• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Saint Seiya Revision and "Questioning"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Matthew Schroeder said:
Saga is stronger than Shaka, but not the strongest. Read Episode G, it makes the levels so much more clear. You see stuff like Shion doing something on the level of the Athena Exclamation by himself, and Saga and Aiolos' best feats are there.
Well, Shion did "birth of the universe" things on classic, is it really necessary to understand that Shion and Dohko are incredibly strong? Like I said before, I wont read G NOW, during this debate because of a few rules of mine unless I find it ABSOLUTELY necessary. I will do so, later. Also, I will always take classic above G, maybe thats why I am so stubborn about Aiolos.

Anderson2003 said:
I'll just leave this here.

In that scan the two Saints were equal when they attacked with simple blows. And Aiolia surpasses the speed of Saga in the second blow.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Saga is stronger than Shaka, but not the strongest.
Shaka and Saga are comparable in strength. None is more powerful than the other. Although Shion and Dohko are more powerful than Saga and Shaka.

Lancelot de Cancer said:
In that scan they tied when they attacked with simple blows. And Aiolia surpasses the speed of Saga in the second blow.
Saga faces Aioria WITHOUT HIS CLOTH. And during the first manga of Saint Seiya (which I own), there are several mentions that using one's cloth is a great factor. "I had the impression of being unbeatable" was how Seiya defined it. "You cant underestimate the power of a Saint with his cloth" was what Marin said about Seiya using his own cloth. It is mentioned that Saints get power of cosmo, not their cloth, but that as their cosmo burns more, the cloth gets less heavy and they become stronger. A Cloth is a HUGE atribute of a Saint and Saga manged to face Aioria without his.

Saints can fight Clothless with all of their power. In Assassin, Clothless Aiolos matches Saga + Shura + Deathmask, but that's an AU Aiolos.

Anderson2003 said:
Saga faces Aioria WITHOUT HIS CLOTH. And during the first manga of Saint Seiya (which I own), there are several mentions that using one's cloth is a great factor. "I had the impression of being unbeatable" was how Seiya defined it. "You cant underestimate the power of a Saint with his cloth" was what Marin said about Seiya using his own cloth. It is mentioned that Saints get power of cosmo, not their cloth, but that as their cosmo burns more, the cloth gets less heavy and they become stronger. A Cloth is a HUGE atribute of a Saint and Saga manged to face Aioria without his.
In other occasions the Saints surpass a rival without his Cloth. Hyoga against Camus, Shun against Aphro, Shiryu against Shura, Shiryu against Krishna, etc. Dohko even destroys Crystal Wall of Shion without his Cloth. The combat was not developed, the two Saints only used simple blows at that moment.

Lancelot de Cancer said:
In other occasions the Saints surpass a rival without his Cloth. Hyoga against Camus, Shun against Aphro, Shiryu against Shura, Shiryu against Krishna, etc. Dohko even destroys Crystal Wall of Shion without his Cloth.
First: In the scan, Saga initially hits Aiolia and sends him into the ground with said move, Aiolia mentions not being able to see it. Then, both clash and "their attacks at the speed of light collided in midair, causing a whirldwind". Saga questions if Aioria knows what he is doing, Aioria says that he'll beat Saga and Shaka stops the fight. Both were evenly matched and Saga didnt even use his attacks. I don't know where you got the "surpassed Saga's speed" part from. He only MATCHED Saga's speed, since before he was slower. Aiolia is no push over, he matched Shaka, afterall.

Second: Yes, in other occasions Saints did surpass a rival without his Cloth, but it is still a important factor and this has been noticed tons of times. Why, in said ocasions, would Shiryu remove his Cloth against Deathmask and Seiya to make it ONLY a factor of cosmo if the armor does NOTHING in a battle? Only if it made a battle unfair and gave a significant advantage.

Anderson2003 said:
First: In the scan, Saga initially hits Aiolia and sends him into the ground with said move, Aiolia mentions not being able to see it. Then, both clash and "their attacks at the speed of light collided in midair, causing a whirldwind". Saga questions if Aioria knows what he is doing, Aioria says that he'll beat Saga and Shaka stops the fight. Both were evenly matched and Saga didnt even use his attacks. I don't know where you got the "surpassed Saga's speed" part from. He only MATCHED Saga's speed, since before he was slower. Aiolia is no push over, he matched Shaka, afterall.

Second: Yes, in other occasions Saints did surpass a rival without his Cloth, but it is still a important factor and this has been noticed tons of times. Why, in said ocasions, would Shiryu remove his Cloth against Deathmask and Seiya to make it ONLY a factor of cosmo if the armor does NOTHING in a battle? Only if it made a battle unfair and gave a significant advantage.
Saint Seiya - Chapter 27:
Scene in Portuguese of Brazil
Scene in Spanish
In the first blow, Saga only surprised Aiolia because he did not expect that he was a young Gold Saint, the true Kyoko (Shion) was a 200-year-old man (Aiolia at that moment discovers that his rival is not an old man). In the second blow, Aiolia surpasses the speed of the blow of Saga, even intercepts his blow without any problem (and Saga attacked Aiolia first). The fight between Saga and Aiolia was just a simple exchange of blows. In a real fight the two Gold Saints would have a "War of a Thousand Days" (Saintia Sho stages 25, 27 and 29).

The important in the universe of SS is the cosmos of the character, not the armor. In many battles the Saints surpass their rival with inferior armor or without armor in their bodies. He not having an armor only makes them more vulnerable to receiving mortal damage by the adversary, but even without armor they resist the attacks of the rival.

Is this discussion leading anywhere, or has it been derailed?

In my opinion this discussion is derailed in a debate of power-levels of Gold Saints.

The fans of Geminis or Virgo always turn a topic into a discussion of power-levels of Gold Saints. It is common in all forums of Saint Seiya in spanish, portuguese, french, english, etc.

Okay. So should we close this thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back