• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Scott Pilgrim is fighting a High Schooler!? (Scott vs Connie Maheswaran)

NEED MORE INFO: What key are we using for Scott? Does he have the Power of Love or Power of Understanding while we still assume him to only be 9-B? Personally I think the only way to balance this fight properly would be to give him at least the Power of Love or Power of Understanding swords, due to the disadvantage he has which I explain below. Bottom line is that before we can debate this one properly, we definitely need to know which Key and Equipment he has.

Connie does have **one big advantage** here no matter what weapons (and yes that includes P.O.L. or P.O.U.) Scott has: Her sword is definitely waaay more durable (it has freaking Island-Level durability) than any of Scott's weapons (which only have wall-level dura), so if he doesn't keep her away with ranged attacks she will definitely be able to break his swords using her own if she keeps hitting them repeatedly.

Now if Scott does have the P.O.L. and/or P.O.U., then he gets the advantage of ranged energy attacks along with already having ranged sound-manipulation using his base. In that case both opponents will have at least one major advantage against the other, making this a balanced fight.

Edit: Also as the guy above asked, what is the AP difference here?

Edit of Edit: It looks like we really don't have any actual calcs, just images, to support wall-level scaling in Scott Pilgrim.

WeeklyBattles said:
Connie is 3423483 joules
Scott has no calc so he is assumed baseline, 15000 joules

So uh
Well if WeeklyBattles of all people is saying this, then I'm going to take his word for it, and to this I now say: Oh goodness gracious, then it really doesn't matter if Scott has stats-boosts (because they certainly aren't enough to boost him by a factor of over 100 so he can hurt Connie) and ranged energy-attacks with the Power of Understanding, Connie should still crush him. Especially considering that her sword has 6-C dura and thus she can snap his Power of Understanding sword in half like a twig with just a single swing.

I vote Connie FRA. But at the same time I feel this whole thing is just unfair and the thread should be closed, here is my reasoning:

I feel this is very unfair to Scott. Maybe we should close this and consider it a stomp because it is truly unfair that Scott doesn't have calcs while Connie does? I mean, I've read the Scott Vs comic, and I highly doubt that he is actually just **baseline** wall-level, we are just literally forced to assume that since he has no calcs. What I'm saying is, **some of the calc-group members really need to get on that already and do some calcs for Scott Vs AP and Dura feats with both the 9-B key and the potential 9-A key**, because I highly suspect he is in actuality far above baseline and should stand a good chance against Connie. At the end of the day, this thread is just massively unfair to Scott, and without any calcs for him it just feels like a stomp/spite thread and should probably be closed.

Your thoughts, @WeeklyBattles?

Honestly i feel like someone should calc the feats from scott pilgrim, pretty sure roxie cutting a streetcar in half would yield something nice

WeeklyBattles said:
Honestly i feel like someone should calc the feats from scott pilgrim, pretty sure roxie cutting a streetcar in half would yield something nice
Yeah okay I'm glad you agree! There are definitely some very clearly portrayed feats in that series which shouldn't be too difficult for experienced calc-group members to get some definitive numbers from. Until then, I feel like ANY matches with Scott Pilgrim characters really just aren't fair, since whether we put them as 9-B or 9-A, we will literally always have to assume they are just baseline, and thus they will almost always get stomped.

So what do you think about possibly closing this, since as things stand without any calcs for Scott it just feels like a spite-thread (even if that wasn't the intention)? As things stand now, it is just silly to put him up against someone with over 200 times his stats and wielding an Island-Dura blade.

Didnt Scott also survive getting thrown through a brick wall? That can be calced too

I cant close threads unfortunately

WeeklyBattles said:
Didnt Scott also survive getting thrown through a brick wall? That can be calced too
I cant close threads unfortunately
Ah okay, then maybe you will have to ask somebody else (maybe Ant?) once you have the time, what they think about this thread? I mean as of now, if we are forced to assume that Scott is over 200 times weaker than Connie, it really does feel like a spite-thread against him, especially since she has a 6-C dura sword which is far superior to any of his weapons' dura.

And yeah, getting thrown through that brick wall seems like a pretty straightforward durability calc that one of the calc-members could do (although I will say from the looks of it that it appears at a glance to be much closer to baseline than Roxie's streetcar feat). There are honestly tons of other pretty straightforwardly-depicted feats in the comic besides just those two you mentioned. Like when Matthew Patel completely no-sold crashing HARD (at what seemed to be terminal-velocity) through a warehouse roof.

WeeklyBattles said:
Hr sword isnt 6-C in AP, only in durability
I'm fully aware. What I meant was that if her AP is 200 times higher than Scott's, and since we can't assume his weapons are any more durable than his own AP and dura, then her using a 6-C dura sword to hit his weapons with over 200 times the force they can withstand will literally shatter them. So whether he busts out the Power of Love or Power of Understanding, it won't matter, if we are assuming her AP is over 200 times his AP and dura then that means she will snap those swords in half like twigs with a single attack.

Also here's another great dura-feat for Scott that I'm sure someone can calc if they can figure out the scaling, and it LOOKS at a glance like it might yield either a very high-end 9-B or a 9-A result: Scott gets thrown REALLY HARD into a building

Back