• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Morgan Yu Profile Creation (Prey 2017)

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Lancero_2222/Bleach_Profile_Revisions_(Fullbringer) (Ignore the name of the blog)

Finally completed Morgan Yu's profile after a couple days of working on it, everything is up to standard for the site, has scans and references for most abilities, resistances and stats scaling, even weaknesses have scans and references as well.

Base abilities, resistances and chipsets don't have scans on them but do have references to where the scans for said abilities, resistances and chipsets are from.

That's pretty much it for the needed explanations, everything else is already explained on the profiles with scans so i don't believe i need to explain them here.

So let's get onto the debating/voting part of this thread now.

Agree -

Disagree -

Neutral -

You don't need to create a thread to add a profile on the site

But well, the profile is good, really good Even though the references are killing me. However, the 9-A rating doesn't sounds right at all. I would put it in 9-B to be safe until some calculation appears

🗿

I didn't know you didn't need a CRT to make a profile, i did the samething with Daemon's profile and no one told me this.

Yeah CRTs for profile creation have never been required unless said profile is tier 1 lel.

I'd rather have mods go over everything first before creating the profile imo, it'll cause less trouble in the future if they have somesort of a disagreement that can be addressed currently rather then a couple months down the line.

But i'll definitely keep in mind that profile creations don't require CRT's unless they're Tier 1.

You do you lil G.

Question tho: How do we translate Health Points into like, the actual regeneration of wounds? Because in the Psionic tabber it says Morgan can regenerate 25 health points but I have no idea how that translates into restoring wounds/regeneration levels.

Question tho: How do we translate Health Points into like, the actual regeneration of wounds? Because in the Psionic tabber it says Morgan can regenerate 25 health points but I have no idea how that translates into restoring wounds/regeneration levels.
I don't know either, which is why i didn't specify the level of regeneration.

If i'd have to assume it'll probably extend to things like regenerating bullet holes since it allows Morgan to regenerate his health after he's been shot by turrets, which would be around Low/Low-Mid i believe.

If he can regenerate from bullet wounds and shit it'd depend on where and how many times he was shot I guess, but that's probably a really specific thing for a video game character

If he can regenerate from bullet wounds and shit it'd depend on where and how many times he was shot I guess, but that's probably a really specific thing for a video game character
Extremely specific.

I couldn't find a video which shows this so idk what to do with that ability, i'm thinking about just removing his Regeneration entirely and adding the ability to his Healing.

Agree with Azontr regarding the regeneration stuffs, also the profile looks good enough but I think you will need calculations for both AP and speed as the rule on the Attack Potency page clearly states
Tiers between 9-B and 3-B, even those which do correspond with their namesakes, should not be assigned unless there are accepted calculations, multipliers, and/or reliably stated precise Joule values that correspond with those ratings, as many verses can have their own context result in these feats being above or below their namesakes.
And I agree with the others, you don't need a thread to create a profile unless it is tier 1, you can do it if you want general input tho.

I've downgraded Morgan's tier to 9-B until i get somethings calc'd.

but I think you will need calculations for both AP and speed
Nothing regarding Morgan's speed needs to be calc'd since the values are already on the wiki itself/ it's self evident.

Morgan's Athletic Human speed comes from the fact he's an naturally athletic person whose speed has been increased by Neuromods.

Morgan's Supersonic with Phantom Shift comes from the fact he scales to regular phantoms which can dodge semi point blank shots from a shotgun which moves at Supersonic speeds.

Morgan's Massively Hypersonic and SOL comes from the fact his Stun Gun shoots a bold of electricity, which inherently moves at MHS level speeds and his Laser weapon shoots a constant beam of Quasiparticles which inherently moves at the speed of light.

And I agree with the others, you don't need a thread to create a profile unless it is tier 1, you can do it if you want general input tho.
Aight.

Since this has been reviewed by a moderator i'll create his profile shortly.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Lancero_2222/Bleach_Profile_Revisions_(Fullbringer) (Ignore the name of the blog)

Finally completed Morgan Yu's profile after a couple days of working on it, everything is up to standard for the site, has scans and references for most abilities, resistances and stats scaling, even weaknesses have scans and references as well.

Base abilities, resistances and chipsets don't have scans on them but do have references to where the scans for said abilities, resistances and chipsets are from.

That's pretty much it for the needed explanations, everything else is already explained on the profiles with scans so i don't believe i need to explain them here.

So let's get onto the debating/voting part of this thread now.

