• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Severe Underdog speed upgrade

The_real_cal_howard

Read my comic
VS Battles
Retired
I continued watching the show, and I found a legit feat. In the episode The Zot, an alien princess is looking for a husband. After they failed to find anyone on their planet, they search the galaxy, and then the universe to find her husband, and naturally, they find Underdog. In an absurdly quick timeframe, they go to Earth to bring him there. He doesn't come, and throws one of the ships back. It may have stopped accelerating from the throw as there was other ships with it, so that's probably unquantifiable. But that's not the reason I brought this up. They then send an army, who Underdog meets halfway and takes out all of their army, with large portions of it in one shot. Probably a city block level feat but I'll pass over it for now. Eventually they get the idea to kidnap Polly Purebred (Underdog's supposed love interest) and force him to marry the princess or else. Underdog is in the middle of shining someone's shoe when he gets the message. He then tells the guy that he'll finish tomorrow and flies all the way there unaided. He gets there, agrees to marry the princess, Polly gets sent home and newscasts that Underdog won't be returning, UD fights a dragon, and in a twist, the princess fell in love with the Prime Minister in the meantime, so UD flies back.

This is the episode in two parts.Parts one and two and parts 3 and 4.

I'm going to lowball the crud out of it, and say this is in the Andromeda Galaxy, as they checked the galaxy, failed, and had to broaden their search to the universe. Did a quick search, and the andromeda galaxy is 2.537 million light years away from Earth. And since UD said he'd be back to finish tomorrow, I lowballed the time to 12 hours, 12 to fly there and 12 to get back (though I doubt the king and queen had Polly tied up with a giant rock dangling and holding scissors to drop the rock for 12 hours). A simple speed distance time calculation got 1853.31077c. Or MFTL+

Underdog for the fastest high 8-C

I suppose that this seems reasonable, although we probably need some more input.

I don't know if it is important enough. Sorry.

However, you can write a blog post, and ask some calculation group members to evaluate the feat. If they accept it, you can upgrade the character.

Okay so Cal wanted me to go and give my opinion on this. Alrighty.

Looking at the description of the feat, i would say it's safe enough to be reasonable here. Though like Ant, i'd like to have more input on this to see if anybody else thinks this is legit or not....

Well, you still cannot link to a forum thread to motivate an upgrade. Our policy is to only allow blog posts for such purposes.

Okay. You can ask a few calculation group members to evaluate it.

Alright, I gotta ask, this seems like something that'd be considered an outlier. Has he portrayed speed like this is in any other way?

Well, I would prefer more staff input.

Well, okay then. I suppose that this should be possible to apply.

If he flew to Andromeda and back in a 24 hour timespan you'd have to double the distance to the Andromeda system. This would actually be 1,853,000,000c.

I'm actually banking on LordXcano being right. 1.8 bil c Underdog would be music to my ears.

Back