• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think people really seem to overplay the "Saitama is super casual" aspect in these Vs threads, and then go off and act like his opponents would start off with their absolute best attack" despite both bein in character but willing to kill.

Naruto is going to start with something more cost effective, you don't start out with your big shit, cause if that FAILS...then you've wasted a bunch of your energy for nothing. (Granted if he KNEW beforehand how durable Saitama is then yeah, but he doesnt) I'd argue by the time Naruto would realize Saitama can tank most of his less powerful stuff, Saitama would realize Naruto is capable of some fairly powerful stuff as well, he's not dumb. Plus...Saitama has speed advantage.

I also have to give this to Saitama based off of his speed. Look at how he was toying around with Genos not even getting hit because he didn't want to ruin his outfit. Naruto has some amazing attacks, but like others have mentioned I very highly doubt he'd start off with it, and by the time he does use it Saitama would be able to dodge.

I'd argue that not wanting to get his outfit ruined would give him reason to NOT tank any attacks that arent simple blunt force.

Let's also remember Saitama has sub relativisitic reaction speeds, I'd argue that the moment Saitama starts feeling pain from an attack strong enough to kill, him, he's going to get away from FAST...and given his combat/travel and reaction speed are ALL the same, I have no doubt he'd be able to get out of harm if he did indeed get hit by something strong enough to actually hurt him.

Saitama's speed advantage would allow him to throw thousands if not hundereds of thousands punches before Naruto could react; so this fight is mearly a case of how many of Saitama's punches could Naruto take before he is pulp and can Saitama deliver that many.

Delta3000 said:
Saitama's speed advantage would allow him to throw thousands if not hundereds of thousands punches before Naruto could react; so this fight is mearly a case of how many of Saitama's punches could Naruto take before he is pulp and can Saitama deliver that many.
What? Naruto is MHS+ and Saitama is sub rel.

He is several times faster, that's it, lol.

Sub rel+; At the speeds we are using several times faster is a speed gap of approximatly mach 40000, so yeah Naruto is going to get punched alot is all i'm trying to say.

Saitama's AP is from so far rather casual punches that he could easily do dozen if not hundreds of times consecutively. (Consecutive Normal Punches) Naruto's AP is from his best moves that use up a huge amount of chakra, and while Naruto has an IMMENSE amount of chakra, it is not infinite.

I would argue that since Saitama has sub relativistic+ reaction speed, if he in-character tanked a multi continental or planet tier attack, I dont see him realizing "Oh shit Im gonna die" too late and NOT get away from it. He's gonna feel that pain very quickly. Just because he has yet to feel pain in his series so far doesn't mean he can't feel lit if an attack was capable of hurting or killing him. Again speed advantage is massive.

Now if Naruto were to throw out a large planet or Star level attack, and Saitama tried to tank it being incharacter, unless he could easily SEE that this attack is of such a level, than yes I could see him dying before its too late to get away. But....Naruto has no such attack.

uhmm question, why does everyone say Saitama doesn't blitz in character? blitz is when you attack (attack first) someone superfast they can't retaliate right? didn't he blitz vaccine man? and mosquito girl too. and in a way Sea king. He definitely blitzed BOros (telemarketer pun), and groribas and the undergound king and the underworld king, seafolk#1, that kombu monster, the cycada nymph, the plum monster, the fan monster, the spider monster. in comic he blitzed rover and evil water. For humans he blitzed sonic (counter-blitz if you may), both of his fights in the tourna, Genos when he got serious.

Also Saitama in character doesn't just stand and tank. he blocks attacks from bladed weapons, and evade air slashes or blast type attacks, (beast king, genos) even on the fight against boros he was never (explicitly) shown to be in contact with his energy blast. He only tanks punches or projectiles, and in some cases he does a basic block.

anyway having said that Naruto still takes this 5-C vs 6-A is a huge gap. and Saitama's only advantage is his speed.

does Saitama have his serious punch ? if he does then maybe him. but for now Naruto.

edit: i've just read the meaning of blitz, it's when you can attack multiple times and the enemy couldn't even land a hit right? then sample of Saitama blitzing would be Sonic, and Genos, both humans, and Garou and Boros once Saitama decided to actually fight.

edit edit: standard vs assumption is in character but willing to kill right? then it's probably a blitz in favor of Saitama. In character Saitama gets annoyed by flashy or talkative opponents and blitzes them (vaccine man, Sea king, Boros).

