• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tony. Smarter, invisibility, illusions, forcefields, offensive energy absorption and AoE vaporization attacks.

Ryuko doesn't have difficulty with invisibility users like Hoka or illusion creators like the fodder other school captains, Iron Man has nothing that specifies that he can just vaporize people regardless of durability with some sort of hax, but how exactly do his illusions work?

Regardless Iron Man's High 6-A calculation, which Xcano pointed out, was extremely weakened by the bomb to the point of near incapacitation and doesn't scale to his normal durability. Yet this calc is over 1.7 times weaker than Ryuko's feat, which she did very casually with no signs of fatigue or exertion. Her main goal wasn't even to perform that feat in the first place rather just get to Ragyo.

So Ryuko while very casual and not really trying is almost twice what Iron Man going completely all out is. And she can get even stronger over time with her boosts, has the High-Mid Regenerationn Tony has to get around and Reactive Evolution to help adapt to Tony's fighting style.

Iron Man has the advantage in versitality and of course intelligence, but Ryuko has a very considerable strength and dura advantage, adaptability to help fight better, Regenerationn to whatever attacks Iron Man might manage to do to her and getting even stronger as a result.

I give it to Ryuko mid difficulty.

Then you clearly did not read my entire argument.

I also brought up how Ryuko has dealt with invisibility users such as Hoka, people who can create illusionary holograms such as that pic (the other school raid captains) are treated as fodder which nearly anyone is able to counter.

Ryuko also has her Mid-High Regenerationn, Reactive Evolution to adapt to new fighting styles or environments, and ability to get stronger over time. All these things I brought up as well.

Not just the strength advantage, which again, if she's completely casually nearly twice the absolute near limit of Tony, is one to consider.

And what exactly is Iron Man doing within that scan?

I don't see what you're saying here, crop?

Ryukama explained that Ryuko's Regenerationn and reactive evolution should allow her to easily deal with Iron Man. Plus all she has to do is land one hit and its over.

I'm going with Ryuko for Ryukama's reasons.

Spider-Man can easily counter invisiblity, yet Iron Man still got him with it.

The scan is him defeating a superior opponent by absorbing the heat in their body and freezing them solid, something regen will not help her against.

So? Invisibility and illusions are still something that no one in KLK besides the lowest people who aren't even bothered be given names struggle with.

And you're assuming Iron Man is going to know he has to do this one obscure moveset in his entire arsenal before this complete stranger he knows nothing about hits him back.

Again, Ryuko while not trying in the slightest, is nearly twice a force that weakened Tony so much he couldn't move his arms. One hit from her and he's going to die.

If that's the case, Crop, then I'll have to side with you on that. Sorry, Ryu. But if Iron Man is smarter (by a lot), can screw with sensing, and can ignore dura, then he should win.

@Cal again, Iron Man's powers of invisibility and illusion making are nothing that Ryuko can't deal with, as such powers have been treated as useless in the past.

Also which model is Iron Man doing that in? That doesn't seem to be the same one as his High 6-A suit. Does this Iron Man used have the same powers?

And Iron Man may have one move that might get him the win, but in character and with standard battle assumptions he's not going to start off with that. At least not before Ryuko at the absolute least gets one hit in, to which Iron Man gets defeated.

The context of that scan seems to imply that man lost his memory from taking a rather heavy beating, which even then Mind Manipulation and Erasing Memories is far from something Ryuko hasn't resisted in the past and what exactly did he do to those people?

But again, if out of the dozens of abilities within Tony's arsenal, yes maybe there are a couple that could defeat her.

However when these people are complete strangers with no prior knowledge, and Tony's character doesn't have him start off with these rare OP abilities of his different suits

Then it is highly unlikely he'll come up with the perfect trick to put her down before she punches him just once, which is all that it'll take for Tony to die.

I don't know what your Biological Manipulation scans are about.

Like Ryu says, it's unlikely he'll think of any good strategy before getting hit once.

ArbitraryNumbers said:
Like Ryu says, it's unlikely he'll think of any good strategy before getting hit once.
Intelligence: Supergenius - level intellect, designed and built all of the devices and armors listed in this profile, world-renowned businessman, skilled battle tactician and strategist

Okay fine. Tony is very, very smart.

But Tony does not have the privilege of being able sit on a comfy chair for hours on end in a non-hostile environment reading Ryuko's VS Battles Wiki profile.

