• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SamanPatou

VS Battles
Administrator
During one of his travels around the world, Ryu hears voices about a marvelous warrior that fights with fiery kicks and punches. Could it be possible that his friend Ken was there too? Heading towards the place where this warrior was last seen, Ryu meets a creature he wasn't expecting to see, standing there as if it was waiting for him. Despite the differences between the two, both instinctively knew that the other was looking for a fight.

• Mega Blaziken and SFV-III Ryu are used
  • Speed is equalized
  • Blaziken scales to 1,580 gigatons (2X this), while Ryu scales to 1,285 gigatons and grows higher with the Power of Nothingness
  • The battle takes place in an empty rocky environment
  • They start 5 meters apart

Ryu:
Blaziken: 7 (Rez, Armorchompy, FluffyCreatureZ, XSOULOFCINDERX, GlaceonGamez471, MaidRips, Flowman777)
Inconclusive:

latest
257_f2.png

Last edited:
I would say Blaziken would have both an AP and speed advantage, as even with Speed Equalized, Speed Boost will passively increase Blaziken's speed until he would blitz Ryu

Blaziken can also amp himself with Bulk Up to strengthen his AP and durability

Leaning toward Blaziken, but I'm not sure though what Ryu starts with or his wincons

Their AP could likely be close, Ryu scales to that amount in Base and grows higher with the Power of Nothingness, which he would activate either immediately or not after a lot of time.

His wincons, or at least advantages, should be an arguably higher skill and experience, him being used to fight someone with a similar fighting style (Ken, which Ryu fought countless times), some minor amps and useful defensive moves, some pseudo Flying-type attacks (if we count generating air as such) and the potential deconstructing-Hadoken.

Ryu's Hadoken only caused Bison to get deconstructed after the fight which makes me assume that not all of his Hadoken have that property to them.

I think Blaziken's got a huge advantage in Speed Boost, the longer the fight gets, the faster he gets and that allows him to get the upper hand, which will let him get even faster et cetera et cetera. What are the Instinctive Reaction and Precog on his profile from?

What are the Instinctive Reaction and Precog on his profile from?
Seemingly from this:

• Course Checker: A skill all partners must know, regardless of IQ Group or amount of IQ Points, and exclusive to them. If targeting an enemy, Blaziken will instinctively check for things that will get in the way, and will stop if such an obstacle exists in an effort to conserve stamina.
I might be wrong though

Yes, not all of them should have that effect, and it likely happens or is used only after awhile, but it should still be a thing.

I think Instinctive is for Course Checker, while Precognition should be for Detect, which isn't listed in Blaziken's Techniques list.

Alright, not too effective, then.

I'm thinkin' incon, if Ryu manages to inflict great damage at the beginning he should be able to finish off Blaziken even after his speed ramps up a bit, if Blaziken manages not to get completely mollywhopped he should get the win after Speed Boost starts kicking in.

I think blaziken has the edge here because of sand attack which will lower Ryu's accuracy and will cause him to miss thus allowing blaziken to be capable of outspeeding him via speed boost so voting blaziken

Doesn't Blaziken learn Force Palm at some point? Pretty sure there's a decent chance for Paralysis there, alongside all of his Fire Attacks having the chance to burn Ryu and dealing damage over time. Also, I think can learn Flame Charge right? That's another Speed Boost on top of, well, Speed Boost.

Doesn't Blaziken learn Force Palm at some point? Pretty sure there's a decent chance for Paralysis there, alongside all of his Fire Attacks having the chance to burn Ryu and dealing damage over time. Also, I think can learn Flame Charge right? That's another Speed Boost on top of, well, Speed Boost.
It does learn Flame Charge, but not Force Palm.

If I wasn't clear with this, I'm voting for Blaziken due to it's Sheer Versatility, Amps and ability to cause damage to Ryu over time with Status Effects.

Grace is over.

The battle was as intense as the flames both fighters could unleash. Ryu and Blaziken were worn out by each others powerful and unique attacks, but the Pokémon was the one to deliver a final and extremely fast fiery kick, during which Ryu saw the image of his best friend. And so Ryu's back touched the ground, but he was happy for having had the chance to confront such an unusual and worthy opponent, in a battle that taught him much. On the other side, Blaziken was bewildered by the warrior he had just fought, in the most difficult battle of his life. Despite having a different mentality, the Pokémon's fighting spirit burned with the same intensity of a human, and such was also the satisfaction that came from the victory. Blaziken turned around and jumped away, leaving his opponent resting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back