• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I'm confused.

With See-Through World Tanjiro resist Precognition based on muscle movements and more. So the Sharingan is not going to work at all.

Sasuke's speed amps pale in comparison to Tanjirou's speed amps. Whilst one of Sasuke's won't even work which is the Sharingan. Shunshin is just travel speed and the only people able to effectively use it in combat is the 4th Raikage and people above or comparable to him in speed. He's literally known for it. Sasuke isn't using Shunshin in combat and as far as I know he never does as a kid.

Kid Sasuke also never uses Shadow Clones and prefers hand-to-hand combat so this is moot.

Substitution doesn't mean anything if Tanjirou is way faster.

Wire Taps will be picked up by Tanjirou's enhanced senses, he's able to sense and smell things that are invisible.

Why are we acting like Sasuke has seriously defeated an opponent much faster than him with "tactics and strategy". Sasuke's strategy is good I guess, against Orochimaru he was able to trap him and use his fire techniques, against that random Kabuto accomplice he battered him in combat whilst in agony, he's a quick thinker and thinks of creative combat techniques on the fly but...why will this help if Tanjirou is much faster?

Tanjirou's speed amps allow him to perceive people who were previously relative in speed in slow motion and he can amp his speed further with various breath techniques. Sasuke has the Sharingan which won't work. He blitzes and one-shots.

Not only this, the longer Tanjirou fights, the stronger he gets. Add his speed amps to Precognition based on smell.

Also no, Tanjirou spammed the shit out of his 8-B attacks. He doesn't lose stamina after one attack. He had been fighting for ages before he reached his limit against Akaza but in that time he was spamming Dance of the Fire God.

At his key, Tanjiro was able to fight for hours while using two of his amps soon after literally training for a week without sleep, so stamina is not a factor. If anything, Tanjiro has the stamina advantage since Sasuke can't spam his Ninjutsu techniques for fear of running out of Chakra. Tanjiro only needs to blitz to one-shot anyway.

Traps would not be a reliable strategy at all, since Tanjiro would be able to sense them (as he did before his Demon Slayer training). Sasuke doesn't have underground digging feats, and Tanjiro can sense his presence so stealth/hiding isn't effective either.

Tanjiro's range will probably be upgraded to Several meters in a future CRT, but Sasuke having a range advantage does not constitute a big factor as it is unreliable; Tanjiro dealt with demons who use ranged attacks, and comparable characters in KnY fought demons who do Danmaku. Tanjiro's should be able to reliably dodge and parry especially with his clairvoyance and precog, and with his vastly superior speed amps he'll close the range with a blitz.

The only uses of Substitution I recall happened when the user was anticipating an attack, and judging by how rarely it is used it is usually not combat applicable (unlike Amenotejikara). Sasuke can't do shadow clones (and it would eat his Chakra if he did). Tanjiro should be able to sense any illusionary clones as fakes, and Tanjiro can create illusions of his own that are more effective the better his opponent's vision is (which means it won't be detected by the Sharingan). Tanjiro can sense Sasuke's strength, so he doesn't really need to test the waters.

Speed amps are major factors. We are not talking about a 'slightly faster' or outpacing; Tanjiro has blitz-level speed amps, while Sasuke does not have blitz-level speed amps. As I have shown, two of them individually provide blitz-level of speed, while the third will mess with Sasuke's senses, counter his precog, and provide dramatic speed with precog upgrade (Tanjiro's normal precog allows him to fight an opponent with precog, so he doesn't need to amp for the Sharinga). As the Sasuke vs Lee fight has shown, the Sharingan increases Sasuke's reactions but not his combat/movement speed, and he can be overwhelmed if his body can't move fast enough (assuming that Sasuke would even be able to percieve Tanjiro when amped; Sasuke's sharingan was unable to keep up with B's eight swords).

Shunshin is not something that Sasuke 'can use to counter' or directly use in combat otherwise characters would use it more often in combat instead for just travel; there are different levels of Shunshin mastery, Sasuke has not shown the ability to use it for attack or even consecutively (Shisui is the only character implied to be able to do so, while A used it to get out of the way of ranged attacks).

And if Tanjiro does get outclassed (which he won't according to the data), with his emotions/frustration/bloodlust/killing-intent he can release fear aura which would paralyze Sasuke.

@ShadowWhoWalks

Tanjirou has a Fear Manipulation Resistance but he doesn't have Fear Manipulation on his profile.

He actually does have Fear Manipulation in his profile at the end.

Tanjiro's anger made Inosuke quiver, and human characters such as Shinobu and (Spoiler) were explicitly stated to produce them with anger or intent to kill.

Correct me if I'm wrong. Didn't Sasuke stab his leg to stop his fear from Orochimaru in Chunin exam arc?

ShadowWhoWalks said:
He actually does have Fear Manipulation in his profile at the end.

Tanjiro's anger made Inosuke quiver, and human characters such as Shinobu and (Spoiler) were explicitly stated to produce them with anger or intent to kill.
Isn't the Fear Manipulation listed as Resistance?

Looking at it, it is in resistance but the justification makes it both an ability and resistance at the same time which I guess should be adjusted in future CRTÔäó (Withstood Rui's aura. His aura was implied to be similar to Shinobu's, which caused intense shuddering and lack of air)

So any rebuttal to the counter arguments?

ShadowWhoWalks said:
Looking at it, it is in resistance but the justification makes it both an ability and resistance at the same time which I guess should be adjusted in future CRTÔäó (Withstood Rui's aura. His aura was implied to be similar to Shinobu's, which caused intense shuddering and lack of air)

It still doesn't say that Tanjirou has it as well.

ShadowWhoWalks said:

Doesn't "His" in the context of the justification mean Rui? At least that was what my impression was. If that isn't the case, then it should be reworded.

Back