• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Saitama vs other..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stop building threads Saitama vs other, i mean Saitama is a parody character that is designed to kill every singol opponent with one hit and without efforts, in all his story he will never show his true force because if it will, the same meaning of OMP will be lost, so all I see in saitama battles is suppose a limit reflecting his last battle made without effort that will never reflect his true power. And that's beacuse the auhtors simply doesn't want to limit this character, also if he would faces a galaxy buster the auhtor will shown him not taking the battle seriusly and winning without effort because he is made in this way. It's a little like the parodied chuck norris.

If we saw in dbz a super strong character we think how and who will kill him, we know the level of dbz characters and know that goku can't face an opponent like bill with his normal form, but well when a super strong character came in OPM universe we already know how it will go, the enemy can be a planet buster or a star buster but we know already how it will go.. so why is not the same when we compare him to other character?
No one take it, but it seems that his power level is decided on the enemy he faced.. while all the centre of OPM is that no enemy is enaught strong to compete in a real fight with saitama.

In other words the power level of saitama seems to be decided on the strongest enemy faced until now, the same enemy that he would blow up with a punch, yes it's so incoherent.

In the end, for a valid versus threads i suggest or to specify saitama by feats or to not take this character in versus threads.

Great I would love to see super cailuo actaully beat the living tribunal when hell freezes over and the oceans run with blood. Please lock this

"Oh, Saitama will never lose and will always win with one punch cause that's his character."

That reasoning can be applied to literally anything, always with stupid results.

Would Super Buu lose to Naruto in the end cause Buu is the villain and therefore designed to not be victorious?

Would Simon the Digger defeat The Presence, cause his character is always about overcoming his opponents?

Would the Justice League defeat Cthulhu Outer Gods, cause they are meant to be the ultimate heroes who will always save the Earth?

Of course not. Saitama may be desigened to always win within OPM, but that does not apply to the whole of fiction, just like Sonic the Hedgehog being the fastest thing alive in his universe doesn't make him faster than say, Wally West Flash or Saint Seiya God Tiers.

You can apply this "he can beat anyone because he's meant to always win that's the point of his character" logic to anyone.
IMG 8488
The point isn't that, the point is that we are assuming is limit by the enemy he faces while the enemy he faces are the one that can't compete with him because his character works in this way in his universe.

So when enemys will became stronger it will be declared stronger, but there isn't a real power level you understand?

ChoseUsername said:
The point isn't that, the point is that we are assuming is limit by the enemy he faces while the enemy he faces are the one that can't compete with him because his character works in this way in his universe.
That can be said about anyone who casually beats an enemy, thats why we have a "At Least" in his page

ChoseUsername said:
Ryukama wrote:
You can apply this "he can beat anyone because he's meant to always win that's the point of his character" logic to anyone.

You're the one assuming he has no limits and is unbeatable. We acknowledge his feats are casual and timestamp his victories/losses as to show what level he was at at the time.

"because his character works in this way in his universe."

One again Dora the Explorer is unbeatable within her universe. (that's how her character works) Doesn't mean we should assume she beats all other characters.

ChoseUsername said:
So when enemys will became stronger it will be declared stronger, but there isn't a real power level you understand?
Even if Saitama's power is truly described as infinite in the end, that still only makes him High 3-A, due to a necessity of feats. Thank you.

Featless is featless. Joke, parody, symbolism or something else doesn't matter.

PancakeExterminator said:
actually scientist from house of evolution said saitama broke his limiter or something. So he is possibly High 3-A.
That's such a vague term we can't be sure what it means (or if it is even true) Also breaking a limiter can mean he broke his human limits. Or I guess Jin Mo Ri from God of High School is a 3-A as well "By hitting a pressure point in the brain Jin Mo-Ri is able to remove the limiters that are placed on his body."

Also if he was a 3-A there's no way Boros should've been able to hold his own against Saitama in the slightest which he did (even if Saitama was holding back). Also why would Saitama have a "serious series" where he puts effort into his strikes if those should be literally effortless if he has infinite power?

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
As someone who's a pretty big fan of OPM, it sincerely irks me when I see stuff like this, especially considering "he has no limits" isn't even the point of Saitama's character. He's still meant to be flawed and have his own problems, even if he's been able to casually defeat everyone else in the series, thus far.
Agreed. Honestly, I tend to view Saitama as an overtrained Shounen Protagonist more than anything, with his opponents being at levels too low for him.

SomebodyData said:
ChoseUsername said:
That can be said about anyone who casually beats an enemy, thats why we have a "At Least" in his page

True I didn't notice it, i am quite new.

I think a "don't wank Saitama/claim he's limitless" rule should be made on the front page along with other ones saying not to hype Giorno and such.

