• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sans (Undertale) vs Sonic (Archie)

• Sans was being lazy as ever again as he then heard fighting near his area and shurgged and decided to go check it out and when he got there he saw his older brother getting beat up by some blue blur as papryus fell as sonic stopped and just frowned* "I told you not to-WOAH!" *He yelled as he was then sllmed into a tree and he graoned and looked up as gaster blasters shot at him but he quickly dogged as he looked at sans now who had his one eye glwoing blue*

"You came to the wrong part of the neighboor hood, you stinking rat...." *He said as he bones started to form around the two*

Who would win?

Sonic is way too fast for Sans and is a good guy so Sans' hax will do little.

Archie Sonic stomps in base form.

If this was Scourge, Sans would destroy him. But it's not. It's Sonic, who doesn't really have a bad bone in his body. Therefore, Sans isn't really gonna be able to do anything to him, so he can't really win (like...at all) unless he did something completely out of character.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
If this was Scourge, Sans would destroy him. But it's not. It's Sonic, who doesn't really have a bad bone in his body. Therefore, Sans isn't really gonna be able to do anything to him, so he can't really win (like...at all) unless he did something completely out of character.
Wouldn't that make it a mismatch?

Also, isn't Sans' teleportation nigh-instantaneous, like his speed with it?

Talonmask said:

Also, isn't Sans' teleportation nigh-instantaneous?
It is, because Sans doesn't fight good guys, and he can't really do anything to someone who's good, unless he does something which is completely not in his character to do.

ThemoonprinceN said:
Huh i thoguth sans and sonic would be around the same speed in base form, guess i was wrong
Well, if you take Sans' teleportation into account then yeah, but that's not the problem. The problem is you're forcing him into a fight with a purely good character, which pretty much denies him any leverage granted by Karmic Retribution as well as making him more reluctant to actually fight or give it his all.

Talonmask said:

Also, isn't Sans' teleportation nigh-instantaneous?
It is, because Sans doesn't fight good guys, and he can't really do anything to someone who's good, unless he does something which is completely not in his character to do.
Not even that, he only fights the purely evil, you can kill everyone in the game and he still not fight you, depending on how you acted with Mettaton NEO.

Thman said:
@Azathoth
but Scourge and Sonic have Chaos Control

which is both in their character use
Chaos Control won't help if your essence is stuck in place, though like I said, stuff like this would only work on Scourge.

ThemoonprinceN said:
Hmmm i see, so archie sonic really can't fight pure good chacters then?
No, he can. Sans can't/won't. I mean, he technically CAN, but it would be out of character and would severely hinder him in a fight.

True, i never really knew that about sonic, i knew that about san's though.....hmm so if not a fight i guess this really can't be declared a winner since nethier would fight each toher?

@Azathoth

but the chaos emeralds and chaos control can do alot more in archie than they can do in the games though

btw Scourge would still lose

Thman said:
@Azathoth
but the chaos emeralds and chaos control can do alot more in archie than they can do in the games though

btw Scourge would still lose
Oh I'm well aware of just how powerful they are. Sans would just win that fight because KR would be like poison to Scourge.

ThemoonprinceN said:
True, i never really knew that about sonic, i knew that about san's though.....hmm so if not a fight i guess this really can't be declared a winner since nethier would fight each toher?
I mean, you could make them both out of character and bloodlusted, though Sonic should definitely still win that for the reasons I stated, before. Scourge vs Sans would be more interesting imho, though I'd cast my vote for Sans.

Pikachu942 said:
How does Sans even activate Blue Mode before he gets blitzed is what I'm not understanding here
Because it's not only instantaneous, but Sans would literally just have to read Scourge's initial expression, survive the first nanosecond, then freeze him in place.

