• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Scariest Characters in Fiction?

Title says it all. Which character makes your skin crawl? What about them makes them so scary? Is it their appearance? Their actions? Their mindset? Their powers? Their potential? A combination of all the aforementioned components? Discuss!

The Scarlet King eats guys who can destroy all of reality just by existing for breakfast. Literally, for lunch and dinner too.

Ringu2Rage

This ******* thing.

First off: The thing's theme. When it appears (Which you have no warning for), this music starts immediately and most of your vision is covered in static, blinding you from the start. This scream is basically the game's way of telling you to **** off as fast as possible.

And the thing's powers. Just by being near it, your vision is surrounded by a field of static, which gets closer and closer to you until you're nearly blind. And the way it works is pretty scary itself. When the field is still far from you, you can only see the thing's shadow looming in the static. But that shadow disappears when it gets closer to you, meaning that you have no idea where it is for a few seconds. When the static fades away, it could be right in front of you, with its twitching head and limbs.

And the thing wasn't even much of a danger before. Just a floating ghost lady with a not-so-scary design. But for completely unknown reasons, it gets upgraded to this horrific form later in the game. It's the only monster to do so too.

Also this thing.

Tentacles that can sucks every essences of the victim with a slight touch...preferred victims would be the magical girl whose stamina is far greater than the toughest man in the world if you know what I mean :v.

WeeklyBattles said:
The Scarlet King eats guys who can destroy all of reality just by existing for breakfast. Literally, for lunch and dinner too.
That's powerful, not really scary.

KnucklesSTC
An abomination to the way. These kinds of creatures defile upon the way of de Queen. With each step, a village of Ugandan Knuckles who do know de wae are lost forever. With every utterment of its voice begets the wrath of blue Ugandans... yet none are able to stop such a monstrosity.
We call this monster...

Regular Knuckes.

"Strong and powerful enough to kill everything" is a really boring type of scary.

When it comes to scary SCP's that I like, there's SCP-2852, SCP-1981, and of course, SCP-082, which haunts me to this day

I'm just saying ones that I like.

The scariest thing for me is the concept of existential horror, where you're scared of your own existence. The thought of why you should not be around, how or why you should exist. How much control you have over yourself or how relevant your existance may even be in an uncaring or hostile world.

If only fictional creatures are allowed in this thread. Well........ just this entire incident scarred me pretty badly.

Js250476 said:
I remember Timmy tanked some huge ass explosion or something like that in those movies
I still find it weird they killed off Timmy for real in one of the movies.

@Paulo. Yeah I think they were going to be scaled off of Jorgen and Poof.

Back