• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sakura Level Cap Tournament (8-B and lower)

DontTalkDT

A Fossil at This Point
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Bronze Supporter
L2RbMBL.png
Basic tournament, just with a special qualification criteria: Your character has to lose against Part 1 (first key) Sakura in speed equal.
All hax, stats and abilities are allowed, they just gotta lose against the pink-haired girl.

To nominate a character, just say which character and explain why your character would lose to Sakura.

Tournament fights will be speed equal.

To win a match you need to either:
  1. Win the vs-match by the usual criteria
  2. Have the most votes once the debate dies (24 hours of no relevant response)
  3. Convince me that by the arguments your opponent presents for their character, their character would in fact beat Sakura
Due to point 3 I will just act as a judge for this.

Characters:
  1. Banana Launcher - Accelerated Evolution
  2. Magali (Base) - Dragonite07
  3. Ami Han - Suigetsuhyugs
  4. Majima - Shadowslash125
  5. Lan Fan - MysticBrawler
  6. Froggit - StrymULTRA

Last edited:
I knew people would try to abuse her two resistances, but it really happened first nomination 😆
Sakura probably outskill her
You sure? This is Sakura we are talking about lol
...Also consider that Sakura downscales from 8-B.

The fact that it is faster and stronger than Sakura is kinda of funny

Although i think Sakura may win this due to better mobility (Since the banana is literally immobile) and abilities like Paralysis Inducement

Kamen Rider Da•Pann is kind of a bum even in his own series. He was able to get the hang of Magnum quickly, but that's about it. Without Magnum Analytic Prediction assist, he's pretty standard long-rang keepaway that lose his momentum when he's fighting in close combat. And he isn't particularly smart otherwise.

The fact that it is faster and stronger than Sakura is kinda of funny

Although i think Sakura may win this due to better mobility (Since the banana is literally immobile) and abilities like Paralysis Inducement
I don't think Sakura really in-character uses the temporary paralysis jutsu much.
But the immobility is fair. Added.

Could Moses work here?
At a glance, she appears to have better stats (assuming you mean the 8-B version) and abilities than Sakura. Do you have an argument on why she would lose despite that?

Steve, i guess she can incap him after see how steve respawn, and his way to fight is not deadly for her to much
How would she incap?
And isn't he stronger and more versatile than her with his eqiupment?

Kamen Rider Da•Pann is kind of a bum even in his own series. He was able to get the hang of Magnum quickly, but that's about it. Without Magnum Analytic Prediction assist, he's pretty standard long-rang keepaway that lose his momentum when he's fighting in close combat. And he isn't particularly smart otherwise.
So no super strong analytic prediction?
What's with the passive probability manipulation?

You sure? This is Sakura we are talking about lol
...Also consider that Sakura downscales from 8-B.
Magali is pretty basic in skill, unless Sakura is a potato in martial arts, she would be a better fighter
Sakura is 18 tons, and Magali is 20 tons, this is not a big difference

So no super strong analytic prediction?
What's with the passive probability manipulation
The layered precog mostly came from Zero-One Rider and Saber Rider. This one is from Geats with the sole skill-man of the series being the titular character himself.

Currently, it's pretty damn vague. This usually allowed the Rider of Desire Grand Prix to get lucky with various items or have something going their way to aids them in a fight. However, this mostly results in outside aids (Not happening in VS battle scenario) or getting new power-up (Da•Pann doesn't have because my man is foddered by episode 4 of the series as school shooter do.)

Magali is pretty basic in skill, unless Sakura is a potato in martial arts, she would be a better fighter
Sakura is 18 tons, and Magali is 20 tons, this is not a big difference
To be clear, Sakura isn't 18 tons, she is at most 18 tons. She downscales from that.
Her martial arts is decent, I suppose.

I will add her in any case. Let's just hope she won't get disqualified by the 3rd condition later.

The layered precog mostly came from Zero-One Rider and Saber Rider. This one is from Geats with the sole skill-man of the series being the titular character himself.

Currently, it's pretty damn vague. This usually allowed the Rider of Desire Grand Prix to get lucky with various items or have something going their way to aids them in a fight. However, this mostly results in outside aids (Not happening in VS battle scenario) or getting new power-up (Da•Pann doesn't have because my man is foddered by episode 4 of the series as school shooter do.)
Alright, I will allow him in. Just be careful with what you argue in matches, given the 3rd win condition.

