an electro-net which is somewhat below his average thunderbolt but still

G-max should scale notably above 4x 700mt or they would scale >2.8gt

I agree with the idea that Gigantamax Pokemon are 2x above Mega Pokemon. A Gigantamax'd Drednaw had also previously no-sold Ash's Pikachu's electroweb, so this seems fairly consistent.

Yeah, new evidence kind of trumps my old arguments.

I'll agree with Gyro's assertion here.

Back