• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sayaka Miki vs Twenty-Fifth Baam

This profile got my attention thanks to ZackMoon so why not make a thread ?

• Law of Cycles Sayaka and Hell Train Arc Baam
  • Speed equalized
  • The fight takes place at Mitakihara City
Who wins and why ?

Baam
Tier: At least 7-C
Name:
Currently 25th Baam or just Baam; formerly used the alias Jyu Viole Grace

Origin: Tower of God

Classification: Human (?), Irregular, FUG Operative, Slayer Candidate, Wave Controller

Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Skilled martial artist, Skilled Swordsma, Aura/Shinsoo sensing, can fire energy blasts, form barriers, enhance his strikes through Shinsoo, he can create bombs with Shinsoo, Molecular Immobilizatio via Matter Manipulation (Shinsoo moves and acts in a similar way to electrons and replaces air in the Tower and Baam can reverse it's flow to stop movement), Power Mimicry, Immortality (type 1), (Mid-Low) Regenerationn, Telekinesis, Limited Soul Manipulation (has absorbed multiple souls of those killed by Hoaqin), Resistance to Soul Manipulation (has multiple souls), Energy Nullification via Absorption (dissipated Karaka's attack), Homing Attack with Necromancer , Can tap into a small amount of power from the Thorn, a weapon once wielded by Enryu, can negate immortality and Regenerationn with the Thorn

Attack Potency: At least Town level (Fought against Hoaqin)

Speed: At least Massively Hypersonic (He is far superior to Anak and Koo.)

Lifting Strength: Unknow

Striking Strength:
At least Town Class

Durability:
At least Town Class

Stamina:
Fairly large

Range: At least hundred meters

Standard Equipment: Enryu's Thorn

Intelligence: Skilled combatant; was able to determine a White Steel Eel's weakness within seconds after encountering it; very adept at controlling Shinsoo; was able to copy Love's moves upon witnessing them only once.

Weaknesses: Very weak and inexperienced for most of Season 1 | The Thorn uses up Viole's stamina at a fast rate (was unable to tap into it's power for more than a few minutes at most)

Notable Attacks/Techniques:

Shinsoo Manipulation:
The act of handling Shinsoo externally to change the surroundings or to attack the opponent is called Shinsoo manipulation. There are two ways to manipulate Shinsoo: using an item or manipulating it firsthand. For Baam, it's the latter.

• Shinsoo Beams: Can control balls and beams of energy to attack the opponent.
  • Shinsoo Control and Amplified Shinsoo Beams: He seems to hold an excessive amount of Shinsoo, at least for the standards of E-Ranks, as he is always shown in battles to blast massive amounts of Shinsoo at opponents simultaneously. He is also able to create six baangs. Quaetro Blitz states that even the top 5 E-Ranked Regulars can probably only create 4 baangs at most. He almost exclusively creates baangs to use as Shinsoo Beams.
  • (Double-Handed) Shinsoo Punch: Viole has a new technique that involves him using Shinsoo to reinforce his normal punches to the point where one punch is able to crack the floor. He can extend the Shinsoo to strike from far away as well. He seldom uses it after its first appearance hinting that it may be one of his weaker techniques.
  • Shinsoo Bomb (Delayed): Uses Shinsoo to form a bomb that releases a beam of Shinsoo after a few seconds of creation.
  • Shinsoo Barrier: Can create a small Shinsoo barrier to block Shinsoo beams. Viole is also shown to be able to use flames to create a shield. He was also shown to use Lighthouses to enhance the power of his barrier.
  • Healing Exoskeleton: When Viole is wounded, a crimson lobster-like exoskeleton forms on the exterior of his body which heals his wounds.
  • Lighthouse Control: Even though it is not his primary position, Viole has shown he can communicate with and use lighthouses. In one instance, he manipulated three lighthouses to somewhat enhance the effects of Fast Skip to stop Novick and protect himself from Ran's attack. He has also used it to create an enhanced Shinsoo barrier to block attacks and to alter his voice when Koon arrives at the Hand of Arlen. It is shown that he can manipulate at least three lighthouses.
  • Yu Han Sung Style Shinsoo Control Technique: Straight-Line Long Pierce: Using a similar technique to Laure's "shinsoo control", Viole aligns 4 baangs and shoots them forming a spear to pierce through Phobos, stating that a normal attack wouldn't have worked.
  • Shinsoo Ability Replication: Viole can copy Ranker-level abilities after they are used against him or if he's seen them use it only once. Such a feat proves how prodigal Viole is and how dangerous (if he already isn't) he can be in the future. Though Viole can copy Ranker techniques easily, it is noted that he lacks some of the power behind the attacks (relative to a Ranker). The following is a list of techniques copied from his battles and the person who copied it:
From Quant

