• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sans vs Terrarian re-match

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uh, a lot of people are forgetting that Terraian's soul resistance is nothing compared to Chara's. A single shot is all Sans needs. I vote Sans.

It's already discussed numerous times why that logic is faulty.

1. We don't know the condition Flowey was in when Sans beat him.

2. We aren't actually told whether or not Sans's soul manip was the reason why he won.

Literally all we know about that fight is that Flowey died. Assuming that Sans can affect soulless people when Sans has non-soul based attacks anyway doesn't work.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
That's not how it works. Sans only deals 9-B in term of Soul damage. Otherwise literally any match would end with a single attack from Sans.
Heck, he's even lost a lot of times to people who were much lower in power than Chara.

Jotaro, Hulk, Link, America, Charizard, someone much like Terrarian named Lunatic Cultist (And speed equalization barely did anything to help Sans on that last one), etc.

Plus, about the Chara thing? A reddit user named BardicLasher once said this:

"Chara's erasing the universe is a fine outlier because Chara doesn't do it by tapping into the power of a normal in-universe human. Chara does it by tapping into the power of the player. You. An extradimensional human. And Chara is only able to do this because you give control over to them. And Chara's a ghost of a human, not a living human. Chara doesn't have the power to wipe ANY universe. Chara has the power to wipe this tiny universe, and only because you give Chara that power. Undertale is so tightly tied to story and gameplay unity, and with Flowey's comments it's not unreasonable to believe that Chara's entire universe IS the extent of the game world, plus a bit more. We also don't see the mechanism through which Chara destroys a universe, which is relevant. Pulling a plug is a very different animal than physically smashing the universe."

Where did I find that you may ask?

https://www.reddit.com/r/whowouldwin/comments/7j2g8a/any_hypothetical_character_that_can_beat_sans/

Really, it's a question of what you scale from.

Literally all we know about that fight is that Flowey died. Assuming that Sans can affect soulless people when Sans has non-soul based attacks anyway doesn't work.
Such as?

Noahkaismith said:
There's so much wrong with that statement. But whatever. Make a CRT if you want to.
Click on the link and read the comments of the thread it leads to.

Heck, even an average ginger male can beat Sans (sarcasm)

...Literally everything else in his moveset beside KR and blue mode?

Also just to point out that all you're saying isn't accepted, and is not remotely close to being accepted.

Also just to point out that all you're saying isn't accepted, and is not remotely close to being accepted.
Are you talking to me or someone else? I'm not really sure

Kinda see where you're coming from. His apparent love for Sans is just sometimes taken a bit too far, to the point where he'll act somewhat rude to anyone trying to argue that Sans loses. That, and he uses the same arguments over and over again.

Durrentz said:
-snip-
I really don't like Sans all to much. He's cool and all, but my favorite Undertale character is Asgore. Regardless, linking a reddit post isn't a very good arguement. As for the post itself, his arguements revolve around him claiming that the Player from Undertale is 10-B, and everyone is infinitley below that, which is dumb.

Bones and Gaster Blasters both hit your soul...

Noahkaismith said:
Durrentz said:
-snip-
I really don't like Sans all to much. He's cool and all, but my favorite Undertale character is Asgore. Regardless, linking a reddit post isn't a very good arguement. As for the post itself, his arguements revolve around him claiming that the Player from Undertale is 10-B, and everyone is infinitley below that, which is dumb.
Oh, I see. So sorry about that.

I'm not sure this should be added at all. Terrarian resists soul manipulation Andis immune to status affects which KR would qualify as due to being soul poison. This means Sans literally can't hurt him.

Sans can damage people without Soul attacks or KR. + Soul Resistance doesn't nullify Sans' attacks anyway, as Chara also has resistance to such things.

Sans can damage people without Soul attacks or KR. + Soul Resistance doesn't nullify Sans' attacks anyway, as Chara also has resistance to such things.
He only hurt Chara due to KR. Without either soul manipulation or KR sans might as well throw his smelly socks at Terrarian.

That's just a lie. KR is secondary damage. In fact, some of Sans' attacks don't even use KR.

And Sans certainly can't just use Soul Manip to ignore Chara's durability: Soul Manip is just downright common in UT. If Soul Manip is the only reason why Sans can hurt Chara, literally any character could do it.

That's just a lie. KR is secondary damage. In fact, some of Sans' attacks don't even use KR.
And Sans certainly can't just use Soul Manip to ignore Chara's durability: Soul Manip is just downright common in UT. If Soul Manip is the only reason why Sans can hurt Chara, literally any character could do it.
Sans soul manipulation wasn't ignoring durability against Chara that's what KR is for. Without it he'd be hitting Chara's soul with wall level attacks which means nothing considering how durable their soul is.

Again, Sans doesn't need KR to deal damage to Chara. Have you even seen the fight? KR is an after effect of the attacks themselves. You still take damage, KR just makes it happen faster. In gameplay terms, the majority of the damage is done via the IF skip, not the KR.

Seriously we went over this before.

Kinda curious now; So, what CAN completely nullify Sans' attacks? Magic immunity that protects the user's mind, body, and soul from magic and pretty much anything else that doesn't use science to harm the user?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back