Pikachu942 said:
How does Sans even activate Blue Mode before he gets blitzed is what I'm not understanding here
Because it's not only instantaneous, but Sans would literally just have to read Scourge's initial expression, survive the first nanosecond, then freeze him in place.

the real question is can he survive that first nanosecond, but well actually Scourge is probably going to take 5 minutes boasting about how he is going to kick Sans a** and then Sans will just activate blue mode

Thman said:
the real question is can he survive that first nanosecond, but well actually Scourge is probably going to take 5 minutes boasting about how he is going to kick Sans a** and then Sans will just activate blue mode
Pretty much this. That's very much within Scourge's character.

although KR wouldn't come from being mean but instead from having blood on your hands, which still sonic really wouldn't have since his only mass destruction comes from making robots unable to fight which as seen with Frisk v. mettaton grants no EXP. unless sonic has actual kills to his name KR would do nothing to him

How would he activate blue mode in the first place? And is it actually usefull? The only effect it seems to have is restoring gravity in a box, and it would depend on who's point of view your doing the battle from. Blue mode is more of a mechanism. We could say that Sonic locks sans in place with the RPG mechanism too. It's not easy to wrap your head around.

Whatnoww said:
How would he activate blue mode in the first place? And is it actually usefull? The only effect it seems to have is restoring gravity in a box, and it would depend on who's point of view your doing the battle from. Blue mode is more of a mechanism. We could say that Sonic locks sans in place with the RPG mechanism too. It's not easy to wrap your head around.
Sans' lockdown attack is an rpg mechanism. Blue Mode isn't. We don't know exactly how he activates it (his eye flashes and that's pretty much it), but it lets him control the "gravity" of his opponent's soul, as seen when he uses it to fling you all across the field with a wave of his hand. His control over it isn't as limited as Papyrus'.

Whatnoww said:
Sans' lockdown attack is an rpg mechanism. Blue Mode isn't. We don't know exactly how he activates it (his eye flashes and that's pretty much it), but it lets him control the "gravity" of his opponent's soul, as seen when he uses it to fling you all across the field with a wave of his hand. His control over it isn't as limited as Papyrus'.
That's interesting information, but I dunno how it helps sans. I dunno how moving his soul gravity would help him at all. Sonic has a pretty strong will, and Archie Sonic stomps in base form. He's part of a group of characters which beat up 99% of fiction alongside Superman and some other guys I don't remember. I just feel that their forms of battle are intangible to each other except direct attack buttons or something.

Whatnoww said:
That's interesting information, but I dunno how it helps sans. I dunno how moving his soul gravity would help him at all. Sonic has a pretty strong will, and Archie Sonic stomps in base form. He's part of a group of characters which beat up 99% of fiction alongside Superman and some other guys I don't remember. I just feel that their forms of battle are intangible to each other except direct attack buttons or something.
I'm not arguing that he wins? I even said this is a stomp due to Sonic not being a murderer and a pretty damn good guy.

I sincerely doubt it can be considered fact that Archie Sonic solos 99% of fiction. By that same logic, anyone 2-C or above solos 99% of fiction.

Whatnoww said:
I'm not arguing that he wins? I even said this is a stomp due to Sonic not being a murderer and a pretty damn good guy.
I sincerely doubt it can be considered fact that Archie Sonic solos 99% of fiction. By that same logic, anyone 2-C or above solos 99% of fiction.
Oh! No! I didn't mean that at all! I was referring to a comment that someone else said about blue mode!

What I mean is that Archie Sonic comics have alot of Plot induced stupidity, as in at one point, Sonic could be severly crippled by some piece of rubble falling, and the next, surviving the implosion of a black hole and getting shot a few trillion light years away and shake it off in the matter of minutes. It's stupid.

Whatnoww said:
Oh! No! I didn't mean that at all! I was referring to a comment that someone else said about blue mode!

What I mean is that Archie Sonic comics have alot of Plot induced stupidity, as in at one point, Sonic could be severly crippled by some piece of rubble falling, and the next, surviving the implosion of a black hole and getting shot a few trillion light years away and shake it off in the matter of minutes. It's stupid.
Ah, I see.

Indeed. Many long running comics end up running on PIS, and Archie Sonic is no exception.

both are lightspeed and sans can teleport instantly and has a much higher reaction time. I think sonic would win simply because hes the same speed and i find it more likely for sans to slip up and get hit then for him to last long enough to do enough damage to kill sonic. That being said if sans could manage sonic's speed, such as makeing him blue (heavy) for the whole fight, then i think he could win. Also, i dont think hyper/super sonic would help sonic much because sans directly attacks the enemy's soul and its only sonic's body thats invalnrable in those forms. I dont know, i could see it going either way.

Back