• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Series that you feel are underrated.

This topic has been in my mind for quite some time. There are many shows that I feel are really underrated. Well some of these shows maybe popular I just found them underrated personally so take my opinion with a pinch of salt k.

In no particular order.

1) Baccano!: The better version of Durarara!!. This series has one of the best dubs in anime history. If you like a show centered around gang wars, mafias, some supernatural elements and really interesting characters then watch this gem of a series ASAP!! Just do it! and then maybe we can get a second season of this show (cries in a corner!)

2) Akatsuki no Yona: The best way to describe this show is a simple story with a brilliant execution. The voice acting (Sub version) is brilliant in this show (Especially Hak and Yona).

3) Monogatari series: This is a show that I normally would not recommend to just anybody. You either like or hate this series there is no in between. I personally like this show very much (It is probably in my top 15 or top 10 favourite shows of all time.) Many people don't like this show because of its heavy focus on dialogues. If action genre is the only thing you care about then please don't watch this show. This show is pretty deep in philosophy despite having scenes like this... Also this series has some of my favourite characters ever.

4) Barakamon: One of the best slice of life anime (In my top 15 shows) I have ever seen. Much/Infinitely better than Usagi Drop (Don't watch that cr#p. If you have already watched it then don't ever read the manga you will get really disturbed trust me!) On a personal note this show is really relatable to me reminds me of my native place :)

Majin Acolyte said:
I agree with Akatsuki No Yona. The other three are pretty popular imo. Especially Monogatari. That has a huge fanbase.
Are you sure about Baccano?

Doctor Who isn't underrated, also it isn't always that great with many plot holes and cheap writting (but it's still awesome).

Back