Agree -

Disagree -

Neutral -
Bruh I was in the middle of making a profile for him and you placed a far superior version 😭

Some minor weird stuff, but I think it overall looks good

Very good work overall, do you mind if I give a couple of nitpicks, though like I did for the bioshock crt lol?

Bruh I was in the middle of making a profile for him and you placed a far superior version 😭

Some minor weird stuff, but I think it overall looks good
L.

Thanks.

Very good work overall, do you mind if I give a couple of nitpicks, though like I did for the bioshock crt lol?
Sure, idc.

I'll respond to the BioShock stuff later, currently playing BioShock 2 rn.

Honestly I feel we can at least calc the phantoms ripping apart the steel doors. That'll give us a good AP value. As well as maybe a GPE calc for the Nightmare as well.

I also think that we should list "higher with Neuromod upgrades" for Morgan, given that some Neuromods capabilities can straight up one shot enemies around the level of Morgan. That and Neuromods explicitly enhance his normal capabilities.

Morgan should also get Superhuman flight speed and reactions + combat speed given the Artax Propulsion System can move up to 16 m/s at its peak, and Morgan can manuever it through tight obstacles.

Bodily Weaponry is weird, like has Morgan ever used teeth in a combat scenario? I don't recall so.

Also for better formatting, I prefer if we seperate the human neuromods abilities from the Typhon neuromods abilities and placing them in their own tabbers

Oh yeah, no problem, take your time.
  • Anyhow, same aesthetic/references stuff I mentioned there, not too big of a deal at all but yknow
  • Bodily Weaponry I don't think we list if it's just generic human stuff
  • I'm not sure about Morgan physically scaling to Nightmares, most of your arsenal is just normal guns, I think some voice log in the game even mentions them being ones with low penetration on purpose, so they don't cause breaches (and the survivors in the cargo hold complain about how shitty and weak the handguns are, which might even extend to shotguns), Morgan may scale in physicals, though, given you can amp your physical strength in many ways. Maybe I could calc Kinetic Blast, that should give decent AP.
  • You should probably list attack speed for the guns, I think the pistols would be subsonic given they're silenced and the shotgun would probably fall into Transonic. Electricity is only MHS for lightning and lightning-level stuff, however it should easily be Supersonic
  • GLOO is probably just physically immobilizing stuff, which isn't Paralysis Inducement
  • I don't think Critical Hits count as probability manip without further elaboration tbh, they're probably just landing a particularly good strike every once in a while
Rest is all good, again good work, this must have taken a hell of a lot of time

🗿
So I am blind.

Besides what Chomp said, I have a few minor issues regarding some stuff on the profile.
  • Firearms (as in, the ability, not his actual guns) and some of the chips that increase damage should go to the Statistics Amplification part of his profile, because it doesn't fit the criteria for Damage Boost from what I see
  • Why does he have Statistics Amplification with Phantom Shift?
  • Turning corpses into phantoms is Transmutation rather than Transformation
  • Backlash is just Forcefield Creation

Everything else is good, excluding the minor spelling mistakes here and there. Prey is a good schizo game please play/10

Fr, easily one of my favorite shooters of all time and its so overlooked 😭
Prey is just a cursed ******* IP man, Prey 2006 had a sequel basically fully completed and ready for release and Bethesda just screwed it over, then basically forced the Prey 2017 game devs to title their game Prey and then screwed over that game too by iirc preventing reviewers from playing it before launch and releasing the DLC at worst possible moment

TLDR **** Bethesda

Prey is just a cursed ******* IP man, Prey 2006 had a sequel basically fully completed and ready for release and Bethesda just screwed it over, then basically forced the Prey 2017 game devs to title their game Prey and then screwed over that game too by iirc preventing reviewers from playing it before launch and releasing the DLC at worst possible moment

TLDR **** Bethesda
Eyo what 😭 💀

There's an insane story behind Prey, the 2006 game took 11 years to make

It's a really good game, despite all odds. It's also abandonware so uh, good luck getting it legally.

