• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
If Zeal is resistant to time space manipulation that could spell trouble for Shadow's haxes. What's her AP?

Oh in that case Shadow does have the AP advantage then. Not by much to consider it a oneshot.

Zeal can ignore conventional durability though, so that could spell out trouble for Shadow, going to vote for her.

She resists space-time manipulation?

Ok, then Shadow via AP, teleport spam, Indigo Asteroid, and BFR with Chaos Rift.

@MYHERO No offense but that vote is very lazy.

Zeal leads with Halation, which instantly puts Shadow near death and is AoE. Chaos Rift is useless on Zeal given her connection with the flea.

To be fair, Shadow has the Replenisher and healing items from Sonic Chronicles. Unless it keeps him at near-death (I don't know how it works, sorry), it's nothing that passive healing can't fix.

Or you know, he can just spam teleport and beat the snot out of her like he did to Infinite. He has the AP advantage after all.

Shadow can also heal himself via Chaos Control in Sonic Battle.

ShakeResounding said:
To be fair, Shadow has the Replenisher and healing items from Sonic Chronicles. Unless it keeps him at near-death (I don't know how it works, sorry), it's nothing that passive healing can't fix.
Given I highly doubt passive healing instantly brings Shadow anywhere near mid, let alone full, as it's gradual, it doesn't stop Zeal from following up with another powerful attack.

ShadowWarrior1999 said:
Halation must be game mechanics as well.
False equivalency. It's obvious the insta-ko aspect comes from the BFR. Sheer Cold from Pokemon's OHKO aspect comes from Absolute Zero, for example. Someone resists ABZ, it's not gonna one-shot them anyway. This is clearly more analogous to that.

^Answer this Cal.

It's a good point. Problem is, Shadow needs to beat down Zeal, when Zeal needs Halation or Life Shaver, again, moves she spams, to lower Shadow to the point that Energy Spheres will kill him. Zeal teleports often too, so telespam's not 100% effective. Zeal's more experienced as well, being millions of years old. MP Buster also shuts down Shadow, keeping him from doing literally anything but fisticuffs.

1) Shadow spams the Chaos Rift in Chronicles against Sonic. Sonic can't touch them otherwise it's instant KO.

2) Not only can Shadow teleport spam, but he can also hide himself in distorted space (see Chaos Burst). He also has the advantage in range, that being planetary vs hundreds of kilometers, and he is willing to play the range game.

What? The game's a JRPG to the best of my knowledge. How can Sonic actively dodge something in a JRPG?

I've looked up Chaos Burst, which doesn't even seem that useful unless Zeal gets in Melee range, and given she has absolutely zero Melee attacks, it won't help. I also promise you Shadow won't use planetary range.

The rifts don't visibly move, Sonic has to jump over them.

It's useful for Shadow to hide himself so she can't detect him, then come out for a sneak attack.

Shadow abused range against Solaris, using nothing but Spear of Light to damage him without getting close. So yes, he can use range to his advantage here.

I still don't change my statement.

One, Zeal can see his Shadow, and two, Shadow can only walk/run while doing that.

You know darn well what I meant. Shadow will not use planetary range under any circumstance.

The "shadow" you speak of is just the spot holder so the player knows where Shadow is. Also not true, as Shadow is clearly capable of warping to attack opponents in mid-air.

"Shadow will not use planetary range under any circumstance."

Even though I proved it's in-character for him to use ranged attacks.

The shadow I speak of is what is shown. You're interpreting things different from what they're shown to be to make Shaodw seem more OP. If Shadow has a Shadow during that attack and can't do anything else but move, then tough luck. That's what was shown.

Goku uses ranged attacks in character. I guess he'll spam universe crossing blasts then from the other side of the universe.

Sorry if I'm being rude, btw.

The "interpretation" is consistency with other games where he teleports and doesn't leave a shadow. The Chaos Burst is just an example of how Shadow can hide in distorted space before coming out of teleportation.

Fine, got me there.

Back