• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sans vs Shadow the hedgehog

assuming sans should be able to hurt shadow in his super form, due to ignoring physical durability.

Round one: Base form Shadow vs sans, both in character.

Round two: Shadow with all 7 chaos emeralds vs bloodlusted sans. Speed equalized

Round three: base form archiee shadow vs bloodlust sans. Speed equalized

Round 1: shadow, since he is faster and much stronger. And don't tell me "but sans dodged Frisk attacks !" Yes, he did, but Frisk is like massively hypersonic+ (so sans must be relativistic at least) while shadow is FTL at least (comparable to sonic). And sans has only 1HP, so one spin attack or chaos spear and he is dead.

And what the hell is "burning in hell" mode ? It's not in the game, it's not on his profile, I begin to think that it's your invention...

"Burning in Hell mode"? Is this a troll or something? If you're referring to Sans when he was fighting Chara/Frisk, that was the only time he fought and so the only usable version of him, not some ultra-powered up version.

As far as his feats go, Sans is only known to be greater than MHS+, so both rounds are speed stomps, and the last two with your 'burning in Hell Sans' are just overkill.

HalfAsianFan said:
"Burning in Hell mode"? Is this a troll or something? If you're referring to Sans when he was fighting Chara/Frisk, that was the only time he fought and so the only usable version of him, not some ultra-powered up version.
As far as his feats go, Sans is only known to be greater than MHS+, so both rounds are speed stomps, and the last two with your 'burning in Hell Sans' are just overkill.
It's not HIS "burning in hell mode". Read the comment again.

@Digilord Who has this "burning in Hell mode" then? The comment specifically states that it's

'Example version of Shadow

vs

Sans in "Burning in Hell" mode.'

What am I getting wrong here, and what is "burning in Hell mode" then?

HalfAsianFan said:
@Digilord Who has this "burning in Hell mode" then? The comment specifically states that it's
'Example version of Shadow

vs

Sans in "Burning in Hell" mode.'

What am I getting wrong here, and what is "burning in Hell mode" then?
Probably Sans when he's angry. But that's not really a "mode".

Now it makes sense.

Round 1: meh, I'm still in shadow's side.

Round 2: I have a question : Rings are game mechanics or not ??? Because if they are then I'm voting for Shadow, however if they aren't then Sans might have a chance

Round 3: I can't tell. I never read the archie, so Idk if Shadow already killed someone or not.

Elione-chan said:
Now it makes sense.
Round 1: meh, I'm still in shadow's side.

Round 2: I have a question : Rings are game mechanics or not ??? Because if they are then I'm voting for Shadow, however if they aren't then Sans might have a chance

Round 3: I can't tell. I never read the archie, so Idk if Shadow already killed someone or not.
id say the most fair way to use the rings are simply a time limit for super shadow, and a health/duribility boost for base shadow. also, hasnt shadow killed a few people before? in the shadow the hedgehog game the aliens he depleats the health of explode into blood and the humans fall down gasping for air and in the way the city was at that time i highly doubt a doctor would get to them in time.

Round 1: Sans. He was one-shot by Chara who is labeled as 2-B, Multiverse level. No wonder the guy was one-shot. Even then, he didn't die right away, he still had enough power to at least limp off the screen, THEN die. Shadow is City level. It doesn't matter if their both in character, Shadow realistically can't hurt Sans, and because he's killed before, hence the Villain Shadow option in Shadow the Hedgehog, he's done for. Karmic Retribution could hurt Chara who is, again, 2-B. Shadow's speed isn't helping him whatsoever.

Round 2: Sans casually stomps by breathing. Yes, Super Shadow is Multi-Solar System level, but that still isn't enough. Plus, stacking that upon the fact that this round is speed equalized, throwing Super Shadow's only advantage out the window, but also bloodlusted Sans?! When he was REALLY ticked off, he threw Chara into the wall countless times with telekinesis. Super Shadow gets one-shot.

Round 3: Sans STILL stomps. Actually, this round is EXACTLY like Round 2. Shadow is Multi-Solar System level, speed equalized, versus a seemingly 2-B equivalent, bloodlusted Sans.

Might I say, this is a spite thread, as Shadow stands no chance in any of the three rounds.

@Metal

This isn't even nearly a spite thread because

1: Sans can't tag Shadow in round 1.

2: Sans is not 2-B, his tier is listed as Unknow because his actual tier is unknown to everyone. If you want to revise Sans's stats, do it in a content revision thread.

3: Chara is 2-B, but at no point used attacks of such strength on Sans. Chara's 2-B feat comes from destroying the Multiverse at the very end of the genocide route, if Chara did use 2-B attacks on Sans, the multiverse the game's set in would end every time Chara missed an attack. The game states that Sans is the most fragile monster in the game, and his page has him as Unknow with a note explaining that he's probably very easy to kill. Again, if you want to revise his durability, discuss it somewhere else and then we can use his revised stats here.

Also, about "When he was REALLY ticked off, he threw Chara into the wall countless times with telekinesis." What does this have to do with anything? He threw Chara at a wall and did 0 damage while doing it. He even got tired after a while, it wasn't countless times.

tl;dr your argument seems to be based on assumptions.

@Asian: I'll get on that soon. And if it's accepted, I'll be back. If not, I won't. I would like to say that was moreso my opinion, no need to be angered about it.

id say the most fair way to use the rings are simply a time limit for super shadow, and a health/duribility boost for base shadow. also, hasnt shadow killed a few people before? in the shadow the hedgehog game the aliens he depleats the health of explode into blood and the humans fall down gasping for air and in the way the city was at that time i highly doubt a doctor would get to them in time.

My opinion doesn't change on round 1. Sans is not serious, and speed is not equalized.

okay, I guess Sans takes the second round, for better hax and stamina. After all, with speed equalized, sans has enough time to react to shadow's attacks if he stops time.

For round 3, well... Again, I never read the Archie comics (aside from the silver saga 'cause I'm a fangirl). I know archie shadow is far stronger than game shadow, but Idk his exact level of strength.

Also, it's "equalized", not "equilised" ;)

Metal Mario875 said:
Round 1: Sans. He was one-shot by Chara who is labeled as 2-B, Multiverse level. No wonder the guy was one-shot. Even then, he didn't die right away, he still had enough power to at least limp off the screen, THEN die. Shadow is City level. It doesn't matter if their both in character, Shadow realistically can't hurt Sans, and because he's killed before, hence the Villain Shadow option in Shadow the Hedgehog, he's done for. Karmic Retribution could hurt Chara who is, again, 2-B. Shadow's speed isn't helping him whatsoever.
Sans' speed is unknown, but he's far faster than Firsk, who is massively hypersonic. Shadow is FTL by scaling to sonic. Even tho Sans is far faster than Frisk, I doubt he can reach FTL speed. And I'm sure Shadow can deal with telekinesis

@Metal Sorry if I came off as aggressive, I was just trying to defend the thread as being not a spite. Anyway, as for my opinions on the matter...

Round 1: Since speed isn't equalized Shadow likely has a good speed advantage. I'm going with him for this one.

Round 2: Basically what Elione said. My vote's on Sans.

Round 3: Where is Shadow's base Archie Comics key/profile? Does he actually have one? If he's similar to Shadow w/ Chaos Emeralds but just stronger and without any new hax I'd stick with Sans for this one.

Back