• Fast Skip: A technique he learned from Quant that allows him to temporarily paralyze an opponent's movement by freezing the shinsoo in the environment. Has mastered it to the point where he could paralyze his opponents' attacks as well as their movements with a word.
From Love

• Wonsulsa: A special method of Shinsoo usage in which Love uses it in a circular motion to give it a greater amount of power whilst retaining its size and mass.
  • Blue Oar: Shinsoo is used to form a blue disk, which allows the rider to move at a very high speeds. The main usage is for a single transportation; the user moves quickly from point A to point B in a straight path because the technique cannot move in any other direction. Also, the technique sometimes causes destruction along its pathway. This is one of the more commonly used Wonsulsa techniques that Viole employs in his battles.
  • Slider: Shinsoo is used to boost one's movement for improved mobility and control (e.g. side-stepping or dodging) during a brief period of time; the main usage is for one to shift oneself into a better offensive position while the user is in a defensive stance: counterattack. This is not optimal for racing against someone, since the technique is not pure acceleration and only lasts for a short time.
  • Upshoot: Shinsoo is used to boost the user's uppercut punch in both power and speed. Usually, this punch is used after Blue Oar to maximize both power and speed.
  • Straight Ball: Shinsoo is used to boost the user's speed, so he can touch the enemy. This attack is followed up by Pitch Changeup.
  • Pitch Changeup: A powerful punch that exerts black/red Shinsoo upon connecting.
From Urek Mazino

• Emperor's Scorching Fist of Death (Usurper's Inferno): Shinsoo is gathered entirely into the fist and released in a giant explosion. This is a very high risk technique as the user is left vulnerable. Though Urek is the one who (indirectly) taught Viole the technique, this technique is also First Emperor's signature technique. Viole never uses this technique because its name is embarrassing.
From Ha Jinsung

• Floral Butterfly: Piercing Technique (ÝÖöýáæÛ│ÁÝîîýêá, or "Hwajeopgongpahsool"): An immensely powerful technique that allows one to transfer a shock of Shinsoo through vibrations from oneself to a targeted object. It is unknown to what extent he is capable of using this technique, though it is shown that just after learning the technique he was able to at least dent a stone golem with it. The effects of a simple touch are catastrophic. It seems that this particular style of fighting is a trait of the FUG Organization. Viole used this technique once in a Shinsoo strengthening test to gain a score of 134,000. Viole again used this technique against Urek Mazino, in which he had his fist clenched, unlike the strengthening test where he held a more relaxed pose so it is possible that Viole was not using the technique to its fullest extent before Urek. This is likely Viole's most devastating attack, dealing extreme damage to Beta with a single strike.
From Novick

• Hayeol Style: Crimson Fist: Viole can manipulate fire-like tentacles to form a dome around him as a shield, sealing him away from reach. It can also blast people away from close range.
Enryu's Thorn: The weapon used by Enryu to kill the 43rd Floor's Guardian, floating over Viole's shoulder. When tapping into it's power, Viole gains an additional baang, a substantial increase in power, and the ability to forcibly control the shinsoo around him. However, the Thorn uses up his power at a fast rate. It is implied Viole has not yet fully awakened the Thorn's power.
Sayaka
Tier: At least 7-C | At least 7-C
Name:
Sayaka Miki

