• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

SCP-058 Revisions

Dargoo_Faust

Blue Doggo Enthusiast
VS Battles
Retired
Hello yes it is me, vaporization bad, etc etc

SCP-058 page wanked/bad, missing stuff, whatever

Current justifications and why they're wrong
  • "It had destroyed dozens of buildings in a town when the Foundation first encountered it, stated to have leveled the small town over time"
yeah ok

Initially SCP-058 attacked Site ██, which resulted in the death of ██ faculty and ██ Agents. SCP-058 went on to attack the nearby town of ███████████, resulting in the death of over [REDACTED] citizens and the destruction of seventy percent (70%) of the surrounding buildings.

Post-Breach analysis determined a majority of the deaths are attributable to fire and fire-related injuries, resulting from a wide spread of "stinger fluid" by SCP-058 from a large structure. This is also blamed for a majority of structural damage. █████████ by SCP-058 accounts for only 8% of total deaths, with major evidence [DATA EXPUNGED]

Notice no timeframe, notice how it accomplished most of this damage through spreading around flammable stinger juice

We have no idea how much damage SCP-058 does in a single attack based on this feat, no clue how it's applicable to basically anything.
  • Capable of destroying its containment cell which has walls made out of 3 meters of reinforced heat-resistant steel, backed with a further 10 m of reinforced concrete.
yeah ok

"I was once assigned to SCP-058," Karlyle said. "Back then, it would rage throughout the day and the walls of the containment cage would bend until they would buckle and break, and new walls would be erected. There was talk of a possible breach, that they could not keep up with the beast indefinitely. There was discussion of terminating it. I was asked to intervene because of work I had done elsewhere. In this instance, I took a direct approach to the creature; what best can sedate it, one who only functions to eviscerate all that it can perceive?"

it does this by bashing its containment chamber over the course of a ~ day, that's not 8-C. If the critique is that this isn't part of it's article canon neither is it breaching containment in a short enough time for me to care about it as a feat

• Easily capable of dismembering and mutilating Cows.

funny enough we don't actually see what it does to the cows

• Corrosive stinger fluid
The fluid is flammable, not corrosive.
  • Subsonic combat speed (Its tentacles can be whipped at 89 m/s)
Combat speed implies reaction speed, SCP-058 never reacts to anything moving 89 m/s.
  • Lifting Strength: Unknown
If we include tales/canons it can lift and throw half a car.
  • Durability: At least Building level(Survived a building collapsing on top of it and being crushed by a tank)
Do I really need to even make an argument here for this not being 8-C?

New tier?

9-B probably, whatever "gores people with hits" and "destroys a 1.35 meter machine made of metal" falls under

wrecked SCP-244-ARC and SCP-1233 couldn't harm it extended canon
I’m not too sure what 244-ARC’s exact durability feats are other than being mostly composed of 143, which is supposed to be harder than any mundane metal, but if it has anything significant it probably scales.

As for 1233 though I’m actually kind of curious which tale this was. Could you link it? (Edit: oh, I know what you’re talking about. But I don’t think it ever took any direct punches from the moon champ, it was kind of just sandwitched between his legs while he messed around)

I mean telekill is also a super metal and It also arguably scales to SCP-239's dragon. I'll get to moon Champion feats in a moment.
not really, it's just really good vs. reality warpers like 239.

SCP-148 has a density of 6.20 g/cm3 6.76 g/cm3 and qualifies as HRC 39 in a Rockwell hardness test.

HRC 39 is below Titanium, which is HRC 41.

I'll get to moon Champion feats in a moment.
Considering how hard the Moon Champ strikes at his best I'm not really sure if any meaningful interactions with the two is not a massive outlier. The only things I clipped from those tales was it throwing the car (already linked above) and The Moon Champ bursting through a tank while "riding" it.

To be fair, HRC isn't an exact measure of durability, just hardness. While hardness does help in durability, let's not forget that glass is >50 HRC.

In any case, fully agree with this.

not really, it's just really good vs. reality warpers like 239.
The thing couldn't harm the dragon with anything but a sword because fairytale beliefs and it is only made of a bit of telekill and the sword wasn't telekill.

And here are the quotes.

"There were still ten gearrenders left when the tank finally exploded, flanked by dozens of church and Insurgency soldiers. Adams pointed her cannons at them, and was about to open fire when a thrashing tentacle-beast descended from the sky on a pillar of flame.

"Loathsome antipodal grace bemoans the stolid stanchions of the rancid metal breath of suns extinguished, in ignorance and primal awe." The massive bovine heart and its whooping white-clad rider crashed through the first gearrender like a miniature meteorite; they burst out of the smoking bio-mechanical wreckage, and the heart's feelers began strangling and slicing at the horrified, retreating soldiers."

"They watched in breathless silence as Moon Champion swooped down, cardiovascular steed writhing between his clenched thighs, and snatched the bolting demon from the ground. Both monsters thrashed and kicked and tore at each other as they broke the sound barrier again.

"It has been an honour, a pleasure, a scholar and a gentleman." Moon Champion's voice was so loud, the speakers crackled. "You, sir, are a steely-eyed missile Dan, and I salute you."

Dan almost cried.

The radio crackled again. "Now, why don't I fix your little problem and LIGHT THIS CANDLE?"

Dan did cry."

""Ascend," Sauelsuesor sang in Moon Champion's heart. "I'm here."

"My lady!"

"My champion," she smiled. He could feel it. The smiling.

He released his thighs and kicked, and the already thoroughly-flattened cow-heart-spider tumbled down into the sky, still gibbering inanely to itself.

The grey beast clawed at his face/mask, it screeched and wailed and tore blindly at him. He gunned the jetpack harder, and hugged it close.

"Honey!" He was almost screaming, as the atmosphere broke around them in liquid flame. "I'm coming home, and I brought dinner!""

I agree with these changes, it's very clear that it's not destroying buildings with its physical strength.

ok. I'll apply this.

I'll add an extended canon key for the other major feats.

The Moon Champion kick is definitely an outlier if we're to consider serious scaling, however in all likelihood it was just a casual feat like most of the things he does, especially considering the kick didn't send 058 out of orbit.

He kicked it towards the ground and we are talking article canon SCP-1233
This is a tale including 1233 written by someone other than the author of it, not a test log in 1233's article itself, likewise for 058. It's extended canon as the site defines it.

Even then 1233 with article canon only hits things really hard (as hard as he's tiered at least) by ramming into them at Mach big number; him kicking his mount towards the earth isn't him ramming into 058 at top speed.

It is very clear that the old foes series doesn't consider that canon you have to prove the positive here.

That is not what has been accepted, KE isn't okay to use like that and he never does that.

Also I believe scp-096 was implied to try attacking scp-058

And I believe SCP-3301 included SCP-058's ingame stats and given the game's nature we could try scaling to non divine beings

The prodigal son returns.

I'm in agreement with this.

Back