Ryukama said:
You're the one assuming he has no limits and is unbeatable. We acknowledge his feats are casual and timestamp his victories/losses as to show what level he was at at the time.

"because his character works in this way in his universe."

One again Dora the Explorer is unbeatable within her universe. (that's how her character works) Doesn't mean we should assume she beats all other characters.
It's quite different for Dora, you are fallen in logic fallacities, your comparison isn't right first of all Dora isn't mean to be strong by its cartoons. The meaning of is cartoons is totally diffrent and second why dora should be unbeatable? just because he did't die? but he never showned a fight so there is no point!

Do I have to repeat my self? It's not that he has no limits, maybe yes we don't know, the point is that whatever moster he fight he will always strike them with one punch because otherways he would not be One-punch-man (in his manga/anime/webcomic) so we are not taking the real saitama but a reflection of his stronger opponent untill now and this couldn't change because for his character he will nerver shown his real power.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
As someone who's a pretty big fan of OPM, it sincerely irks me when I see stuff like this, especially considering "he has no limits" isn't even the point of Saitama's character. He's still meant to be flawed and have his own problems, even if he's been able to casually defeat everyone else in the series, thus far.
I didn't say that.. -.-

"I didn't say that" But he put this before

"Do I have to repeat my self? It's not that he has no limits, maybe yes we don't know, the point is that whatever 'moster' he fight he will always strike them with one punch because 'otherways' he would not be One-punch-man (in his manga/anime/webcomic) so we are not taking the real 'saitama' but a reflection of his stronger opponent 'untill' now and this couldn't change because for his character he will 'nerver' shown his real power."

Lmao.

Matthew Schroeder said:
"Oh, Saitama will never lose and will always win with one punch cause that's his character."
That reasoning can be applied to literally anything, always with stupid results.

Would Super Buu lose to Naruto in the end cause Buu is the villain and therefore designed to not be victorious?

Would Simon the Digger defeat The Presence, cause his character is always about overcoming his opponents?

Would the Justice League defeat Cthulhu Outer Gods, cause they are meant to be the ultimate heroes who will always save the Earth?

Of course not. Saitama may be desigened to always win within OPM, but that does not apply to the whole of fiction, just like Sonic the Hedgehog being the fastest thing alive in his universe doesn't make him faster than say, Wally West Flash or Saint Seiya God Tiers.
Actually I think someone calced Archie Sonic to be 6e514 X FTL in base form.

Wbaez93 said:
"I didn't say that" But he put this before

"Do I have to repeat my self? It's not that he has no limits, maybe yes we don't know, the point is that whatever 'moster' he fight he will always strike them with one punch because 'otherways' he would not be One-punch-man (in his manga/anime/webcomic) so we are not taking the real 'saitama' but a reflection of his stronger opponent 'untill' now and this couldn't change because for his character he will 'nerver' shown his real power."

Lmao.

IN HIS ANIME YES! THE ACTHOR WILL NEVER SHOWN HIM BEING IN DANGER

Damn, this isn't mean that i said that he hasn't limits

RouninOtaku said:
Matthew Schroeder said:

I could not speak very well english but you all seams functional illiterates, I didn't say that he is unbeatable! I said that in his ANIME,MANGA,WEBCOMIC he will nerver shown his real power because anyway it would not be One-Punch-Man, so when we take him form his universe i noticed that we don't take him but the stronger enemy so far. So my question is what sense has take Saitama vs other if then we are not taking Saitama..?

I could not speak very well english but you all seams functional illiterates, I didn't say that he is unbeatable! I said that in his ANIME,MANGA,WEBCOMIC he will nerver shown his real power because anyway it would not be One-Punch-Man, so when we take him form his universe i noticed that we don't take him but the stronger enemy so far. So my question is what sense has take Saitama vs other if then we are not taking Saitama..?

Loses to superman

"It's quite different for Dora, you are fallen in logic fallacities"

You're the one using Burden of Proof and Argument by assertion falacies. And if you're accusing me of using false equivalence I'll explain why that's not the case in a bit.

"your comparison isn't right first of all Dora isn't mean to be strong by its cartoons."

Well my interpretation of Dora is that she is. And there is just as much proof supporting my interpretation as there is of the "Saitama was meant to beat anyone" statement. Where's your proof that that was the "meaning" of his character?

"The meaning of is cartoons is totally diffrent and second why dora should be unbeatable?"

How ironic another fallacy from you. This time being special pleading. How does the fact that Dora is a cartoon change the fact that she has never been beaten. Also Dora has never been beaten by Swiper or the forces of nature that get in her way.

"just because he did't die? but he never showned a fight so there is no point!"

Dora has never even really been challenged either. If we are gonna say Saitama is unbeatable since no one defeated him then why not say the same for her?

