• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Schizo games protags duke it out (Morgan Yu vs Commander Rimanah)

I was gonna make this thread months ago, whoops.
7s1zbm.png

you could have just called this "sci-fi im-sim protagonists duke it out", yknow

Oh well, I guess I'll start the discussion. Is Rimanah's Madness Manip Type 2? Because if I recall correctly, that's the mind one which should help if it's layered.

Also, thought based haxes that he'll use from the get-go?

Oh well, I guess I'll start the discussion. Is Rimanah's Madness Manip Type 2? Because if I recall correctly, that's the mind one which should help if it's layered.
Yes. It's not properly layered but it is capable of overcoming baseline resistances. That said it's only temporary.
Also, thought based haxes that he'll use from the get-go?
No real in-character moves. He will probably sooner than later resort to them, but quite frankly given that Morgan is 9-B just shooting them will be just as effective.

Yeah, I've played Prey. Both of them, actually, but I digress. I remember the game alright but not every detail so I might need reminders. As for Rimanah, I made the page, so yea

Last edited:
Yeah, I've played Prey. Both of them, actually, but I digress. I remember the game alright but not every detail so I might need reminders. As for Rimanah, I made the page, so yea
Alright I guess I should continue the discussion as best as I can
just shooting them will be just as effective.
Rimanah's guns act as normal guns, right? As in you need to aim and pull the trigger? Because I could've sworn Morgan's psionics are thought-activated.

And what's the AoE?

They're guns yea. As for thought-based that much is true but only an amount of Morgan's arsenal will actually be effective while Rimanah is essentially guaranteed to kill with whatever he does. WYM by AOE?

WYM by AOE?
Essentially do the attacks themselves have more reach than their trajectory (Like shooting giant bullets or the bullets exploding) since I think aim dodging can help with that
As for thought-based that much is true but only an amount of Morgan's arsenal will actually be effective while Rimanah is essentially guaranteed to kill with whatever he does.
I actually asked that first question as one of those arsenal is Mindjack which if I recall correctly is where the layers come from. Is Rimanah's resistance comparable to his mindhax?

Essentially do the attacks themselves have more reach than their trajectory (Like shooting giant bullets or the bullets exploding) since I think aim dodging can help with that
I just wouldn't assume them to be capable of reliably aimdodging fire from someone like Rimanah who's probably more skilled, has several mechanisms aiding targeting and more guns than you can shake a stick at
I actually asked that first question as one of those arsenal is Mindjack which if I recall correctly is where the layers come from. Is Rimanah's resistance comparable to his mindhax?
No, the Gate techniques, including Hypnotic Gate, are in-verse unblockable. It is comparable to Madness though so basically vaguely above baseline.

I just wouldn't assume them to be capable of reliably aimdodging fire from someone like Rimanah who's probably more skilled, has several mechanisms aiding targeting and more guns than you can shake a stick at
Ah, outskills. Yeah, I can see that I guess
No, the Gate techniques, including Hypnotic Gate, are in-verse unblockable. It is comparable to Madness though so basically vaguely above baseline.
Now that's a problem, I recall Morgan more often than not starts with Mindjack, right?

I don't think so? To my knowledge we don't really know anything about their personality. I mean we don't even play as the real Morgan Yu

I don't think so? To my knowledge we don't really know anything about their personality. I mean we don't even play as the real Morgan Yu
Huh, that seemed like a thing that comes up very often

Well I guess in that case, Rimanah should be more likely to kill Morgan first and in which case, I'll vote him for now

I never knew we had a Domasi profile until now. I was thinking about creating a page for him when I played through Prey (2006) again.

As for this thread, what exactly are Rimanah's wincons? I can provide some for Morgan after I get a clearer view of what I'm working with.

Shooting the guy, for starters, or obliterating him with any direct AP technique
Temporarily incapping him with Madness (somewhat above baseline layer-wise), then doing the above
Telefragging him with Dragon's Breath
Putting him in a coma with Hypnotic Gate (above baseline layer-wise)

Being capable of resurrecting if killed helps a lot on the defensive side

Shooting the guy, for starters, or obliterating him with any direct AP technique
Assuming this is true, since I have no idea what level of 9-A Rimanah scales to, LAST CHANCE COREV1 would prevent the immediate death of Morgan since similar damage is incapable of killing Morgan instantly; it should allow him to active Backlash to protect him from Rimanah's physical attacks until he can get off Mindjack or Psychoshock.

