• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Setting the Universe on fire

I'm pretty sure such a feat would be 3-A, via destroying a universe, but I don't see any way to even calculate it, whether or not fiction ignore science.

Best way i can think of is increasing the heat of the entire universe into some high degree that is considered destructive in the comsic scale.

Most of the universe is empty space/dark matter and energy. Only 4.6% of the universe is matter. And then a large chunk of that is made of stars and neutron stars and black holes and things like that, things that you can't even set on fire, or are hotter than fire.

So even if this was calcable in any way, there's far less than 1% of the universe that can we can even say would be capable of burning. This probably wouldn't get past 4-B. Even if all trillions of stars went supernova, the total energy combined wouldn't even reach baseline 4-A.

Most of the universe is empty space/dark matter and energy. Only 4.6% of the universe is matter. And then a large chunk of that is made of stars and neutron stars and black holes and things like that, things that you can't even set on fire, or are hotter than fire.

So even if this was calcable in any way, there's far less than 1% of the universe that can we can even say would be capable of burning. This probably wouldn't get past 4-B. Even if all trillions of stars went supernova, the total energy combined wouldn't even reach baseline 4-A.
I assumed something like this. Anyway I could calculate that? Or at least start the calc. Also note this isn’t destroying the universe.

Space itself can't be on fire. I'm no calc expert but I know setting space on fire can't be calced (nor does it make sense lol)

Note that for something to be set on fire without an oxidizing agent, particularly oxygen. There's no presence of oxygen in outer space and there's nothing for said flames to burn, so realistically a fire cannot occur.

But if it did, then said fire would cover a universal-sized area of effect and it'd most likely be straight up universe level, if not higher because chances are, said fire would most likely disintegrate everything contained within said universe probably.

Wouldn't it have to be a lot hotter than regular fire? It'd have to burn neutron stars, quasars and the like, even if it were possible.

Engulfing is one thing, being able to do anything to the universe as a whole is another.

And I'm not sure if those jets of plasma count but I'm no physicist.

Back