He does not have the privilege to binge watch Kill la Kill and deeply analyze every single demonstration of her power.

He does not have the ability to instantly decipher "Oh yeah! These 3 powers I almost never use will take her down! Everything else won't!"

Maybe it's easy for you or me to come up with a good strategy for Iron Man to win given our positions. But when you are in the middle of combat, and have to come up with these strategies for someone you know nothing about on the spot while having to protect yourself from unforeseen danger, that is something entirely different.

To say that Tony having no clue how Ryuko's powers work, is going to miraculously come up with the single full-proof way to beat her before she punches him in the face once, is extremely unlikely.

Yeah. We can't forget that he's a super genius. The gap between their intel is greater than the gap between their AP. By far.

The real cal howard said:
Yeah. We can't forget that he's a super genius. The gap between their intel is greater than the gap between their AP. By far.
I'm not denying that Tony is very, very smart. Much smarter than Ryuko.

However thinking he has the ability to go over his dozens upon dozens of weapons, armors, powers, skills, etc. find out the select few that will work on her vs all the other ones that will not, despite Tony having no idea how Ryuko's powers work at all,

And do all of this before Ryuko punches him one single time is very, very unlikely.

VS Matches aren't just "Can someone hypothetically beat this person." Rather "Is someone more likely to beat this person under these circumstances." To which I say under standard battle assumptions facing someone who can easily one shot, Tony is less likely to win.

Yeah, there's a certain situation in which Tony very well could beat Ryuko. But is that situation the more likely to occur? I honestly cannot say that to be the case.

Cropfist said:
This same point applies to Ryuko. She does not know how Iron Man is, what his powers are or what he can do. And the armor he nearly died to perform his multi-continental feat? That was Model 45. Logic dictates the used Model 51 should be far stronger. Did I forget to mention how it can also control time, create black holes and absorb kinetic energy? (see Marques Armor section)

doesnt matter, his profile states high 6-A is model 45. we cant use model 51 here since it doesnt have coverage and thus harder for people like me not well versed in Iron man to discuss about fairly.

Cropfist said:
This same point applies to Ryuko. She does not know how Iron Man is, what his powers are or what he can do. And the armor he nearly died to perform his multi-continental feat? That was Model 45. Logic dictates the used Model 51 should be far stronger. Did I forget to mention how it can also control time, create black holes and absorb kinetic energy? (see Marques Armor section)
Model 51 does not have a key on the profile. It is Model 45 which is being used for this match.

Ryuko not knowing Iron Man isn't an issue when her first thing to go for is attacking someone full force. And one laid back hit is enough to kill him. Ryuko doesn't need special tricks or powers to win this like Iron Man does.

She just needs to hit him once, which is more likely to happen before Tony thinks of what he needs to do to win.

It doesn't matter what picture it shows. Using match ups for characters that don't have a profile is not allowed here. Model 45 is the only High 6-A version of Iron Man that is listed on his page, so that is the one that has to be used.

If we are going to restrict Tony to the armor that is barely multi-continent and lacks the hax of his other armors to make up for it then I'm afraid this is a stomp. Since this an anomaly however I will have the issue fixed. It's especially strange for the page to have a picture for the armor and yet no key for it.

It's not an "anomaly." They used the wrong picture for the key meant to be used for the page. Mistakes like that happen some times.

There's no need to create an entirely new key and clutter the page just to have this match, as opposed to just putting in the proper picture.

And it isn't a restriction. It's not having a match for someone who doesn't have a profile. A common rule here and one you've asked me to close threads for doing.

His page has a picture for both models, but a stat column for only one. That does not make sense. Unfortunately without this new key the match is a stomp.

Cropfist said:
His page has a picture for both models, but a stat column for only one. That does not make sense. Unfortunately without this new key the match is a stomp.

Its not a stomp, Iron Man actually has a few ways to win, its just really unlikely. A stomp would be where there'svery little to no chance of winning. that little chance would have to be much less than it is here to be considered a stomp.

His page used the wrong picture for the key they meant to have. That isn't anything mind boggling. The profile made a goof up on the pictures.

Iron Man 51 does not have a key here so his abilities are not applicable to this match. If without this armor it seems to be a stomp, then I don't mind closing this. Especially since the thread seems to be going nowhere.

In this case, Ryuko is casually stronger than a power range Iron Man had to fully exert himself to reach and Tony does not have the hax of his other armors to make up for it. He gets one-shotted.

Ryu, I agree with closing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back