• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Saitama Telekinesis Resistance

Phoenks

He/Him
FC/OC VS Battles
Administrator
Short and simple thread.

Saitama was unaffected by Tatsumaki's most effortful attempt at moving him with her telekinesis. [One-Punch Man Manga: Chapter 182]

The wording can probably be changed if people want. This is just the most specific sentence I could give, since some people get upset if something is a bit to vague.

This can either be added to the justification for TK resistance in his "During Training" key, or it can be added as a "greater resistance" in his "Post-Training" key. I'd probably go with post-training, just because I'm unsure if Tatsumaki was really trying in the audio book, plus she could have got stronger since then.

Last edited:
Thought he always has resistance to TK but yeah this is to mean he can resist Tatsumaki's Full Power TK with ease.
it can be added as a "greater resistance" in his "Post-Training" key. I'd probably go with post-training
Yeah, I agree with this too.

Simple enough, I agree. I think "Enhanced/Greater Resistance to Telekinesis" works better than additional justification to his current one

Yep, simple enough. And it should go in the Post-Training key as a greater resistance.

Greater Resistance for his Post-Training works better, as he got much stronger between keys.

Should be noted that it only really seemed to take effect when she tried lifting him. She could still smack him around just fine with telekinetic strikes.

This isn't TK resistance, Tats only lacked enough strength to move Saitama, but his TK was still affecting him.

Should be noted that it only really seemed to take effect when she tried lifting him. She could still smack him around just fine with telekinetic strikes.
Pretty sure she was using air pressure when she blasted him around. I don't think she ever grabbed and threw him with telekinesis directly.

Unless you think she has some non-physical way of physically striking people and throwing them around with her telekinesis.

This isn't TK resistance, Tats only lacked enough strength to move Saitama, but his TK was still affecting him.
Her telekinesis lacks the strength to affect Saitama in any meaningful way. We know this cause she specifically says she would've been able to blast him into space if he provided no resistance. Yet, the most she could do was lift him up a few feet. She mentions him being too heavy, referencing his resistance to her physic attempts at lifting him up.

Unless you are going to make the dumb argument that Saitama is literally as heavy as a moon, I don't see what your argument is here.

Last edited:
Just like any other resistance it would obviously only work with directly affecting Saitama himself with TK. Moving air and using it to push him or using TK in yourself and then moving him around are fair game.

I recall a chart @Qawsedf234 once made about this

Essentially for this occasion, one of the ways to break out of TK is to have both flight and an LS advantage.

EDIT : Wait a second, Saitama already has TK resistance according to that

disagree, Saitama is very heavy and only Boros-sama has the LS to launch him to the moon.
W
20230324_015115.jpg

The idea of Boros becoming some sassy sidekick to Tatsumaki (who may or may not be stronger than her) is really funny to me for some reason.
wait you might be onto something
forget cringe saitatsu shipping, we're gonna have to make a new fanon of Boros and Tatsumaki's wacky misadventures

also since this crt is accepted we're basically just gonna have to wait for the crt grace period

I'd go with greater resistance in the Post-Training key as well, but this looks fine.

tbf with self momentum and superior LS, shouldn't he be able to easily resist it, like how characters with flight cann't be moved or paralised by TK with lower LS?

i'm fine with the greater resistance, just figured i should point this out

tbf with self momentum and superior LS, shouldn't he be able to easily resist it, like how characters with flight cann't be moved or paralised by TK with lower LS?

i'm fine with the greater resistance, just figured i should point this out
This might sound weird but it doesn't look like Saitama resists her TK with superior lifting strength. It's like he is resisting it because he is Saitama, so to speak. Tatsumaki notes that Saitama is heavy despite being only 70kg.

This might sound weird but it doesn't look like Saitama resists her TK with superior lifting strength. It's like he is resisting it because he is Saitama, so to speak. Tatsumaki notes that Saitama is heavy despite being only 70kg.
that does make sense tbh, though since saitama casually does most stuff, perhaps he could be pushing down without visibly doing it, that way Tatsu would think he is pretty heavy

though yeah i aslo think that might be headcanony and hard to think since, while he does stuff casually, he rarely does any movements while appearing to stand still besides blitzes so yeah, Tatsu thinking he is too heavy might mean a resistance

There's only a few scans, you can probably judge them.
0180-013.png
0180-014.png

Saitama is letting Tatsumaki lift himself without providing any physical resistances. He doesn't seem to resist her TK with lifting strength.

oh yeah, i thought it was a novel thingy or from a audiobook, yeah he definitely looks like he is not even fighting back, hell, he finds it fun that he is floating so i doubt he is actively pushing against it

this is a case where the character IS affected by the hax, but also resists it's effects, is kinda like, say, character A being time stopped and then moving in it when he wants vs character B moving without being frozen in the first place, both should get resistances

also, i think i remember saitama's resistances working better when he actually tries to resist them? like, i can't remember it but i think he has ignored stuff better when he was serious?

this is a case where the character IS affected by the hax, but also resists it's effects, is kinda like, say, character A being time stopped and then moving in it when he wants vs character B moving without being frozen in the first place, both should get resistances
Yeah, either way, it doesn't look like it's a resistance via lifting strength.
also, i think i remember saitama's resistances working better when he actually tries to resist them? like, i can't remember it but i think he has ignored stuff better when he was serious?
There's only been a few times when he's up against telekinesis but I don't recall well. Though, what is expected is that if he is serious and wants to he can just break free of her TK right away.

Someone should just add the greater resistance to his profile.

Back