• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Saint Seiya Discussion Thread (IV)

ND is the single worst shonen manga I’ve ever read and I don’t see the next volume changing that. I can’t wait for it to finish, and no, I don’t want another arc unless it’s already been completely written from start to finish and Kurumada has another artist draw it for consistent releases.
That's because you haven't seen how bad the Saint Seiya anime has become, from the first seasons until the beginning it's so bad it makes me sleepy, the best arc in the anime is the Hades Saga that saves

But ND is being better than the anime itself, apart from the Hades saga.

ND is the single worst shonen manga I’ve ever read and I don’t see the next volume changing that. I can’t wait for it to finish, and no, I don’t want another arc unless it’s already been completely written from start to finish and Kurumada has another artist draw it for consistent releases.
tbh Kurumada has had the Heaven chapter in mind since the 90s and we even got a movie with some hints of it so he probably has a majority of the plot points already down

That's because you haven't seen how bad the Saint Seiya anime has become, from the first seasons until the beginning it's so bad it makes me sleepy, the best arc in the anime is the Hades Saga that saves

But ND is being better than the anime itself, apart from the Hades saga.
The Asgard arc is probably the best tbh. Hades has hype but the animation isn’t as good. And the very beginning was also good, Shiryu vs seiya was memorable

The Asgard arc is probably the best tbh. Hades has hype but the animation isn’t as good. And the very beginning was also good, Shiryu vs seiya was memorable
Asgard it has beautiful animation, Hades was very animated and had a very good script, i simply loved seeing Seiya Thanatos and Shaka's fight, the opening of the Hades saga is unforgettable

I feel like ND is this odd mix of rushed and slow paced. Like he had a million ideas for world building, but shoved them in only a few chapters to "Have them out there"

Off the top of my head, Low 2-C via anime having a hell of a lot more 7th sense = Big bang stuff, and 4544477233c via Camus no scoping hyogas mom. The speed calc is a rough one I did a while back, not totally sure atm if it’s right. Context is that Camus made a beam cross 1040 LY in about 8 seconds.

why's it on his AP justification then? it should be a speed feat for god tiers instead
Manga god tiers are infinite alr, and in the manga it’s a nigh infinite speed feat. But in the anime, it’s a finite speed feat which could apply to anyone on clothless saoris level

Yes, Zeus will appear in the next chapters, that's making me excited.
Seiya still seems to be in a wheelchair, i hope they get him out of it and they fight Artemis and Apollo first before encountering Zeus in Heaven

Can’t wait for another sanctuary arc with a different faction of child soldiers
i mean tbf the actual sanctuary is probably inspired by the 12 Olympian Houses in the sky. So we'll just see the "original" sanctuary arc that Kurumada had in mind since the 90s

i mean tbf the actual sanctuary is probably inspired by the 12 Olympian Houses in the sky. So we'll just see the "original" sanctuary arc that Kurumada had in mind since the 90s
It would be cool to see the bronzes run through 8 Olympians (obviously Athena, Poseidon, Hades wouldn’t be there and Zeus would likely be at the end).

We did see something similar in G with the Titans, seeing it with the Olympians would be both interesting and repetitive.

It would be cool to see the bronzes run through 8 Olympians (obviously Athena, Poseidon, Hades wouldn’t be there and Zeus would likely be at the end).

We did see something similar in G with the Titans, seeing it with the Olympians would be both interesting and repetitive.
Poseidon and Hades need to get their lazy ass together and help this time

Back