Origin: Puella Magi Madoka Magica

Classification: Magical Girl, Witch, Law Cycle Assistant

Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Magic, Healing, Sword and Spear Creation, Reality Warping, Regenerationn (Mid), Immortality (Types 2, 3 and 6), Telepathy, Pain Nullification, Magic Radar (Can detect sources of magic), minor Air Manipulation, Invisibility, Summoning (Can summon Oktavia von Seckendorff), Awareness of Other Timelines, Acausality (Kept her memories after the universal reset caused by Homura Akemi at the end of Rebellion), Sleep Manipulation, Becomes stronger when damaged, Statistics Amplification, Life Absorption, Energy Projection, Weapon Creation and Enhancing, Telekinesis, Transformation. Resistance to the following: Memory Manipulation, Life Absorption, and Mind Manipulation, unconventional Soul Manipulation Resistance | Mind Manipulation, Soul Removal, Pocket Reality Manipulation, Familiar Summoning, Immortality (Type 8, dependant on water).

Attack Potency: At least Town level (Was able to take on witches with some struggle, has an attack power rating of 1.5) | At least Town level (Created a labyrinth whose size is at absolute minimum a city block, stronger than her previous form)

Speed: At least Massively Hypersonic (Attacked a being that dodged attacks from Madoka Kaname; can outspeed Homura Akemi easily in reactions, even with Homura's Time Stop) | Higher (Can take on a semi-serious Kyoko Sakura.)

Lifting Strength: Unknow

Striking Strength:
Town Class (Was able to damage Ave Maria with her bare fists near the end of the fight, stomped Elly)

Durability: Town level (Shrugged off the attack that one shotted Elly. Regenerationn makes her hard to kill.) | At least Town level (Superior to her previous form)

Stamina: Extremely High (Has shown to blitz witches even without a limb or two) | Likely Limitless

Range: Extended melee range, several dozens of meters with Stinger and sleep manipulation. | Several dozen meters due to sheer size, several hundred of meters with witch abilities

Standard Equipment: Soul Gem, Body, Several cutlasses

Intelligence: Originally Low (Has shown to be very emotional and often puts herself at risk for no reason). However as of becoming an assistant of Madoka, she has knowledge of previous and present timelines, making her exceptionally skilled and intelligent to a Superhuman degree.

Weaknesses: Stubborn, impulsive, considered to be the weakest Magical Girl. Pain Nullification dulls senses and decreases reaction time by some degree. As of becoming an assistant to the Law of Cycles, these weaknesses no longer apply.

Feats:

• As a magical girl she withstood several fatal hits from a witch only to regenerate quicker than Kyoko can see (Note that Kyoko is the fastest magical girl).
  • Due to her connection to the Law of Cycles, she is able to take on characters such as Homura Akemi and even surprise Mami Tomoe through sheer skill, despite being referred to as the weakest magical girl.
  • As a witch, she required the Scorpion Spear attack from Kyouko to kill due to her Regenerationn powers.
Notable Attacks/Techniques:

• Allegro: Speeds up herself and her allies.
  • Squatatore: Rapidly attacks her enemies with three slashes.
  • Shooting Stinger: Fires off her sword like a pistol at her enemy.
    • Splashing Stinger: Fires off hordes of blades at her enemy, leaving little time to dodge.
  • Typhoon: Spins with her swords out causing a miniature typhoon, dealing damage to all enemies surrounding her.
  • Neverending Melody: Increates the rate at which her Regenerationn functions.
  • Healing Tune: Heals allies who hear the ability.
    • Purification Tune: Heals status alignments.
  • Law Of Cycles Witch Summoning: Basically can now exist as both a magical girl and witch separately, allowing both forms to summon their respective other forms
  • Unknown Technique: Can summon an entire army capable of filling about half of False Mikihara City composed of familiars from other witches as well as her own.
  • Wheels of Fate: As a witch, she is capable of sending wooden wheels with enough speed to almost hit Madoka if not for Homura's intervention.
  • Holger's Orchestra As a witch, Oktavia can summon Holger, a familiar that when performing, will take the souls of those who listen
    Card Holger
    Holger, a familiar with potent soul removal hax