My vote on caped-baldy

Bleuburd said:
edit edit: standard vs assumption is in character but willing to kill right? then it's probably a blitz in favor of Saitama. In character Saitama gets annoyed by flashy or talkative opponents and blitzes them (vaccine man, Sea king, Boros).

My vote on caped-baldy
yeah Naruto can get very talky.

Naruto doesnt talk, Naruto brainwashes his opponents through his mind manipulation technique (TnJ).

AquaWaifu said:
Bleuburd said:

My vote on caped-baldy
yeah Naruto can get very talky.
Your argument falls apart because Naruto wouldn't have anything to talk to Saitama about. They don't even know one another.

why is it that the argument "but he doesn't kill on character" apply to Saitama but not to Naruto? last I check Saitama has the higher kill count. I know Naruto has the advantage in this fight. strong fast character vs stronger hax character, but still if you're going to apply logic then apply it to both.

Its less "he doesn't kill in character" as much as "he doesn't immediately kill his opponents first thing without letting them talk or try to hit him"

Still, I'd say Saitama wins this, mainly due to the huge gap in speed. Naruto's hax aren't as haxy as others, with the TsB and Rasegan both requiring contact with the opponent, and while Saitama might stay still long enough to let it hit him a bit, the moment he realises its actually damaging him, he's going to get away fast, then immediately take down Naruto

Saitama actually avoids killing humans or is at least more merciful to them so he would just beat Naruto into submission like he did with Garou.

Monarch Laciel said:
Its less "he doesn't kill in character" as much as "he doesn't immediately kill his opponents first thing without letting them talk or try to hit him"
Still, I'd say Saitama wins this, mainly due to the huge gap in speed. Naruto's hax aren't as haxy as others, with the TsB and Rasegan both requiring contact with the opponent, and while Saitama might stay still long enough to let it hit him a bit, the moment he realises its actually damaging him, he's going to get away fast, then immediately take down Naruto
exactly.

Delta3000 said:
Saitama actually avoids killing humans or is at least more merciful to them so he would just beat Naruto into submission like he did with Garou.

this is a vs battle, that point is ignored here to an extent

Monarch Laciel said:
I would argue he'd fight even more cause the prospect of actually taking damage would give hi a bit of excitement.

@Aqua waifu its possible, and probably likely that Saitama would want to have a good fight with Naruto once he sees that the TSB or Rasengan can hurt him and not end it immediately. But he still wants to WIN. And with the speed gap, Naruto is not going to be able to land a lethal blow. He might damage Saitama's arm or his leg or his side. But if TSB goes for his heart/brain/lung/other vital organ, Saitama is going to dodge it easily.

Monarch Laciel said:
@Aqua waifu its possible, and probably likely that Saitama would want to have a good fight with Naruto once he sees that the TSB or Rasengan can hurt him and not end it immediately. But he still wants to WIN. And with the speed gap, Naruto is not going to be able to land a lethal blow. He might damage Saitama's arm or his leg or his side. But if TSB goes for his heart/brain/lung/other vital organ, Saitama is going to dodge it easily.

Thats exactly why him getting excited would good for Saitama in this fight

Yeah, I'm still standing by Naruto. Saitama never fought someone as tricky as Naruto. He may be FASTER, but Naruto fooled the likes of Pain, Kaguya, and formulated plans to defeat an undead juggernaut. Not to mention, the Rasenshuriken is massively deceptive. You dodge it and it can explode, which could probably catch Saitama off guard. Sure, Saitama is faster than Naruto, but his nature in holding back gives Naruto thousands of opportunities to set up his tricks and ninja magic, especially with his Substitution, Shadow Clones, and even transforming _into_ Rasenshuriken to deceive the opponent.

