• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Okay, so let's start with their AP.

Samurai Jack should have AP comparable to his durability, which averages out at 1.57 kilotons of TNT and goes upwards of 3.87 kilotons of TNT.
Hyodou, on the other hand, has a consistent AP of 3.07 kilotons of TNT, but that was for his second key while his 3rd key implies that he's far stronger than before.

As for what they can do, well... Samurai Jack does have a counter for astral projection according to this.:
  • Astral Fighting: One time his soul was sucked out by a demon, but he proceeded to fight inside of the demon with just his soul and defeated it, freeing his soul and all of the other victims of the demon back into their bodies. Jack used a similar ability earlier to enter the dimension within Demongo's body and release the souls he amassed.
So that isn't going to be too much help in Hyodou's favor.

Hyodou's rage power is just going to screw him over because having seen Season 5, I know Jack only got his sword back after quelling his own hatred and thirst for revenge. With hatred being a clear marker of evil and Jack's sword being able to damage AKU of all things, Jack has a hard counter against Hyodou in that regard. Hyodou's Empathic Manipulation justification is as follows "Can write a charm that induce tranquility and peace in his or someone else's mind," but I dunno if that'll hard-counter his hatred or not. Someone who knowledgeable about Sengoku Youko will have to fill me in on that one.

Not sure how Jack can counter Hyodou's Attack Reflection or even his Instinctive Reaction. Instinctive Reaction is a pretty out-there form of defensive and offensive ability, so much so that even inexperienced users like Goku on his first UI Omen or less powerful users like Anne Boonchuy can pull off outstanding feats with it.

The way I see it, Hyodou letting his hatred get to him will be an instant win for Samurai Jack, but in any other scenario, it's likely Jack will need to call upon his ancestors in order to handle Hyodou in what would otherwise be a fair fight.

I'm not gonna vote yet as this looks like a match that needs more debating.

@Flashlight237

Shinsuke's Astral Projection is not applicable in combat.

Shinsuke learned peace and tranquility spells and probably does it in himself for three whole months (I say probably because it's not implied that he uses it in himself, but it's convenient with his radical personality change during the Part 2 timeskip). Shinsuke would have no need to use anger or even let himself be carried away by it, after the events of the second key he gained an inferiority complex and became an anguished drunk (Not that this is something that compromises his willpower or willingness to fight, Shinsuke even with this personality, faces characters dozens of times stronger than him without any fear, like 7-A dragons and gods), at the end of Part 2 Shinsuke even becomes a peacemaker and converts demons that were as angry as he was in the past (Character development is what they call it).

About Instinctive Reactions, inside Shinsuke's sword (Arabuki) possesses the soul of a demon. Shinsuke and Arabuki are friends, so it is natural that during the battle it will act on it's own to help Shinsuke (But Arabuki doesn't go beyond things like creating force fields, making Shinsuke fly to dodge attacks, or releasing air blasts to hurl opponents), I would say it's not like a Ultra Instinct, Shinsuke just has this ability because he has a helper who acts on it's own during the fight.

@Flashlight237

About Instinctive Reactions, inside Shinsuke's sword (Arabuki) possesses the soul of a demon. Shinsuke and Arabuki are friends, so it is natural that during the battle it will act on it's own to help Shinsuke (But Arabuki doesn't go beyond things like creating force fields, making Shinsuke fly to dodge attacks, or releasing air blasts to hurl opponents), I would say it's not like a Ultra Instinct, Shinsuke just has this ability because he has a helper who acts on it's own during the fight.
Wouldn't that make that Inorganic Physiology then?

Well, a sword is naturally inorganic, the point is that Shinsuke's powers can work without him having to activate them directly, thanks to Arabuki.

Well, a sword is naturally inorganic, the point is that Shinsuke's powers can work without him having to activate them directly, thanks to Arabuki.
I get that. But that's the thing. This is how Instinctive Reactions are defined in VBW.:

Instinctive Reaction is the ability to react to oncoming attacks without the need for conscious thought. As such, those with this ability will automatically dodge and possibly counter oncoming attacks through muscle memory or instinct. As a result, the user is free to utilize the mental effort that is normally spent on performing these movements on other things.

A demon making a sword act on its own isn't that; it's actually Inorganic Physiology. If it were actually instinctive reactions, he wouldn't have needed assistance from said demon as he'd be acting on his own without conscious thought.

Back