"Do I have to repeat my self? It's not that he has no limits, maybe yes we don't know, the point is that whatever moster he fight he will always strike them with one punch because otherways he would not be One-punch-man"

You are the one arguing he can't be used for VS matches since "Saitama is a parody character that is designed to kill every singol opponent with one hit and without efforts"

Also you're wrong. Boros required more than one punch for Saitama to beat him (and saying he could've one shot him if he didn't hold back is a baseless assumption)

Lastly, you keep getting upset people are "making assumptions" on Saitama's limit yet you said "and this couldn't change because for his character he will nerver shown his real power." How do you know Saitama won't get beaten in the next chapter? There is once again no proof he'll always stay undefeated.

Ryukama said:
"It's quite different for Dora, you are fallen in logic fallacities"You're the one using Burden of Proof and Argument by assertion falacies. And if you're accusing me of using false equivalence I'll explain why that's not the case in a bit.
"your comparison isn't right first of all Dora isn't mean to be strong by its cartoons."

Well my interpretation of Dora is that she is. And there is just as much proof supporting my interpretation as there is of the "Saitama was meant to beat anyone" statement. Where's your proof that that was the "meaning" of his character?

"The meaning of is cartoons is totally diffrent and second why dora should be unbeatable?"

How ironic another fallacy from you. This time being special pleading. How does the fact that Dora is a cartoon change the fact that she has never been beaten. Also Dora has never been beaten by Swiper or the forces of nature that get in her way.

"just because he did't die? but he never showned a fight so there is no point!"

Dora has never even really been challenged either. If we are gonna say Saitama is unbeatable since no one defeated him then why not say the same for her?

"Do I have to repeat my self? It's not that he has no limits, maybe yes we don't know, the point is that whatever moster he fight he will always strike them with one punch because otherways he would not be One-punch-man"

You are the one arguing he can't be used for VS matches since "Saitama is a parody character that is designed to kill every singol opponent with one hit and without efforts"

Also you're wrong. Boros required more than one punch for Saitama to beat him (and saying he could've one shot him if he didn't hold back is a baseless assumption)

Lastly, you keep getting upset people are "making assumptions" on Saitama's limit yet you said "and this couldn't change because for his character he will nerver shown his real power." How do you know Saitama won't get beaten in the next chapter? There is once again no proof he'll always stay undefeated.
I want say one last time : I didn't say that he is unbeatable! I said that in his ANIME,MANGA,WEBCOMIC he will nerver shown his real power because anyway it would not be One-Punch-Man, so when we take him form his universe i noticed that we don't take him but the stronger enemy so far. So my question is what sense has take Saitama vs other if then we are not taking Saitama..?

This is my point, i didn't said he has limitless, maybe we don't know. The argument of boros is stupid because also if he would be limitless he can however control his stregnth and don't kill a human with a punch. Being strong doesn't mean that others are weak. At the end boros was however killed with one punch, a stronger punch but with a punch.

He will nerver shown his real power in the anime/manga/webcomic becasue the meaning of his stroy is that he will always being bored with his fight, he is not going to feal anything, his meaning his totally different form other shonen, it's clearly that i don't have to prove also becasue it's impossible to prove, but it's like to say that the meaning of superman it's not to chose between good or evil or the meaning of dragonball it's not to improve always to break ours limit, it's not my personal interpretation it's a fact, if you don't get it i can't explain to a colorblind what is red.

Also if he was a 3-A there's no way Boros should've been able to hold his own against Saitama in the slightest which he did (even if Saitama was holding back). Also why would Saitama have a "serious series" where he puts effort into his strikes if those should be literally effortless if he has infinite power?

Boros said it wasn't even a fight. Saitama pretended to fight. And he never put effort to one of his attacks. He also has great control over his power. He never killed a human with a punch. While its not clear he still can be high 3-A

PancakeExterminator said:
Boros said it wasn't even a fight. Saitama pretended to fight. And he never put effort to one of his attacks. He also has great control over his power. He never killed a human with a punch. While its not clear he still can be high 3-A
How do you know he is refering to Saitama's Serious Series or the casual Saitama before it? His line could perfectly be meaning that he believed to be on equal footing to Saitama, yet once he went slightly serious he one-shotted him.

"I mean Saitama is a parody character that is designed to kill every singol opponent with one hit and without efforts, in all his story he will never show his true force because if it will, the same meaning of OMP will be lost"

How can you blame people for thinking you said Saitama is limitless?

"He will nerver shown his real power in the anime/manga/webcomic becasue the meaning of his stroy is that he will always being bored with his fight"

You once again have no proof that that is the meaning of the show and not your interpretation. Or else Dora being unbeatable is my interpretation.

"if you don't get it i can't explain to a colorblind what is red."

Another Argument from Assertion. You saying that your interpretation is fact doesn't make it such. Or else prove to me that Saitama is meant to be unbeatable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back