• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ryuko Matoi VS Akira Kongou

Ryuko sync
240px-Akira Kongoh

Battles of the delinquents! Win by Incapacitation or K.O., and In-character. Both start in base form, but can use their strongest forms (Kisaragi and Giant Mode).

How does this go? Please give an explanation while you're at it, instead of just saying "He/she wins".

I was actually thinking about a match between this two a few months back. I'd have to give it to Ryuko since her flight makes her a hard target to deal with, and if I remember correctly Akira was vulnerable to piercing force.

Akira Kongou wins. He's faster (calced from the punch that sent Takeshi on a circumnavigation trip), and also his blows are much stronger than Ryuko's. Flight won't be a problem if they both start out in their strongest forms because Akira is huge.

Oh yeah, there was this thing about Akira KOngou on this site called MillaniumForums, or was it Animevice, that assumes that Akira's attacks are Sub Relativisic.

Ah, good times...good times....

WeeklyBattles said:
If the speed different is that big wouldn't this be a stomp? Unless speed is equalized...
Well, his DC/dura is a bit lower, but yeah, Ryuko isn't taking two Double Hammers to the face.

WeeklyBattles said:
How often does lifting strength play a factor in a battle though?
Usually against someone who has crap tier durability against physical attacks (e.g. Naruto characters)

Would it play a factor in this fight though? Ryuko's durability and regen are kinda geared towards resisting physical attacks over most other forms of attack.

Well, Akira can throw about 30 times more punches than Ryuko, that's a huuuuge advantage.

I've looked up and she has high-mid regen. She's gonna get smashed so badly by Akira and she won't even be getting hits in. Not to mention that Akira also has regen.

Not by much to make the durability factor matter. What's she gonna do if she gets pasted?

Tivanenk said:
Not by much to make the durability factor matter. What's she gonna do if she gets pasted?
Most likely regenerate assuming he can even deal that much lasting damage to her, seeing as Akira's on the low end of Continent level while Ryuko is on the high end. Akira's main method of combat is with blunt physical attacks correct? Even with Akira's Sub-Relativistic speed, Life Fibers can regenerate at a ridiculously fast rate and will continue to regenerate if they're not cut from both sides simultaneously.

Honestly one good hit from Ryuko would be all she needs to put Akira down.

the AP difference is way less than the speed difference.

while akira is calced at continent level, there are indications for his actual AP to be a lot higher, reaching well into the moon/planet region, as his and his brothers fight caused earths core to destabilize - while none of them had this intended, as well as massive earthquakes and weather disasters around the world.

which is indicated also here

http://z.mfcdn.net/store/manga/5049/12-112.0/compressed/d017.jpg

http://z.mfcdn.net/store/manga/5049/12-113.0/compressed/k003.jpg

and akira himself stabilized the earth with his last attack (which was not even directed at the core itself, but his brother)

http://z.mfcdn.net/store/manga/5049/12-113.0/compressed/k012.jpg

http://z.mfcdn.net/store/manga/5049/12-113.0/compressed/k014.jpg

given that i hardly see much trouble for akira in the DC/AP/Dura part

however the difference in speed is massive between these two

and therefore my vote goes to akira

Raven if i may ask, you could make a thread about it should you want to change his AP. Just saying.

CrossverseCrisis said:
Raven if i may ask, you could make a thread about it should you want to change his AP. Just saying.
i think tivanenk already made a remark about the speed change, instead of opening 2 seperate threads i will give the AP change in his thread once he comes online and opens it. better for understanding i guess?

Ok, let me put it this way (I did a little converting), Akira's Double Hammer Clash yielded 3.75 Petatons, Ryuko busting the hole in the Life Fiber Shield yielded 644 Petatons. That's a preeeeetty big difference.

Hmm, I guess this all boils down to whether Akira has higher AP than Ryuko. If not, I say Ryuko wins with high difficulty.

Also to add to what WeeklyBattles said, that was before Ryüko's final power up in the anime, in which she absorbed the life fibers surrounding the Earth as well as Ragyō's Shinra-Kōketsu, which should have made her quite a bit stronger.

it does not take away the major speed advantage akira has, whereas akira has the potential planet level hype, which, even lowballed to the most extreme is still anything in the multi-continent level.

ofc. we can stick to the mere numbers game, which tells us:

ryu has displayed AP 171 times stronger than akira while still in the same tier

but akira is 27 times faster which is more than enough times into the blitzing range and another tier alltogether

adding the potential hype surrounding akira makes things pretty clear actually

I feel like the continent level is just the bare minimum Akira can be put at, continent+ makes more sense, or maybe even moon level.

Tivanenk said:
I feel like the continent level is just the bare minimum Akira can be put at, continent+ makes more sense, or maybe even moon level.
you can create a thread regarding the AP and speed change

Back