• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

SCP: Chaoskampf and Creation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also seriously guys? I've gone through this entire thread and theres not one person against it whose argument doesnt boil down to 'disagree because its SCP so theres no way this is legit'.

I thought yall were better than this. Theres a time and a place to joke but an actual serious crt is not it.

Weekly, it's a tale made only and solely for power sake

like, it even ****** copied concepts from Monarch Lachiel's FC/OC stuff

Last edited:
Say what you will, but trying to say to me that SCP is consistent is like someone trying to convince me the sky's green. Bring all the evidence you want I've already seen for myself it's not the case.

As long as there's enough evidence to support it scaling to the rest of the SCP mythos, it should be added. Just because 'SCP bad' is some people's opinions doesn't mean this shouldn't be added if there's evidence to support it but currently I haven't seen any.

Following.
SCP has a rather strict policy regarding uploads, and only people who've applied and been accepted can upvote the posts.
I do not think discounting it just because it speaks mostly about power is a valid argument at all.

aka anybody with enough free time on hand

that's not nearly enough
And who exactly is the judge of good enough content? You?
No.
If we accept SCP as a verse, we accept their standards, not yours.

Yeah, that's not how it works. They either fit into our standards or they are not allowed on. This is our site and our standards, we have no obligation to meet their standards.

Oh, no. You people have exactly 0 idea how ridiculous the standards for SCP are for new people. And how do I know? Because I tried to make an article a few years back.

Let me elaborate to you the expectations put on new writers:
  • You have to explain everything that will happen in your page, because mystery is for fuckboys, in a manner that is both specific and succinct with a 400 word limit, otherwise people will literally just ignore you or delete parts of your post
  • You have to specifically reach out to multiple people to review your idea for you and give the greenlight for it to actually be written into a draft. These people also may or may not be a figment of your imagination
  • Said draft is held to standards that are literally higher than what most notable authors are held to, because people obviously have no faith in some new nobody
  • And even if you get through all that, you will have a lot of people who go list a ton of things they like with your article and then list one bad thing before either not voting or voting negative. Or even better, they vote negative because "this doesn't bring anything new to the table" despite the fact that the greenlight process specifically exists to prevent repeat ideas
If some random ****** manages to get through all of this, then frankly they could be doing a lot worse. These standards are literally higher than what Marvel and DC are held to these days.

Marvel and DC are not held to very high standards nowadays....

Honestly I'm pretty sure the cosmology would support this but like nobody would scale, not even 343 himself

You have to specifically reach out to multiple people to review your idea for you and give the greenlight for it to actually be written into a draft. These people also may or may not be a figment of your imagination

You good dude?

Sounds more viable for the cliques already there to actually get stuff written.

Either way, if it's really the standard used already, then it should probably be applied. I think the issue people have is with SCP itself as a concept on the wiki, which I totally get.

343 as a whole is going to be going through a massive overhaul here, it's unlikely that he would scalr

I said "I'm pretty sure 343 has some big anti-feats to this" not "343 most definitely has some big anti-feats to this"

There's a difference. That implies I am not knowledgeable enough/care enough to search through every article 343 has ever appeared in to bring scans.

• You have to explain everything that will happen in your page, because mystery is for fuckboys, in a manner that is both specific and succinct with a 400 word limit, otherwise people will literally just ignore you or delete parts of your post
Really? Because a lot of articles are [REDACTED] [EXPUNGED] "I'm too lazy to write something cool so use your imagination" stuff

Really? Because a lot of articles are [REDACTED] [EXPUNGED] "I'm too lazy to write something cool so use your imagination" stuff
Oh yes, that is the case, and that doesn't stop anything I said from happening against all common sense and logic.

Yeah, that's not how it works. They either fit into our standards or they are not allowed on. This is our site and our standards, we have no obligation to meet their standards.
You are correct, and since it's on our wiki and rather popular clearly it does fit into our standards.
I meant in regarding whether it's considered SCP canon, naturally we would follow the site's own guidelines (unless we had a really good reason not to, which I don't see here.)

We literally have an entire set of rules and guidelines explaining why and how SCP fits into our standards

Say what you will, but trying to say to me that SCP is consistent is like someone trying to convince me the sky's green. Bring all the evidence you want I've already seen for myself it's not the case.
Then im sorry but youve seen basically nothing given that theres entire cosmology blogs detailing th cosmological structure of the verse and its consistency throughout the narrative

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back