• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sans vs Hopeless Soul

Sans vs Hopeless Soul

I chose Hopeless Soul than Lucifer because, while they may be the same entity, Hopeless Soul has demonstrated more fourth wall breaking feats and such.

Speed equalized.

Who wins?

Complete stomp. hopless soul wins.

no KR damage going around. way above the feats sans has on Chara. (his stats are unknown but the highest he's done is multi universal enemy)

and it really is one sidded. sans has attacks that are soul based but that means nothing when KR is not going to be a factor

Stop thinking KR is the only way Sans can do damage, it is blatantly not true.

Also Chara > Hopeless Soul

Saikou The Lewd King said:
Stop thinking KR is the only way Sans can do damage, it is blatantly not true.
Also Chara > Hopeless Soul
Actually it kinda is. Sans's base attack (as the game states) is 1 attack and 1 defence. quote "easiest enemy in the game can only deal one damage".

the only reason you take so much damage is KR. that causes the bleed effect. that causes the amss of damage as well. the only time KR isn't what hits you is that last 1 HP which sans hits.

Thus in a match with our his KR a factor. he has no AP.

Typhlosion130 said:
Complete stomp. hopless soul wins.
no KR damage going around. way above the feats sans has on Chara. (his stats are unknown but the highest he's done is multi universal enemy)

and it really is one sidded. sans has attacks that are soul based but that means nothing when KR is not going to be a factor
Wouldn't Hopeless Soul, being actually Lucifer make him vulnerable to KR? I mean, Lucifer's a pretty bad dude. Though his number of kills is questionable, doesn't KR damage based on a soul's sins and not (just) their kill count?

Also, isn't Chara multiverse level, not just multi-universe? I checked Soul's and Chara's profiles and can confirm that Chara is higher tiered than Soul (2-B to 2-C, respectively) Although Soul does have more feats than Chara. (I don't know where Blood Manipulation nor Matter Manipulation comes from though, from what I remember in the game neither of those things are hinted at even.)

@Typlhosion

Did you play the game? Sans' KR only helps out, it isn't his only way to damage Chara. For proof, a lot of his attacks don't even use KR.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
@Typlhosion

Did you play the game? Sans' KR only helps out, it isn't his only way to damage Chara. For proof, a lot of his attacks don't even use KR.
Basically this. I'm voting for sans on this one.

Maybe it's just me but Hopeless Soul seems to have way better hax to use in a battle than Chara had before his/her absolute state, while fighting Sans. I mean, yeah, (s)he was strong, but Hax wise Sans had much more going for him (the main thing that screwed Sans was "Whatever, I can repeat this until I'm able to aim dodge everything you throw at me").

Also, I don't know how fast Sans is, but I'm preeeetty sure he's not fast enough to be keeping up with an Omnipresent being - Chara only gets their Omnipresent rating after reaching their Absolute, and Absolute Chara would murder stomp Sans, so they don't count.

I'm leaning much more on Hopeless Soul for this.

FateAlbane said:
Maybe it's just me but Hopeless Soul seems to have way better hax to use in a battle than Chara had before his/her absolute state, while fighting Sans. I mean, yeah, (s)he was strong, but Hax wise Sans had much more going for him (the main thing that screwed Sans was "Whatever, I can repeat this until I'm able to aim dodge everything you throw at me").

Also, I don't know how fast Sans is, but I'm preeeetty sure he's not fast enough to be keeping up with an Omnipresent being - Chara only gets their Omnipresent rating after reaching their Absolute, and Absolute Chara would murder stomp Sans, so they don't count.

I'm leaning much more on Hopeless Soul for this.
Hopeless Soul is only omnipresent in his own creation otherwise it is unknown.

I was thinking of adding an arena (neutral grasslands) to avoid confusion, but because of the nature of Pony Island, I'm not sure if that's viable.

Tinean said:
I was thinking of adding an arena (neutral grasslands) to avoid confusion, but because of the nature of Pony Island, I'm not sure if that's viable.
You could ask one of the admins.

Back