• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shalltear & Ainz speed revision

The speed was like a flash of lightning. So fast that by the time the light entered your vision, your head would already be falling to the ground. Millions of repetitions had finally resulted in a speed that entered the realm of gods. I got her.

Brain was certain and couldn't help but widen his eyes.

The slash that cut through the air had all of his strength behind it. If she had managed to dodge, then he would have been forced to admit that an opponent stronger than even his wildest imagination had finally appeared before him.

However, Shalltear had caught it with her fingers.

A slash near the speed of light.

While staring at his opponent's neck, Shalltear's face entered his vision. He only had one real target, her right ankle in mid-motion.

He slightly dropped his katana, still in its sheath, all in an attempt to accelerate himself even a tiny bit faster.

After breaking his concentration, he confirmed that the speed of this slash would be even faster than the previous one. If he himself were on the receiving end, he would not be able to defend against it.

This could work!

Just barely visible beneath the edges of her skirt, as he was about to blow away the thin ankle that suited the girl so well.

Shalltear blocks attacks at Lightspeed, this would not be a hyperbole because she is also stated to be FAR stronger than literally anyone in Nazarick besides Ainz. She made Ainz struggle even, and her power and speed is so unparalleled that Ainz makes Albedo and the others not fight with him.

My laptop errored sorry.

"The speed was like a flash of lightning. So fast that by the time the light entered your vision, your head would already be falling to the ground. Millions of repetitions had finally resulted in a speed that entered the realm of gods. I got her. Brain was certain— —and couldn't help but widen his eyes. The slash that cut through the air had all of his strength behind it. If she had managed to dodge, then he would have been forced to admit that an opponent stronger than even his wildest imagination had finally appeared before him. However— Shalltear had caught it with her fingers. —a slash near the speed of light."

"While staring at his opponent's neck, Shalltear's face entered his vision. —he only had one real target, her right ankle in mid-motion. He slightly dropped his katana, still in its sheath, all in an attempt to accelerate himself even a tiny bit faster. After breaking his concentration, he confirmed that the speed of this slash would be even faster than the previous one. If he himself were on the receiving end, he would not be able to defend against it. This could work! Just barely visible beneath the edges of her skirt, as he was about to blow away the thin ankle that suited the girl so well—"

"Shalltear blocks attacks at Lightspeed, this would not be a hyperbole because she is also stated to be FAR stronger than literally anyone in Nazarick besides Ainz. She made Ainz struggle even, and her power and speed is so unparalleled that Ainz makes ALbedo and the others not fight with him."

My Problem with this is that if they get light speed so should Brain (a lowly human who can barely fight creatures lvl 30) because the abilty "God Slash" was also described as "slash near the speed of light"

And that's not all but, this is a medieval setting where a human could not possibly know the actual speed of light if we go by logic at least...

So honestly I see this as a hyperbole since I read Overlord and as my favourite novel I saw a lot of descriptions of this kind which look more like hyperboles also because no one has shown an impressive speed feat.

Another thing Ainz has later on confirmed that guardians can be ranked with their battle capabilities and has given shalltear the first rank but has also said that every guardian could win an actual battle against each other(exception for victim) because they all have something on their side(defence,range attacks etc)and has also explained that Gargantua is probably stronger than Shaltera but he didn't rank him because of his lack of intellect.

The point of this is the fact he wanted to fight Shalltear not because none of the other guardians had a chance but simply cause he felt it was his duty to do so, since every guardian has a chance of wining against each of other guardians.

@William

We dont have anything better to gauge their speed than this statement. If the technique is described as being near speed of light, it seems legit by my side. The narrator just described the technique.

Also, God Slash is supposed to be his trump card, I know it sounds weird for a human to have that ability, but eh, just because they dont seem that fast, doesnt mean that they arent.

And "near the speed of light" is far less of a hyperbole than many of the abilities described in the novels.

it's not question of they don't seem that fast... It's the fact that even the best of feats aren't hypersonic for stronger characters figures a Human and again he shouldn't have problems with (lvl 30) creatures. Actually if Shalltear is to have this speed than so would the guardians and many other characters later on... Now I could go further into discusion, but i prefer just waiting for staff and their opinion about this being hyperbole or not cause again if this is accepted pretty much half of the verse gets light speed without even a feat in hundreds of Mach...

I mean, there are 0 serious speed feats, so a near lightspeed feat isnt an outlier per se.

I said everything I had about this so, the rest is on staff members descison would this be considered hyperbole or flowery language something that is pretty overused in the novel.

And no we can't call it an outlier cause even if we do say Brain's light speed is outlier and for Shalltear and Ainz is not we would anyway end up with guardians light speed, which would lead to lizardman light speed which leads to unded skeletons light speed which leads to humans being light speed and I am talking about random soldiers that are much weaker than Brain so yeah the outlier would be discarded as option and so yeah we have light speed human soldiers...

WilliamShadow said:
I said everything I had about this so, the rest is on staff members descison would this be considered hyperbole or flowery language something that is pretty overused in the novel.
And no we can't call it an outlier cause even if we do say Brain's light speed is outlier and for Shalltear and Ainz is not we would anyway end up with guardians light speed, which would lead to lizardman light speed which leads to unded skeletons light speed which leads to humans being light speed and I am talking about random soldiers that are much weaker than Brain so yeah the outlier would be discarded as option and so yeah we have light speed human soldiers...
Not at all, it literally was stated in the LN that Shalltear>>> all of the other Guardians and was the strongest in Nazarick besides Ainz lol. It would make sense for this to be taken seriously. She was literally bodying everyone else that she fought, with 0 effort besides Ainz lol. Nobody scales to Shalltear at all what so ever and the Novel proves this.

If you read the entier LN you will actually see that Shalltear was said as the strongest floor guardian except for the fortress Gargantuan.

And in Emissary of the King bundled with anime blu Ray our friend Ainz gives the rankings.

Another proof of this is that the same guardians said they don't know who would win between Albedo and Shalltear the reason why was explained later on and that is the fact that Albedo has greater raw power and almost impenetrable defence...

the translation I read put Shalltear as the strongest combat wise. Also had Albedo's defense the highest in all Nazarick and Sebas Tian being stronger than Albedo and Cocytus.

And Aura along her tamed beasts would be the strongest of them all.

@William No, we wouldnt have Light Speed Lizardmen, they dont scale to the guardians.

^Shalltear has best battle skills which is why she is rated as number one.

Lizardman scale from Cocytus as they have defeated him and his group of undead first time and later he fought again and succeed at wining against two of them.

Thou let's leave that aside and see what staff thinks about hyperbole or not thing.

What? when did they beat Cocytus himself? He didnt engage them personally the first time and the second time they were destroyed by him.

Lets see what the others have to say.

Back