• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sauron's immortality type should be type nine, not type two.

Ainur can create and manipulate bodies for the use of their spirit. While they were weaker without a body, no Ainur spirit has ever been truly destroyed, only stripped of power or imprisoned. Any body Sauron inhabited would have been created by him; logically, that means he could repair it.

I am not so sure. Type 9 seems to mostly be restricted to conceptual entities.

ThatCrimsonTomcat said:
Ainur can create and manipulate bodies for the use of their spirit. While they were weaker without a body, no Ainur spirit has ever been truly destroyed, only stripped of power or imprisoned. Any body Sauron inhabited would have been created by him; logically, that means he could repair it.

I'm with Ant. Type 9 Immortality seems more like something used by transcendental beings, that said i'm not very good with this so i'd say invite people who are well informed on the subject to comment on this thread (Master Of Arda, Matt Schroeder)

The definition of type two immortality implies inability to repair oneself, however. I am new to the wiki so perhaps there is some meaning not explicitly stated in the definition; if not, however, Sauron is not a type two. While he does grow gradually weaker, he has shown the ability to regain strength after losing it.

Okay. You can remove type 2 immortality, and add type 1 instead then.

But on the definition page, it says Type Ones can die from unnatural causes, which he can't. He has one weakness, which was self-installed, far from being killable normally. In any case, the page is locked, so only a mod/admin can edit it.

Immunity to aging does not exclude other types of immortality as well.

Maybe type 4 would be appropriate as well, but I am uncertain.

That might fit. Sauron is effectively a fallen angel, and the way deityhood works in other fandoms is similar to the way Ainur are defeated.

I will update the page, but I cannot bother the other staff members over something like this.

"While they were weaker without a body, no Ainur spirit has ever been truly destroyed, only stripped of power or imprisoned."

That only implies immortality, not a specfic type.

"Any body Sauron inhabited would have been created by him; logically, that means he could repair it."

Not exactly.

The Ainur seem to be like perpetauls from 40k.

They can't regenerate damage to there bodies, however, they can leave it, and regenerate/create a whole new body.

For example, Sauron couldn't regenerate a finger, but created a whole new body after fleeing the destruction of Numenor.

I don't know what that counts as, however.

Back