• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Confluctor

VS Battles
Retired
Sentry power additions.

New

1. Reality warping: Has shown to manipulate reality on many occasions:

2. Limited resistance to reality warping. Resisted Wanda's reality warping during House of M and remembered the Void
Context: In this new reality, people were given new lives - the thing their heart wanted the most, and most did not have their powers and stuff. However, Sentry remembered the Void aspect of him, despite he was given a life where he shouldn't have. I know that Wolverine remembered because of some sort of loophole because he desired to remember his past or something.

3. Resistance to Life force absorption: Rogue can touch him and he has resisted her touch

4. Limited time space manipulation: Sentry moved so fast, he bent time and space

5. Limited magic: Void was able to use Dr Strange's magic, even after they got separated

6. Corruption

7. Anti Matter Absorption/Empowerment: The Void can become much stronger in the presence of Anti-Matter and he can feed on Negative Zone cosmic rays

8. Fusionism: fuses with the Void

9. Possession: Posses Doctor Strange and his Dog

10. Rage Power: His powers varies depending on his mental and emotional stability, sometimes when he is angry, his power grows

11. Large Size (Type 0 or possibly Type 1): the Void, he can grow very large

12. Sand Manipulation: Created sand golems to attack the Wasp

13. Precognition: Once someone touches the Infinitendrils, they see the worst memories of their past, present AND future

14. Multiple Personalities: Sentry and Void are two different personalities, both created by Robert.

15. Possibly: Avatar creation: Robert created Sentry and Void and created an army of the Void monsters
Reason: Sentry and Void are manifestation of good and bad side of Robert. The two of them can exists in different places at the same time as well have different set of objectives. Also, in Black Panther and Agents of Wakanda, he creates hundreds of Void monsters that terrorises people and the heroes.

Another proposal: Separate keys for the Sentry. Not for Void and Sentry, but for different writers. One key for "Normal" Sentry, that's when he is written by Bendis, Remender, Pak, Lemire, and others who had their hands on the character. The second key should be specifically for Jenkins and Cates version. Jenkins and Cates' Sentry obviously operates at an extremely different power levels. Jenkins relies heavily on statements, but the way he intends to write him is much more powerful. Cates seems to pick up on Jenkins' statements and base new Sentry feats around it. These two are quite consistent with one another.

Feats and statements for new key:
1. Jenkins and Lee's Sentry Vol.1
2. Jenkins and Romita's Sentry Vol.2
3. Doctor Strange by Cates
4. King in Black by Cates

Tl;dr: Add a new key to his profile for these two writers. The power levels here are very very different than the normal one. There are more than enough feats to justify a 2-C for this key as it is very consistent when written by this author. Cates, like Jenkins, treats him as a hero a lot more powerful than usual Sentry writers do.

Last edited:
Reality warping, pretty straight forward:
In Black Panther and the Agents of Wakanda, the author confirms that he is a reality warper. In this issue and the previous one, it can be seen how he messed around with reality.
The narration describes it as shift of reality in Sentry Vol.1 #5.
Tony stark explains some of it here too.
Sentry: Fallen Sun "twisting reality" when talking about the events of Dark Avengers and Siege.
Another one where it states he has possible reality warping. "You can mold the world into what you know it should be"
There is also his Watchtower. It appears twice when he remembers and then vanishes once he "dies"
Yes, but some of them seem poetic w/o the full context of the story. If you own the images in Imgur you can write it in the description. The Watchtower thing can be Matter Manip.
Possible: limited resistance to reality warping (or perhaps mind manipulation?). During HoM, he remembered the Void despite all the changes to the world.

