• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shiki Tohno/Nanaya for higher AP

48B81F0D8BE5AC5A96DA6DE725ED498C7739CF85

I am relatively new to the VS battle wiki, but I have been a nasuverse fan for about 5 years I noticed that Nanaya's AP was at Small Building Level and wanted to argue for higher. Since Shiki tohno and Nanaya share the same profile their feats can apply to one another as they are simply an alter ego of the others personality. Shiki Nanaya, who is created in Melty Blood Act Cadenza, hunts down and had a duel with Kouma Kishima. This duel takes place in both Kouma's arcade story and Nanaya's, but the ending stays relatively the same. In Nanaya's he kills Kouma by slicing his throat, and in Kouma's he notices that Nanaya had the opportunity to crush his throat, but didn't. Nanaya has no access to the hax mystic eyes of death meaning killing Kouma was completely on strength and speed. You can't even argue White Len was amplifying his power, as in both routes either Nanaya or Kouma kills her just before the battle begins. Kouma is stated by Nasu to be on par with an average servant with an average Noble Phantasm, even the lowest rank E rank strength is listed as Island Level by the wiki. This wouldn't be an outlier either, since Nasu stated that Tohno has become more of a competent as a fighter between Tsukihime and Melty Blood. Kouma also states Nanaya/Tohno will "surpass" Kiri Nanaya, who was a legendary demon hunter.

This is in general discussion instead of crts btw

Anyway, I'm pretty sure Nanaya is just consistently physically superior to Tohno, despite sharing the same body, awakening his Nanaya blood let him blitz Arc, he is stated to know all the Nanaya techniques and mastered them, he kills Tohno multiple times with ease, and its not even close, etc

Them sharing the same body doesn't inherently mean they're equal when one is still the demon slaying part of him, and the other is the brainwashed non demon slaying part, especially considering there are mental effects in Nasu that change physical strength (i.e suggestion), so its reasonable to say that when Nanaya awakens, Shiki just simply gets stronger. So if you were to scale him to Kouma, he should probably just get a different key

They currently share the same key as of now. And as of Tsukihime 2s prelude, Merem implies he can control his Nanaya urges. So either it can be a Shiki Nanaya and Tohno page, or maybe they can make an 'Island Level with Nanaya'. It seems that Nanaya has a clear boost, to both remember the Nanaya Clan techniques but also his body.

I agree with Paul. You should separate Nanaya from Tohno. Him scaling to Kouma makes sense.
I don't disagree with the idea, but I also see why they do it as they are the same person in a way, like how Arctype and Arcuied share a profile. Tohno also can channel Nanaya in some circumstances, like he does in the Nrvnqsr Fight.

Tohno also can channel Nanaya in some circumstances, like he does in the Nrvnqsr Fight.
That was more as Nanaya coming out and taking control of Shiki's body as the dominant personality. As Paul said, Shiki gets consistently much stronger whenever Nanaya comes out. So i would say he could have a key regarding Nanaya which will include his feats from both when he takes control of Shiki's body and when he is an indipendent tatari manifestation in MB.

That was more as Nanaya coming out and taking control of Shiki's body as the dominant personality. As Paul said, Shiki gets consistently much stronger whenever Nanaya comes out. So i would say he could have a key regarding Nanaya which will include his feats from both when he takes control of Shiki's body and when he is an indipendent tatari manifestation in MB.
As it is now, I feel they are connected and downplayed which isn't good for either.

Indeed, that's why we should do what Hyper said, and make a key for Nanaya inside the profile, so it'd be Shiki Tohno | Shiki Nanaya

And the latter would have all of Nanaya's feats from both when he takes over, and when he is summoned with TATARI, then you can note about how Tohno is able to tap into that sometimes on his key

Indeed, that's why we should do what Hyper said, and make a key for Nanaya inside the profile, so it'd be Shiki Tohno | Shiki Nanaya

And the latter would have all of Nanaya's feats from both when he takes over, and when he is summoned with TATARI, then you can note about how Tohno is able to tap into that sometimes on his key
That sounds like the ideal solution really. I do hope they notice they downplayed Nanaya

Back