Basically, what I'm saying is Saitama could most likely one shot Naruto, but it's just that Naruto doesn't use speed to avoid and evade. While Saitama _thinks_ he punched Naruto (which would be a clone), Naruto could be a few miles away tossing Rasenshurikens. Hell, Saitama has no detection abilities, and from what I saw he got _tired_ from running around a city all day looking for crime. It wouldn't be a head to head brawl as many people think it would be. And Rasenshuriken isn't a simple technique; Saitama can't regenerate, and the miniature wind blades are bound to damage muscle tissue.

GoldTempest said:
Yeah, I'm still standing by Naruto. Saitama never fought someone as tricky as Naruto. He may be FASTER, but Naruto fooled the likes of Pain, Kaguya, and formulated plans to defeat an undead juggernaut. Not to mention, the Rasenshuriken is massively deceptive. You dodge it and it can explode, which could probably catch Saitama off guard. Sure, Saitama is faster than Naruto, but his nature in holding back gives Naruto thousands of opportunities to set up his tricks and ninja magic, especially with his Substitution, Shadow Clones, and even transforming _into_ Rasenshuriken to deceive the opponent.
Basically, what I'm saying is Saitama could most likely one shot Naruto, but it's just that Naruto doesn't use speed to avoid and evade. While Saitama _thinks_ he punched Naruto (which would be a clone), Naruto could be a few miles away tossing Rasenshurikens. Hell, Saitama has no detection abilities, and from what I saw he got _tired_ from running around a city all day looking for crime. It wouldn't be a head to head brawl as many people think it would be. And Rasenshuriken isn't a simple technique; Saitama can't regenerate, and the miniature wind blades are bound to damage muscle tissue.

him getting tired was a GAG...unless you think he couldnt hit or even successfully spray a simple mosquito despite having subrelativistic+ SPEEDS. Plus his speed would allow him to easily outrun Rasenshuriken's explosion.

GoldTempest said:

You're greatly underestimating Saitama's actual combat ability, the last person who thought that got his head punched in (Garou). He's not a noob when it comes to actual battle strategies, he just doesn't get the chance to show it off. Now Garou is a master martial artist and actually relied on his tactics and techniques rather than his brute force, but Saitama still played him, a Master Martial artist outplayed by an amateur. I mean, we're talking about someone who defeated a monster with a necktie here (the huge strength gap overcome by the most ridiculous battle tactic).

And also enough with this holding back thing, you've already nerfed him 1 tier lower and now you're trying to remove his only advantage by saying he doesn't attack or evade in character. Doesn't blitz in character? Tell that to Beast King. If i use the same argument against Naruto do you really think he'll use as much as a rasengan against a baldy who couldn't even use chakra? He couldn't even kill a mass murderer like Obito. An in Character Saitama only means that he won't Serious punch someone right of the bat or shockwave punch their balls or use a hostage or something,.

Cropfist said:
The difference in speed is irrelevant. Saitama still won't blitz because he simply doesn't blitz in character.

He has blitzed in-character. Or at the very least, he moves with just the right amount of speed to not get touched, which I would consider blitzing. He can easily do that against Naruto.

Naruto has the dc advantage in this situation but however Naruto's most powerful attacks require him to charge up a particular move before using it. Sure he can use the same technique over again but there is a slight interval before he initiates his attack.

Saitama only needs to charge his punches up when doing a serious punch. He can just resort to casual punches instead.

Saitama doing casual punches is far more practical than naruto doing his most powerful attacks to take out Saitama.

Saitama's casual punches are multi-continent level according to his profile. In this debate Saitama is High 6A so basically according to this Saitama's max power is his casual punches.

Anyway if Saitama does enough high 6A punches on naruto that should be enough to wear out naruto's durability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back