W/o context that doesn't tell us anything. And remembering things in House of M is a pain, Wolverine could do it via having been messed w/ his mind before so it should be Mind Manip, but other context iirc implies there were real changes in the past.
Resistance to life force absorption:
resistance to Life-Force Absorption. In Sentry: Fallen Sun,it was stated that Rogue can touch him and he is unafffected by her.
Not necessarily unaffected but he does resist it, yes.
Possible regen upgrade - to low godly:
Morgan kills him, leaving literally nothing behind. She teleports into him and makes him explode. And also the whole molecule man stuff.
1, 2, 3,
We don't assume a character blowing up means there's not even a molecule left of them.
Perhaps its an exaggeration, but it is said his speed can bent time space:
Sure, limited time and space manip is good.
Small justifification to be added to his dimensional travel ability (the one his profile is kind of confusing):
Doesn't do it w/o context.
limited Magic, yes can absorb and even use magic - possibly for a short time:
4 - it took three of them imprison him again
Sadly again doesn't do it w/o context.
Having f*cked up chi doesn't necessarily mean he can manipulate it, it can just be that him being uneasy and crazy made his chi that way.
Limited corruption?
I guess??
limited Anti-Matter absorption (or empowerment?):
Can you word this as if it were in the profile? You doing it would take less time that anyone reading it getting where's the power there and if it's correct and there someone wording it for the profile.
Fusion:
From Sentry 2018: 1 and 2
From Annihilation Scourge: 1, 2, 3, 4 - for Surfer too, if he doesn't have it already
The second seems to be Surfer's doing?
Rage power:
Sentry's power depends on his mental control, a few times, he has shown to get very strong when angry. Like in Mighty Avengers, when his wife was killed, he resurrects her and then fights Ultron. He seemed stronger than he did before his wife died.

Well, it can be nothing notable, he was already able to bend her body w/ his attacks.
Equipment addition:
Confluctor. In the original mini, it was a vague device that he got from another planet. Apparently, it can help against the Void, but not sure how. In Sentry Vol.2, it shows that it can help create portals to another universe/dimension (1 and 2). In Sentry Vol.3, it was modified by Doc Strange and Stark to basically imprison the Void inside a mental reality.
Those 2 images don't really prove anything on their own.

The Watchtower thing can be Matter Manip.

I don't see exactly how it's matter manip? The first one, can be, yes. But the other one during Siege... He was basically "dead". And as he died, the reality returned to normal. If you have read Jenkins run or Bendis early run, it has been said/hinted at that he manipulated reality multiple times to remove himself from history books. Yes, the first was with the machine but some under his own powers. (I will get the scans for it later).

Sadly again doesn't do it w/o contex
In Dr Strange Vol.1 by Cates, Void merges with Doctor Strange (another case of fusion-ism). He says he knows all his secrets and magics. And you can see that he still has it after Strange leaves him (look at his eyes for example, they are glowing with the same colour as Strange's when he was the God of Magic. And he didn't have those glowing eyes before absorbing his magic and memories properly - if you look at the final page of the previous issue). I mean it is a visual medium, so it doesn't need to be spelled out.

The second seems to be Surfer's doing?
It is.

Those 2 images don't really prove anything on their own.
Ah, damn, I linked the wrong scan, my b. I will fix that later today.

That's going to be a pain to look over, can you put a ✓ in front of things already accepted?

@MikeBro25 Not the first time someone makes a CRT, people points out not everything being correct and after that you come in and agree to everything in the very OP w/o explaining on what your disagreeing w/ the things pointed out as wrong or a bit off, which I can easily believe is because you don't care enough, and should that be the case, what's the point of being a background voice? Your loose take on a matter only conflict the ones that put more effort to it for no reason.

@Confluctor I'm having a bit of a lack of time to do the rest of the things that need to be done here, could you rewrite them in the OP in the format they would be in the profile?

@Confluctor I'm having a bit of a lack of time to do the rest of the things that need to be done here, could you rewrite them in the OP in the format they would be in the profile?
All done. I updated the original post and also added a few new stuff. Also there is a new proposal for a separate key for the Sentry - add a separate key for Jenkins and Cates story.

Okay. I will unlock the page for you to edit then.

I have unlocked the page. Tell me here when you are done.

It is done. I have applied the powers proposed here and a staff member has accepted them. It can be locked now.

Also, let me know if there is anything wrong on that page

Please remember to link the respect revision thread when you apply any change, I thought those were unauthorized additions and I was going to revert them.

Can somebody check if the formatting and grammar are acceptable in the edits?

I changed the sentences slightly to make it shorter. But I will remember the capitalisation next time

Thank you.

So should I lock the profile page and this thread then?

I suppose, yes. I was hoping someone would give their opinion regarding the separate key thing, but we can leave that aside for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back