• Barrier: A Distortion of reality, Oktavia can create a space that she can warp to her will, if the witch is killed, it is possible for the combatant to be stuck forever in said barrier, making it also a BFR in some cases)
    • Witch's Kiss: Drives the enemy into absolute despair, also controls the enemy

When Baam channels the Thorn's power, he negates immortality and Regenerationn, so Sayaka's going to be in a bit of trouble I think.

I'll come back to this

I'm not really too familiar with Sayaka, though she appears to have far more hax, such as reality warping, life absoprtion, soul manipulation, telekinesis. How do these work for her character?

Reality warping only changes the landscape.

Life absorption means that her slashes absorb life energy.

Soul Manipulation is a familiar that rips out the soul by playing a song.

Telekinesis is only used to control multiple weapons from what I recall

Sayaka doesn't have memory hax herself but she resists it.

Mind manipulation is the Witch Kiss (not an actual kiss, just the name) which can be used both to mind control people into minions and force them into despair making them suicide.

Sleep manipulation is a soundwave that forces people unconscious

Thank you. So does the mind manipulation require physical contact? Eye contact?

It seems like her sleep manipulation would simply put Baam to sleep, as Baam doesn't seem to have anything to counter such.

It definitely doesn't require eye contact seeing how a far lesser witch did it across a city from the inside of her barrier.

Although Sayaka does need to summon Oktavia (she can do it quickly, but she still needs to do it) to have access to her mind and soul manipulation

@Kal have you been the one causing the idea that the reality warping is not-combat applicable? I've noticed that seems to be becoming an idea as of late.

In case you don't know, Elly actually used her reality warping on Madoka (Was basically making her into a liquid), but Sayaka simply wasn't affected.

Yeah my fault.

I legitimately don't recall anyone but Elly doing that tho (using RW in combat I mean).

That's probably because they usually focus on fighting the magical girls.

I mean, they already have reality warping and a run of the mill witch used it, doesn't seem farfetched that given that magical girls already have a resistance to magic that they wouldn't try using it against them.

I guess. Btw do you have an idea why Sayaka has it as a magical girl (and invisibility)?

I think both of these abilities came from when Sayaka was FTL, although Sayaka did have Madoka's memories in Rebellion

Thorn ignores regen and immortality, but Sayaka has sleep and mind manipulation that Baam is not resistant too.

Baam probably has higher ap, at least better range or aoe, but I will consider part inconclusive (dont know the raw number for either).

Soul Removal probably wont work, Baam has multiple souls so doubt that will be useful.

Baams is a natural genius and can also copy powers, although I doubt even verse equalization = shinsoo. So he probably wins in that front.

I am inconclusive for now, maybe leaning to Sayaka.

I see the odds of putting to sleep Baam fairly high, same for a mind break.

Kaltias said:
Sayaka's AP is >>>> her dura which is enough to no sell attacks that one shot 6.6 kilotons beings.

She also has entire timelines worth of experience
I will give you that she has more experience. I will probably change to Sayaka though via sleep and mind hax. Although I have no clue why Baam is town level, and I will just assume for argument sake that even if it was higher by a wide margin. He probably would lose from a simple mind break. (And I somewhat dislike MM <\3. Poor Baam <\\3)

Baam is town level from unleashing an attack that shook a city sized place, making it comparable to a level 7 earthquake.

I'm going to have to go with Sayaka here to. I don't believe Baam has any counter to her mid or sleep hax.

Back