At a glance, she appears to have better stats (assuming you mean the 8-B version) and abilities than Sakura. Do you have an argument on why she would lose despite that?
Well since speed would be equalized to Sakura's base(since she's the slower one here) she would have the advantage with her Statistics Amplification. She would also has the range advantage thanks to her throwing weapons.

Well since speed would be equalized to Sakura's base(since she's the slower one here) she would have the advantage with her Statistics Amplification. She would also has the range advantage thanks to her throwing weapons.
Her speed amp isn't huge.
The question would also be how Sakura is supposed to defend herself against mind control, death manip, existence erasure and the like.

Due to some disagreement from the Rider Discord about Da•Pann degree of his probability, hax, if it can actually help him in a fight or not. We have decided to go with a safer character with.

Iyu Hoshino or Crow Amazon. She's monstrously stronger than Sakura, as in, one-shot 21 tonner with ease level. She has lost to weaker opponents with better tactics due to her almost robotic and single-minded nature. Sakura can likely incap her despite the AP and regen Iyu have.

Due to some disagreement from the Rider Discord about Da•Pann degree of his probability, hax, if it can actually help him in a fight or not. We have decided to go with a safer character with.

Iyu Hoshino or Crow Amazon. She's monstrously stronger than Sakura, as in, one-shot 21 tonner with ease level. She has lost to weaker opponents with better tactics due to her almost robotic and single-minded nature. Sakura can likely incap her despite the AP and regen Iyu have.
She actually has no regeneration listed, which is weird given how the durability section mentions it.
Still, I don't see Sakura winning that. She goes into that with no prior knowledge. Sakura would just get oneshot before she has grasped things enough to even know that what she should do is run away and lay traps. If that even works. Fairly sure Sakura's success with that is practically zero.
Sakura also has no designated way to incap someone, so she would have to improvise that as well.
Fairly sure Sakura would lose that fight 9 out of 10 times.

Would she work?

The question would also be how Sakura is supposed to defend herself against mind control, death manip, existence erasure and the like.
I understand breaking Genjutsu is not resistance but what about her fight with Ino? Didn't she throw Ino out of her mind with her weird inner personality? That would be resistance right?

I understand breaking Genjutsu is not resistance but what about her fight with Ino? Didn't she throw Ino out of her mind with her weird inner personality? That would be resistance right?
Yeah that's what I was thinking as well. I was also thinking that Sakura's Genjutsu Nullification could also be used to break her out of mind control.
Regarding Death Manipulation and Existence Erasure, the former reduces Moses lifespan so she only uses this as a last resort, while the latter requires her to stand still and focus for a few minutes in order to use which is pretty unlikely for her to pull this off without any help. With that said, I don't think these two abilities are anything to worry about.

Against possession, yes. Which is why she has possession resistance. Not against mind techniques in general.
Yeah that's what I was thinking as well. I was also thinking that Sakura's Genjutsu Nullification could also be used to break her out of mind control.
There is no mind control technique in Naruto that part 1 Sakura could resist or break out of, even if we ignore the question of equalizability.
Regarding Death Manipulation and Existence Erasure, the former reduces Moses lifespan so she only uses this as a last resort, while the latter requires her to stand still and focus for a few minutes in order to use which is pretty unlikely for her to pull this off without any help. With that said, I don't think these two abilities are anything to worry about.
Wouldn't she use her last resort before Sakura actually beats her?
Would she work?
Yeah, she seems fine!

For my entry, I'm going with either Majima, Akiyama or Ryuji, ordered from highest chance to lowest chance against Sakura. (Throwing in Shinada if all of them don't get a pass).

Sure all three of them would outskill Sakura in H2H/CQC but as a ninja, Sakura has better ways to deal with what is essentially melee bros with her better range, substitution jutsu, paralysis and her sleep manip bombs, which none of them resist (leading to an incap). Not to mention that she might actually one-shot them due to being at most about 18 tons.

Unless I actually have to choose them on my own, uhh I'm leaving it to you for evaluation.