Temporarily incapping him with Madness (somewhat above baseline layer-wise), then doing the above
How exactly is Madness activated, and what type of Madness Manipulation is it? Depending on if it's Type 2 or not, Morgan could defend against it given his above average resistance to Mind Manipulation. If it's also done by something that can be equalized with Psionics, he could also reflect back the effect with PSI REFLECT (*) REV609-1.

Telefragging him with Dragon's Breath
I guess Morgan can either activate his ability before Rimanah uses this ability, or one of his Chipsets could activate and reflect the PSI ability back onto him. Morgan doesn't really have a conventional way against this, so I would say it's a valid wincon for sure.

Putting him in a coma with Hypnotic Gate (above baseline layer-wise)
Morgan could negate this with Mindjack I do believe, given Mindjack is above baseline layered as well, alongside it being capable of nullifying the visual-based illusory, and mental stuff that Mindjack does to the target.

Being capable of resurrecting if killed helps a lot on the defensive side
Would this Resurrection activate if his body is completely vaporized or macro-quantumly deconstructed?

Assuming this is true, since I have no idea what level of 9-A Rimanah scales to, LAST CHANCE COREV1 would prevent the immediate death of Morgan since similar damage is incapable of killing Morgan instantly; it should allow him to active Backlash to protect him from Rimanah's physical attacks until he can get off Mindjack or Psychoshock.
Morgan can only have a few chips equipped at once, so the likelyhood of having that equipped is low. Not only that but I feel it is somewhat bound to game mechanics, I wouldn't assume it to protect against wide-scale destruction of the body which Rimanah can absolutely do. There's also automatic weapons not really being a single attack but a rapid-fire version of them. Similarly Morgan's shields have no feats that imply them being capable of blocking 9-A attacks.

If we're equalizing mind manipulation to madness manipulation Rimanah has a baseline resistance stat that can be improved to resist stronger and stronger attacks, his own psi force granting additional protection, upgrades that grant even further protection, and then an upgrade on top of that that renders him completely immune to madness attacks no matter how strong, within the framework of the game of course.
How exactly is Madness activated, and what type of Madness Manipulation is it? Depending on if it's Type 2 or not, Morgan could defend against it given his above average resistance to Mind Manipulation. If it's also done by something that can be equalized with Psionics, he could also reflect back the effect with PSI REFLECT (*) REV609-1.
Thought-based, type 2, can affect people with resistance. You could equalize with psionics but Rimanah is immune it, can cure from it, and again odds of having a specific chip equipped is something I wouldn't rely on.
I guess Morgan can either activate his ability before Rimanah uses this ability, or one of his Chipsets could activate and reflect the PSI ability back onto him. Morgan doesn't really have a conventional way against this, so I would say it's a valid wincon for sure.
Rimanah's brain is enhanced to have greater processing speed, automating a lot of things in combat, so if the fight boils down to "who does their hax first" he'd act first.
Morgan could negate this with Mindjack I do believe, given Mindjack is above baseline layered as well, alongside it being capable of nullifying the visual-based illusory, and mental stuff that Mindjack does to the target.
How exactly does it work? I don't believe it matters because it's like, baseline mindhax, a resistance stat that stops it, and the gate is just entirely beyond it, but I remember it being an ability Morgan needs to activate, which is not going to be viable once he's a vegetable.
Would this Resurrection activate if his body is completely vaporized or macro-quantumly deconstructed?
It reboots the timeline, so yes.

It reboots the timeline, so yes.
I was going to address everything, but I realized that if this is how Rimanah's Resurrection works, I don't see Morgan being capable of incapacitating Rimanah long enough to win. None of his abilities actually last 24 hours. Does this Resurrection exhaust at some point or is it practically unlimited in its usages?

It's infinite, he's stuck in the buddhist cycle of suffering or whatever.

Yeah, I don't see how Morgan can incapacitate Rimanah long enough to win. I could think of an argument, but I don't feel like going down that tree when it might not even matter given Rimanah's resistances.

Rimanah just continually regenerates and eventually kills Morgan. I would call this thread a stomp since Morgan's possible wincons are arguably negated by Rimanah's resurrection and resistances.

Back