• Anyhow, same aesthetic/references stuff I mentioned there, not too big of a deal at all but yknow
  • Bodily Weaponry I don't think we list if it's just generic human stuff
  • I'm not sure about Morgan physically scaling to Nightmares, most of your arsenal is just normal guns, I think some voice log in the game even mentions them being ones with low penetration on purpose, so they don't cause breaches (and the survivors in the cargo hold complain about how shitty and weak the handguns are, which might even extend to shotguns), Morgan may scale in physicals, though, given you can amp your physical strength in many ways. Maybe I could calc Kinetic Blast, that should give decent AP.
  • You should probably list attack speed for the guns, I think the pistols would be subsonic given they're silenced and the shotgun would probably fall into Transonic. Electricity is only MHS for lightning and lightning-level stuff, however it should easily be Supersonic
  • GLOO is probably just physically immobilizing stuff, which isn't Paralysis Inducement
  • I don't think Critical Hits count as probability manip without further elaboration tbh, they're probably just landing a particularly good strike every once in a while
I'll address and get this stuff over with first before i deal with the BioShock related thread.

• Honestly i like the overabundance of references just based purely off of aesthetic reasons, to me it makes the page look better when you used more references and since there isn't really a restriction on the amount of references you can use i'm not going to change it. But i do acknowledge your opinion, i just humbly disagree with it.
  • The page doesn't state or even imply that we can't give normal humans Bodily Weaponry for having teeth, hell having teeth is acknowledged as being apart of the conventional aspect of Bodily Weaponry. And Morgan Yu has teeth so he would fall under that ability tbh.
  • The reasoning behind Morgan scaling is the fact that he can damage and kill Nightmares with most of his weaponry, with said Nightmares being able to tank attacks from things like Phantoms, Telepaths, Technopaths etc. Which are all at least 9-B in terms of AP since they all scale to or above base Phantoms which can rip through steel doors and shit. So Morgan's weaponry being mostly just "normal guns" isn't necessarily true in the context of AP scaling given this knowledge. Also i personally don't remember any voice log stating such a thing so i don't think that point helps you in this case tbh. If you could calc the Kinetic Blast of Morgan then i'll be extremely grateful, you could also calc the throwing force of Morgan since the dude got some pretty good throwing feats.
  • I don't personally believe we should list those since they're kinda self-evident but if more people believe we should then i wouldn't be opposed to adding that to the profile. Ahh ok i'll change that up here in a little bit, didn't know that.
  • Paralysis Inducement is the action of "preventing one's opponent from coordinating their movements or stopping their movements completely" which is what the GLOO's adhesive effect does, that's 100% Paralysis Inducement.
  • Given the explanation we're given on the Probability Manipulation page increasing the critical hit change would fall under this since the Chipsets is increasing the odds of said critical hit happens, which would be apart of the "making things more likely" aspect of Probability Manipulation. It would also require more assumptions to say that it's probably just Morgan landing a particularly good shot or strike on someone when this is never stated or implied anywhere. I'm just going off what's stated to us while you're doing the same but asserting an explanation that isn't stated or even implied in-game.
@Shmooply I'll address you concerns later.

Honestly I feel we can at least calc the phantoms ripping apart the steel doors. That'll give us a good AP value. As well as maybe a GPE calc for the Nightmare as well.

I also think that we should list "higher with Neuromod upgrades" for Morgan, given that some Neuromods capabilities can straight up one shot enemies around the level of Morgan. That and Neuromods explicitly enhance his normal capabilities.

Morgan should also get Superhuman flight speed and reactions + combat speed given the Artax Propulsion System can move up to 16 m/s at its peak, and Morgan can manuever it through tight obstacles.

Bodily Weaponry is weird, like has Morgan ever used teeth in a combat scenario? I don't recall so.

Also for better formatting, I prefer if we seperate the human neuromods abilities from the Typhon neuromods abilities and placing them in their own tabbers
Bumping this?

Paralysis Inducement is the action of "preventing one's opponent from coordinating their movements or stopping their movements completely" which is what the GLOO's adhesive effect does, that's 100% Paralysis Inducement.
Yeah, PI is fine to keep.

The page doesn't state or even imply that we can't give normal humans Bodily Weaponry for having teeth, hell having teeth is acknowledged as being apart of the conventional aspect of Bodily Weaponry. And Morgan Yu has teeth so he would fall under that ability tbh.
I mean, that would mean every human character on the wiki would get that. Plus I don't think we should list unless Morgan actually uses his teeth for combat

I don't personally believe we should list those since they're kinda self-evident but if more people believe we should then i wouldn't be opposed to adding that to the profile. Ahh ok i'll change that up here in a little bit, didn't know that.
I definitely think we should

Bumping this?
I'll address your stuff in my adressement of Shmooply's stuff.

Will make it easier for me.

