• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ryuko Matoi (Kill la Kill) vs Yu Narukami (Persona 4)

In the games, they kill any opponent with one hit, but have shit accuracy In the fighting games, it is an ultimate ability, but it doesnt kill just knocks you out.

I think the highest accuracy skill he has access too without an opponent being weak to it was 50 percent accuracy.

Not really "nulification", it's actually seal the opponent's supernatural power , the opponent who got affected by this ability cannot activates their supernatural power, leaving them no choice but have to fight with their physical strenght

Monarch Laciel said:
Calling Ryuko a life wiper. *shakes head*

Either way, I'll wait for more input on Yu
It is a logical hyperbole I consider anyone High 6-B and above a life wiper for the most part since the asteroid that killed the dinosaurs has high 6-B in ap..

Thats more my perspective then anything else @Weekly Power Null come from his ability to silence other shadows and persona users, I dont think they apply here Unless we do verse equalization

WeeklyBattles said:
@Magi So...it wouldnt work on Ryuko, who primarily uses physical strength?
Yeah... if Life Fiber doesnt have any boosting strenght ability in the middle of the fight then Ryuko should be okay.

@Magi Yes Ryuko has that ability but its not through supernatural means, she just gets stronger the more she gets injured

Well, if Ryuko's primary attack strategy is through physical strenght, she would have some serious problem with Yu's physical Null/absorb Persona

"Power Boost: Possibly another result of Senketsu's evolution, whenever he and Ryuko are on the verge of death, they gain massive boosts to their strength and durability. Ryüko once intentionally cut herself in half in order to take advantage of this ability, allowing her and Senketsu to "reach the peak of their strength.""

For the record, I want to bring this up High 6-A Yu is the one with Izanagi no Okami No Power Null here. Same with OHK http://megamitensei.wikia.com/wiki/Izanagi-no-Okami#Persona_4

He can use other personas obviously with those skills, but I wanted to bring this up out of the sake of being fair (even though I slightly prefer Yu)

He can control the elements, OHK dieties with his Myriad truths in both story and fighting games etc.

Any votes ready to be cast?

KinkiestSins said:
He can use other personas obviously with those skills, but I wanted to bring this up out of the sake of being fair (even though I slightly prefer Yu)
Yeeeeaaaaah.... but once Yu switchs to any absorb/null/reflect physic Persona then there are absolutely no chance for Ryuko

Yeeeeaaaaah.... but once Yu switchs to any absorb/null/reflect physic Persona then there are absolutely no chance for Ryuko

I take it one for Yu then? Izangi is not resistant to physical attacks That said, through power scaling, most of his other high tier personas should be 7-C in power.

Edit: Too make it more fair and not leave room for doubt I will be adding a round two with their 7-C versions.

its a latent ability of whatever persona he has at the moment. its like once he activates one he absorbs or nulliys physical damage

Important to know that goddess wasnt trying until the very end. She had the power to one shot anyone after he used the orb and weakened her. The only thing able to damage her was Izanagi no Okami Round 2 restricts only to Izanagi no Okami with Round 1 allowing all of his personas.

Yeah, most likely. I dont know also how well it will be if round 1 goes to Yu and round 2 goes to Ryuko That would be weird on the profiles lol.

Couldnt Ryuko use Air Slashes toget past physical null?

I dont think any one persona naturally without inheritance nulls/repels/absorbs both physical and wind.

AquaWaifu said:

I dont think any one persona naturally without inheritance nulls/repels/absorbs both physical and wind.
Physical attacks in persona are basically not just punches and kicks

It includes sonic booms, air slashes, even manifestations of limbs.

So no, it would not work.

AquaWaifu said:

As for the second one, yes at least when it comes to resists

Izanagi no Okami resists everything besides curse and bless attacks, which don't apply.

Edit: Also, if he is in danger of one element say wind or ice, he can simply change too a persona who null/reflects/absorbs too in his 7-C form.

Will Yu have access to his other personas or is it just Izanagi? Because this is how I see it.

Just Izanagi: Ryoko

Uses Other Personas: Yu

@Yuki Yu only has Izinagi according to the OP but you gotta give better reasoning than that

@Tevin You gotta give better reasoning than that

Back