• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shalltear arrogance

Should we remove this from her weaknesses?

She is an arrogant ****** and enjoys toying with enemies she thinks pose no threat.
After she'd been scolded by Ainz she's become less arrogant than before. And in vol.11 he lectured her that enemy can be as strong as him.

"The Supreme Beings would do that too? But, comparing this enemy to the Supreme Beings is a little…"
"Really? You should assume that the enemy can do everything I can do. Only a fool thinks that they are special and gets full of themselves. Remain evercautious. In any case, I do not wish to let the enemy see our full fighting strength."

Well, a lecture doesn't necessarily mean one would simply discard an entire personality, more info is needed.

>Well, a lecture doesn't necessarily mean one would simply discard an entire personality

Narberal is a good example it's mean exactly this. In the Shalltear case she's made a note about all that Ainz said in this entire volume, so i assume she definitely follow the instructions

"Hang on a bit, Ainz-sama!"
Shalltear took out a notebook and flipped it open. "Please, go on."

"Oh. Umu. A notebook, huh… Very attentive of you. Ahem! Er— we are now about to enter a very dangerous area. As for why it is dangerous, that's because there is a being who can defeat two of my Death Knights. While comparing Death Knights to you is something of an insult—"
As he thought of that, Ainz felt deeply ashamed. Realizing that he had been mistaken after lecturing Shalltear so passionately made his face feel like it was about to erupt in flames ÔöÇ and then, the shame was gone. In its place was a smoldering depression. And then, as he thought about how Shalltear had been taking notes, it deepened ÔöÇ and then he was back to normal.

Point is, it isn't a character flaw anymore since this weakness will never come up again. Her literal God told her to better herself and she took that to the point that she's actively taking notes. If that doesn't scream "I learned my lesson", I don't know what will.

People migbt want to use the shalltear who fought Ainz since its the only time they saw her fighting for real.

Just add a note that the referred weakness only applies to Shalltear prior to being scolded. And that's it.

"People might want to use the shalltear that fought Ainz" is literally using an outdated version of a character that ignores any change a character underwent in their story. XD

Casban2000 said:
Just add a note that the referred weakness only applies to Shalltear prior to being scolded. And that's it.
This seems like a good solution, yes.

Akreious said:
"People might want to use the shalltear that fought Ainz" is literally using an outdated version of a character that ignores any change a character underwent in their story. XD
We should not ignore shalltear's whole development and focus on either her current self or her past self.

And that's thr only time we have seen Shalltear fighting seriously so...

Akreious said:
Have you seen any profile with keys in it? That's the exact thing they're doing.

Back