• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Saitama Should Be Planet Level

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew_Schroeder

VS Battles
Retired
Garou has just been upgraded to Small Planet level+ following the release of the latest One Punch Man chapter and his newest feat. Most notably, the currently accepted calculation puts Garou's Attack Potency at 1.6128177e+32 joules or 38.583 Zettatons. One look at the Attack Potency page and you'll find out that Planet level proper starts out at 2.48700e+32 Joules or 59.44 Zettatons, which is only roughly 1.54 times higher than Garou's current feat.

Saitama understandably destroyed Garou without even trying - Without busting out any "Serious" Move or even without any killing intent. Saitama simply used his "Consecutive Normal Punches", where each individual blow out of the countless that he delivered to Garou is much stronger than Garou's own "Extreme Power Attack" which yielded his new tier. Even at its most lowballed interpretation, it is impossible for Saitama to be less than twice as strong as Garou. In fact, Garou is overwhelmed by Saitama despite having twice as many fists to exert his strength with.

Couple all of this with Saitama's own statement from a few chapters back that he could obliterate the whole planet whenever he feels like and we have a pretty solid case for why Saitama should just be Planet level. Not "Possibly" Planet level or "Likely" Planet level, just straight up.

Everything else is just being biased against what's been shown and stated in the series. I understand that Saitama Wank is super annoying but VSBW has a tendency to veer off in the complete opposite direction.

Couple all of this with Saitama's own statement from a few chapters back that he could obliterate the whole planet whenever he feels like and we have a pretty solid case for why Saitama should just be Planet level. Not "Possibly" Planet level or "Likely" Planet level, just straight up.
So you really don’t want “possibly” or “likely” 😏

I would’ve agreed for possibly if that wasnt the case, but I’m still heavily inclined to agree now but I’m neutral

Before this there was a case made for possibly Planet level via Saitama saying he'll destroy the Earth and Murata's statement. While both are pretty flimsy pieces of evidence on their own, we now have Saitama thrashing a nearly Planet level character, without any of his special moves (which are still him holding back) and explicitly holding back enough to not kill Garou. Saitama should 100% be planet level.

I agree with this
As stated above, even low balling saitama wouldn't yield any less than 2× of what garou is capable of
Now we wait for when opposers will try and nuke the calc XD

This is double standards
and the gap of 1.54X is too much to upscale a character so far as the standards is.

And a low 5-B character would destroy a planet quite easily also. So saitama statements does not really change anything.

There have been other one shot scenario of gaps like 1.2x or 1.15x and the upgrade was denied cause the gap is much more than the upscale standards allows for.
Why should this be any different?

I think
At least 5-B, likely higher
is a more suitable tier since Saitama is basically no-selling Garou and we all know that he's not even close to his full power

Why not just "At least Low 5-B"?

Isn't that also valid for everything that has been posted here?

The 1.54x is a bit too much to upscale due to our standards, which sucks.

Buuuut, he already has a few statements here and there, and his fight with Garou should be massive supporting evidence.

I agree with flat out Planet Level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back