• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ryuko Matoi Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thebluedash said:
We use it for that sometimes I suppose (like this calc). Normally we just use it with j/cm for destructive values.
Just to check, the problem you have is that ten percent may be used for buildings, but for clothing fiber itself, correct?

If I'm reading your question correctly, I believe you're saying I have a problem with 10 percent being used on life fibers because they aren't buildings and if so you're right.

I have no idea what to think anymore With even a ten percent hollowness, Lina 'barely' got moon level Dodo actually has a higher number unless i am blind and reading this wrong.

^ That's because Lina also had differences in other measurements and scaling besides hollowness I believe.

@Ryukama He's pixel scaling, but I'm not sure what he's scaling the pixels to. So no.

I don't know but I think he's scaling how many pixels are taken up by Life Fibers vs how many are taken up by empty space. If that scale is inaccurate then sure thing.

KinkiestSins said:
I have no idea what to think anymore
With even a ten percent hollowness, Lina 'barely' got moon level Dodo actually has a higher number unless i am blind and reading this wrong.
I'm not sure if I understand you, but if you're referring to Dodo's blog on KLK, where he used a lesser hollowness and still got a higher result. It is because he used a different material in his calc then this one (nanofibers).

@Blue Isn't Lina's scaling also different than Dodo's?

BTW so is Dodo's pixel scaling sensible or no?

Alright then. Maybe you can ask Dodo himself or some other Calc Members. 1% is still an option if that scaling isn't good.

Currently I am on holiday (I come back Sunday) and my connections is bad so I will try to explain my reasoning for the 7%: We know that the life fiber structure is not solid, there are several layers between the life fiber vacuum which is much larger than the layers itself. Defining 1% is a good thing when you do not have enough information about the structure except that here it is possible to define the percentage thanks ...... to the layers themselves.

KLKcalculation.jpg

92 px = 100% (entire structure {empty + layers})

7 px = 7.6% (All structure (1 px = 1 barrier Life fiber, they are 7) in life fiber {layer}

Note: I counted the coats only during the feat because later in the fight one can see that there is a lot more layer life fiber

I would not object to the reasoning of Don't talk and Blue if the members disagree

I can accept 5% hollowness. It's lower than mine and Dodo's by quite a bit.

I would like to try calculating the hollowness value in a different way however.

5%, I would prefer lower tbh, we should assume a lower end instead of trying to make it higher.

Also we're going with the KE way correct?

Because imo, the destruction one doesn't make much sense. Just because carbon nanofibers are 15x stronger than steel, it doesn't mean you just multiply the j/cm number and also pulverization is not really justified is it? Nanofiber are still fabric, how can there be fragmenations in the first place? So pulverization isn't really justified. If we're going to calc the destruction, I feel we would have to use a totally different method.

We're going with the KE yes.

However so what then? 3%? Like I've said multiple times I'm fine with 1% if you guys are. Or whichever percentage you guys deem is best.

I guess we can go with that, unless Lina wants to try to find the hollowness himself.

How about this then? Lina tries finding hollowness if he wants to. If he doesn't want to we go with 3%. If his finding isn't accepted, we also use 3%. Is that okay?

So a calculation has been made for the hollowness value. Lower than expected.

Calc 3
Width
Calc 4
Length
Calc 5
Height

Here are the steps I took to finding the hollowness value.

IMG 0164
Step 1
IMG 0163
Step 2
IMG 0162
Step 3

Hollowness value = 4.05e-4

This calculation was a real pain.

Thank you very much for helping out Lina.

If the above calculation is accepted, my entire calc in the OP post need to be re-adjusted to the correct values. This would also mean that no upgrades would likely occur.

It's just finding how much volume that is displayed on screen are covered by actual life fibers in question, which isn't all that much.

Like Ant said, thank you very much for the help.

I did not know that it would be so complicated .... thank you for all your help to all! PS: I hope to resume calculations fast, I come back tomorrow at my house

That is good to hear, although a calculation would have been better in this case instead of a straight up assumption.

Okay. Feel free to update your calculation blog accordingly, if you find the time.

I have made an update to the blog with the newly revised hollowness value for the life fibers. The final yield for the kinetic energy of the feat results in

• 2.324e17 Tons of TNT
No upgrades to Ryuko will be made.

Since this topic has been concluded for the most part, this thread will be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back