• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shockirus vs Cloverfield Parasite (Godzilla vs Cloverfield)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both monsters are, funnily enough, completely equal in stats, can climb stuff and jump good, have natural weaponry, and can't stealth each other. The one deciding factor here is the Parasite's durability negating toxin and while Shockirus does have Immortality Type 2 I don't think that would save it from having its insides blown up. Voting Clover's Parasite.

Both monsters are, funnily enough, completely equal in stats, can climb stuff and jump good, have natural weaponry, and can't stealth each other. The one deciding factor here is the Parasite's durability negating toxin and while Shockirus does have Immortality Type 2 I don't think that would save it from having its insides blown up. Voting Clover's Parasite.
Counted.

Also, I just watched an analysis on YouTube that explains how the parasite's toxin works. It basically causes your blood pressure to become so high that your veins ******* explode. So yeah, I might just add it in the Notable Attacks/Techniques section.

How fast can it suck blood?
The movie didn't really have a good timeframe from what I can tell. It just showed that most of the crew members were sucked dry by the time the reporter boarded their ship. And I don't think there was more than one of Shockirus.

The movie didn't really have a good timeframe from what I can tell. It just showed that most of the crew members were sucked dry by the time the reporter boarded their ship. And I don't think there was more than one of Shockirus.
Shockirus would have to stay latched onto the Parasite in order to suck out its blood while the Parasite only needs a few minutes for the toxin to kill it, and that's from a single bite.

Last edited:
Shockirus would have to stay latched onto the Parasite in order to suck out its blood while the Parasite only needs a few minutes for the toxin to kill it, and that's from a single bite.
Alright so I just checked and the toxin IS in the Parasite's blood so Shockirus can't even suck it without getting itself killed as well, though I also found out that the actual timeframe for death is longer than I originally thought (20 to 40 minutes from a single bite instead of just a few minutes) so this shouldn't change the outcome by much.

Last edited:
Clover's FRA
Counted
Alright so I just checked and the toxin IS in the Parasite's blood so Shockirus can't even suck it without getting itself killed as well, though I also found out that the actual timeframe for death is longer than I originally thought (20 to 40 minutes from a single bite instead of just a few minutes) so this shouldn't change the outcome by much.
Huh, interesting. I guess theoretically, Shockirus could kill the Parasite first, but Shockirus is gonna die regardless. I’m keeping my vote for the Parasite. Thanks for looking into that.

Last edited:
I think I'll vote Inconclusive because both of them just die. The Shockirus drains the parasite of blood but dies from it's toxins tens of minutes later
I'll add your vote.

So quick question, but would the Parasite's toxin still cause the same effects if it doesn't directly go into Shockirus's blood? That may be a dumb question, but even in real life for example, snake venom won't necessarily kill you if swallowed.

I'll add your vote.

So quick question, but would the Parasite's toxin still cause the same effects if it doesn't directly go into Shockirus's blood? That may be a dumb question, but even in real life for example, snake venom won't necessarily kill you if swallowed.
Obviously we don't know if the Parasite's toxin works similarly to Snake venom but let's assume it's comparable to a degree. Reading the article, even if snake venom is swallowed, it still gets into your bloodstream after it's broken down by the digestive system, it just won't affect you as quickly as a direct bite. Also I wonder if the Shockirus could actually survive the toxin as they're stated to have no bones, and on the Parasite's profile it says that the main reason it's bite is so dangerous is because the toxin pretty much causes the brain to swell at a rapid rate, becoming too big for the skull to contain; thus resulting in the head exploding (A nasty way to go). So I do question whether the Shockirus would still explode or just end up looking like a well-fed tick

I want to elaborate a bit more on why I think the Shockirus could end up surviving the toxins. As mentioned earlier, the most notable thing the toxin does is overstimulate the cells within a victim's body to grow at a rapid rate, which is shown to affect organs like the brain. This kinda reminds me of a condition called Water Intoxication, which happens when you consume too much water. The excess water doesn't have room in the body so what happens is that it flows into the bodies cells and can even cause organs like the heart, stomach, intestines, and the brain to inflate. Normally this isn't so bad as organs like the first three I mentioned are soft and a bit stretchy, the brain is same but the problem is that if it swells to a point it presses against the skull, this causes blood vessels in the brain to rupture which can lead to symptoms like seizures, coma, and even death if not treated in time.

The parasite's toxin is kinda similar to that but obviously way worse. As I mentioned earlier, the Shockirus is stated to have no bones, which means it has no skull or skeleton that holds it's organs together, and given it's squishy-looking appearance, it's likely that it's organs can expand to a level that's not harmful. However there is also a chance that this toxin could cause it's body to expand so much that it's unable to move (Sort of like what happened to Violet Beauregarde in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory). If the Shockirus is able to recover from this in under 24 hours, it leaves the boat the winner, but if it doesn't, then it ends up Inconclusive.

So while I'm kinda leaning towards the Shockirus, I'm still keeping my vote on Incon as what I explained is still heavily based on assumption rather than fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back