• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Scaling question

I was working on sandboxes for a verse when I stumbled upon a problem.
If A scales to B who has, lets say a 100ton feat. A then has a multiplier of 10 times which would make her 1,000 tons, but even with this she is weaker than character C, so character C scales to 1,000 tons. But then character B comes and shows that they scale to character C, without getting any stronger or any new statements. How would you properly structure this scaling chain without causing any paradoxes?

I was working on sandboxes for a verse when I stumbled upon a problem.
If A scales to B who has, lets say a 100ton feat. A then has a multiplier of 10 times which would make her 1,000 tons, but even with this she is weaker than character C, so character C scales to 1,000 tons. But then character B comes and shows that they scale to character C, without getting any stronger or any new statements. How would you properly structure this scaling chain without causing any paradoxes?
If this is a one-time feat then I'd say there'd be issues with scaling.

BTW, this is assuming that the 1000x multiplier is stated officially within the story itself, correct?

If this is a one-time feat then I'd say there'd be issues with scaling.
when you say one time feat are you referring to the 10tons (example value) or them scaling to C?
BTW, this is assuming that the 1000x multiplier is stated officially within the story itself, correct?
In this case the multiplier was 10x (my example) but for the series I was scaling, it would be a 100x multiplier, the characters scale to X feat with their base power, and can increase the percentage they really using up to 100% which would be 100x more. The series is Claymore if you’re familiar with that.

when you say one time feat are you referring to the 10tons (example value) or them scaling to C?
The latter.

In this case the multiplier was 10x (my example) but for the series I was scaling, it would be a 100x multiplier, the characters scale to X feat with their base power, and can increase the percentage they really using up to 100% which would be 100x more. The series is Claymore if you’re familiar with that.
Sorry, not familiar with the verse.

Back