I mean, that would mean every human character on the wiki would get that. Plus I don't think we should list unless Morgan actually uses his teeth for combat
So? not really a counter to Morgan having it. And Morgan not using his teeth for fighting doesn't mean he wouldn't have Bodily Weaponry, he still has teeth and having teeth is apart of the conventional aspect of Bodily Weaponry.

I definitely think we should
Aight.

I'll wait for the others to give their opinions on this before changing anything on the profile.

Honestly i like the overabundance of references just based purely off of aesthetic reasons, to me it makes the page look better when you used more references and since there isn't really a restriction on the amount of references you can use i'm not going to change it. But i do acknowledge your opinion, i just humbly disagree with it.
eeh, I really don't think it should be done but it's not a big deal ig. You still have to unbold stuff like commas and "limited" between P&A though, only the links should be bolded.
The page doesn't state or even imply that we can't give normal humans Bodily Weaponry for having teeth, hell having teeth is acknowledged as being apart of the conventional aspect of Bodily Weaponry. And Morgan Yu has teeth so he would fall under that ability tbh.
It's obvious dude, literally every human profile on the wiki would have it otherwise. Human teeth aren't even built to give us a dangerous bite, actually they're about as useless as it gets, even more herbivores have better bites.
The reasoning behind Morgan scaling is the fact that he can damage and kill Nightmares with most of his weaponry, with said Nightmares being able to tank attacks from things like Phantoms, Telepaths, Technopaths etc. Which are all at least 9-B in terms of AP since they all scale to or above base Phantoms which can rip through steel doors and shit. So Morgan's weaponry being mostly just "normal guns" isn't necessarily true in the context of AP scaling given this knowledge. Also i personally don't remember any voice log stating such a thing so i don't think that point helps you in this case tbh. If you could calc the Kinetic Blast of Morgan then i'll be extremely grateful, you could also calc the throwing force of Morgan since the dude got some pretty good throwing feats.
Throwing force would be rough since I'd need to find the heaviest object in the game. I can do a calculation for KB but it wouldn't scale ot guns, I already linked a log of characters complaining about their guns being very weak, I don't have a clip on hand but Cargo Bay survivors say that the pistol is useless as some of their random lines too.
Paralysis Inducement is the action of "preventing one's opponent from coordinating their movements or stopping their movements completely" which is what the GLOO's adhesive effect does, that's 100% Paralysis Inducement.
No, it's literally just immobilizing them with sheer adhesivity, by this same logic restraining someone with LS is "Paralysis Inducement". It doesn't deprive them from moving at all, it just prevents those movements from happening.
Given the explanation we're given on the Probability Manipulation page increasing the critical hit change would fall under this since the Chipsets is increasing the odds of said critical hit happens, which would be apart of the "making things more likely" aspect of Probability Manipulation. It would also require more assumptions to say that it's probably just Morgan landing a particularly good shot or strike on someone when this is never stated or implied anywhere. I'm just going off what's stated to us while you're doing the same but asserting an explanation that isn't stated or even implied in-game.
You're also asserting an explanation that's not ever implied, one that goes with far more outlandish assumptions, not to mention that random chipsets being capable of warping probability like that makes no sense in the setting. It's way safer to assume they're just landing better shots every once in a while, which is something that actually happens in real life, rather than just gaining an abstract boost in damage for absolutely no reason.

Last edited:
Could just be to facilitate the player's aim tbh, but given there's a psionic ability that does that already you can list it as possibly or whatever

So? not really a counter to Morgan having it. And Morgan not using his teeth for fighting doesn't mean he wouldn't have Bodily Weaponry, he still has teeth and having teeth is apart of the conventional aspect of Bodily Weaponry.
Yes it is a counter, unless you also want to start giving literally every human being on the site Resistance to Disease Manipulation because we can survive most diseases, Resistance to Fire, Heat and Cold Manipulation because we don't die instantly when exposed to extreme temperatures, and Weapon Mastery because we can utilize weapons unlike most animals. P&A is equalized to human standards, it's an unspoken rule.

I've been asked to address this as the one who wrote the page, so I'm going to say that normal humans don't indeed qualify for this power.
The first type refers to irl weapons and teeth have to be sharp or made in a way that makes them functional as weapons.
The structure of the human mouth and teeth is meant to chew food and their ability to rip is very limited, as well as the fact they aren't neither sharp, durable or fixed in the proper way, unlike those of dogs, lions, crocodiles etc...

The second type, referring to unconventional weapons, includes only parts of the human body that sport unnatural properties, making them efficient for combat, so it already implies a degree of superhumanity.

Back