• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Saint of Killers VS Cain

Cain blitzes before Saint can fire off a single round.

RIP interesting matchup.

MrKingOfNegativity said:
Cain blitzes before Saint can fire off a single round.

RIP interesting matchup.
Well, it's possible that Saint is fast as Death itself. Anyway, in case of speedblitz, consider equalized speed.

In that case, I'd say Saint takes it with mid difficulty.

Both characters can one-shot here. Saint can do so with his guns since they work similarly to the First Blade, while Cain can do so with both the First Blade and his Smiting ability. (Both of which have been shown to kill immortals, angels and demons alike) However, Cain needs to be within melee range in order for his Blade and Smiting powers to work, whereas Saint's guns not only outstrip his range by miles, but also have the explicit power to never miss, never run out of ammo, never jam and never misfire. Cain's best powers (Reality Warping, Soul Manipulation, Teleportation and Possession) aren't things he really uses in combat, and as far as IC behavior goes, he's probably not going to see a pair of Colt revolvers as a genuine threat until he's already been shot dead with them.

Also, this is unrelated, but the fact that Cain's range section says 'Small Building level' is making my eye twitch.

/\ Me too.

SoK should take this per @MrKing reasoning. It's a matter of range, and which the Saint greatly outclasses Cain.

Not only that, but the Saint was shown to kill people by merely looking at them.

EliminatorVenom said:
Not only that, but the Saint was shown to kill people by merely looking at them.
Don't remember that.

Do remember the Saint "killing" tanks with his bullets though.

The thing is: can they really kill each other?

Cain's Mark doesn't give him immortality on a conceptual level?

And The Saint is immortal too. However I don't know the level. Anyway, the Saint can kill everything.

Btoh, Cain can't be killed by anything.

The First Blade, a literal 'can kill everything' weapon, is the only thing in-series that can kill Cain. Given how both it and Cain's Smiting powers have been shown instakilling immortal characters of every kind, they should work on the Saint as well.

Likewise, the Saint's guns are literal 'kill everything' weapons, similar to the First Blade. They even have the power to 'kill' nonliving things such as tanks and helicopters, and I'm almost positive they've been used to shoot down angels before. They should be capable of killing Cain.

The Saint is the literal incarnation of the concept of death, at least from what I remember from Preacher. I may need to double-check that info.

I'm pretty sure the Colts can kill Cain, given that the First Blade, that works under the same premise, can do so. Can the First Blade kill the Saint? Not sure, perhaps? Not too knowledgeable about Supernatural to say anything.

A little late to the party, but who says that The Saint's Colts could kill Cain? Supernatural has it's very own Colt, with the same properties as The Saint's. And as far as we know it wouldn't work on Cain. As it's stated in the show that Bearer of The Mark cannot be killed under any circumstance. They are beyond life and death. Or rather "cursed" with life. I'm thinking Cain has this one in the bag. Certainly an interesting match up otherwise.

The Saint's Colts are made from the melted-down sword of the literal Angel of Death, and are capable of killing every angel in Preacher's verse as well as the Devil himself. All of these beings were "beyond life and death", and he killed them just like any other mook.

Meanwhile, The Colt in Supernatural was used to directly shoot Lucifer in the face and only managed to knock him unconscious for a brief period of time. It's not the same at all.

Right. Let's say that The Saint did manage to gank Cain, out of curiousity, what do you think would happen? I mean would Amara automatically be released, or since she said herself that she's "The original Mark", would she be killed as well? We're assuming that neither Dean nor Lucifer still has The Mark at this point, and Cain was the only bearer.

Oh I was just curious. I wasn't trying to involve in her in the fight. Just trying to picture the fight in my head, and the repercussions therein.

Didn't he go to sleep forever after he did that?

That'd be the funniest thing ever. Guy who basically jumpstarted the apocalypse manages to sit on a throne and sleep through it.

Back