I feel like it wouldn't really matter considering Ino is tranfering her mind is not soul like possession, Sakura had to through Ino's mind out of her mind, that seems like mind manipulation resistance.
Sakura's page says otherwise and what's on the page goes. And I would actually say that it shouldn't be mind resistance. Sakura freed herself by her inner self beating up the Ino inside of Sakura. That strategy doesn't work if there is nothing in Sakura's mind for her to beat up.
Which is probably why Sakura never freed herself from any genjutsu using that method.
You ain't even arguing?
Should I? She for once actually has lower stats than Sakura and doesn't seem to have any easily applicable hax.
Could she beat Homelander TV or maybe Comics?
TV? No. Too high stats.
Comics? Maybe. If he doesn't abuse flight.
Sure all three of them would outskill Sakura in H2H/CQC but as a ninja, Sakura has better ways to deal with what is essentially melee bros with her better range
Gonna say that her throwing weapons will probably need a lot of hits to kill someone of comparative stats. Given, your nominations are weaker, so that's a fine argument to make.
paralysis
I don't think Sakura in-character ever used that in Part 1.
and her sleep manip bombs
Doesn't have them in this key. Profile is badly made in that regard, but she only has sleep manip in her part 2 key.
For my entry, I'm going with either Majima, Akiyama or Ryuji, ordered from highest chance to lowest chance against Sakura. (Throwing in Shinada if all of them don't get a pass).
Majima seems fine at a glance, but just to be sure: What's the Drow-Z 55 and is the Tattered Scarf battle relevant and passive?

Majima seems fine at a glance, but just to be sure: What's the Drow-Z 55 and is the Tattered Scarf battle relevant and passive?
Tattered Scarf is for multiple enemy battles only, so that they won't gang up on you in quick succession and Drow-Z 55 is basically a tranquilizer gun.

She actually has no regeneration listed, which is weird given how the durability section mentions it.
Still, I don't see Sakura winning that. She goes into that with no prior knowledge

I see, well, I'd like to still remove Da•Pann from this tourney. Since there's a debate going on for clarified the potency of Geats Riders's passive probability manip.

I see, well, I'd like to still remove Da•Pann from this tourney. Since there's a debate going on for clarified the potency of Geats Riders's passive probability manip.
Ok, done.
Tattered Scarf is for multiple enemy battles only, so that they won't gang up on you in quick succession and Drow-Z 55 is basically a tranquilizer gun.
Alright, he seems fine then.

Against possession, yes. Which is why she has possession resistance. Not against mind techniques in general.

There is no mind control technique in Naruto that part 1 Sakura could resist or break out of, even if we ignore the question of equalizability.

Wouldn't she use her last resort before Sakura actually beats her?
Fair enough.

Maybe, though I thought it would still be fair since she doesn't start with it. If Moses is too much then how about Lan Fan?

Lan Fan would work.

I can probably argue for also Final Froggit to lose, as while he scales to 17.76 Tons, his danmaku is relatively easy to dodge (check Notable Attacks), other than it being mostly a random encounter monster you encounter in the game, meaning he doesn't have skill feats comparable to Sakura's.

The dura neg from SOUL Magic can be tricky though.

I can probably argue for also Final Froggit to lose, as while he scales to 17.76 Tons, his danmaku is relatively easy to dodge (check Notable Attacks), other than it being mostly a random encounter monster you encounter in the game, meaning he doesn't have skill feats comparable to Sakura's.

The dura neg from SOUL Magic can be tricky though.
Do we assume Undertale Soul magic oneshots those without resistance?

Do we assume Undertale Soul magic oneshots those without resistance?
A more elaborated answer:

Not really, Undertale SOUL hax is assumed to break durability due to the verse treating SOULs as having HPs, meaning that it'd require fewer hits than it would normally take to kill an opponent through destroying their SOUL.

It basically means the baseline SOUL would be just at LV 1, aka with only 20 HP (ATK and DEF instead grow alongside physical increases, meaning that SOUL attacks have to pierce through durability first before damaging said SOUL), and yes, Undertale is meta af, it uses the statistics of ATK and DEF you can see through analyzing the opponents as canon as these are referenced in-verse too.

How much does it mean? Well, generally is 5 damage in the game, depending also on the build you have, meaning that Sakura would go down in 4 hits.

In that case I think it sounds fine

Back