• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ryo Akiyama revision and some Koh/Sayo upgrades.

Amelia_Lonelyheart

Luckiest Lady in the Land
She/Her
VS Battles
Retired
I apologize for yet another Digimon thread, but I want to post it before these things leave my mind. This will probably be the last one I post for awhile.

Ryo Akiyama
I'll start off with the Ryo Akiyama revision as its pretty long. His current Tier/AP is.

Tier: 10-C | Low 2-C | At least Low 2-C | 10-B | 7-B | High 6-A, possibly 5-B with Sakuyamons power

But I believe it should be changed to the following.

Tier: Low 10-B | Low 2-C | At least Low 2-C, likely 2-A | 7-C | At least High 6-A, likely 5-B

Wonderswan Ryo
And I'll explain why. Having a divider for both his Base appearance in the WS games and Tamers anime is a bit pointless, so I believe merging them into one is a better idea. His stats pre-brave tamer will be left unchanged as I feel that they are accurate, after brave tamer however needs to be changed.

On the actual upgrade, his "At least Low 2-C" comes from the fact that he defeated Millenniummon who has a clear Universe+ feat, but couldn't even hurt Zeed. However, he could hurt Zeed's "VR Digimon" who could in turn, pose a threat to Ryo Akiyama.

Why is this vital? Because they were present during the final battle against Zeed, meaning they could hurt him while he was capable of tanking hits from Zeed. Heres a video of the fight.

Digimon Tamers Ryo
Now that that's out of the way, the reason his 7-B tier should be changed to 7-C is simple. Basically the feat that I assumed was a City feat (Vikaralamon destroying a large portion of Tokyo) was calced to be Town level+ here.

Lastly, Justimon should be changed from "High 6-A" to "At least High 6-A, likely Planet level" scaling off of Gallantmon. He fought by Gallantmons side during the battles against the D-Reaper and was never implied to be that much weaker then Gallantmon or Beelzemon).

Annoyingly, its hard to find Tamer clips online, and I don't have enough time to look through Netflix to find the scans myself. Once I get back I'll post any scans I can find.

Ryo's durability and speed
Not much would really change here, though I believe his Brave Tamer speed should be Massively FTL+ due to fighting Zeed, whose immeasurable.

Koh and Sayo upgrade
So I was looking at footage of "Digimon Story: Super XROS Wars!", which is a Japan only NDS game. I noticed that one of the games optional bosses was Kogure who commanded Ebonwumon (who doesn't have a profile ATM but is on par with Azulongmo and Zhuqiaomo) and a Chronomon Holy Mode.

Link to the video can be found here

What makes this important is that Koh and Sayo are other optional bosses in the game who have higher ranks (Kogure is bronze, Koh is silver and Sayo is gold). This would imply that Koh and Sayo at this point are superior than Chronomon Holy Mode and thus their "End Game" divider should be changed from 3-A to "At least Low 2-C, likely 2-C".

Additionally, I found this on the Digimon wikia.

"In Digimon World Dawn and Dusk, Chronomon Holy Mode is partner to a younger version of Kogure and is fought as the final match of the Legend Tamer Quest. Additionally, when the ChronoCore is defeated, it laments that Chronomon isn't there. "

Source: Here

Sadly, the "Legend Tamer Quest" was only accessible via wifi, and the servers are all down at this point, but I was able to find this grainy video of the fight. The fight starts at around the 7:30 mark.

This would obviously scale to their durability as well.

Summery
In short Ryo Akiyama is changed to 2-A due to fighting powerful VR Digimon, and his City feat was calced to be Town+. He should also powerscale to Gallantmon and Beelzemon due to being on their level.

Koh and Sayo fought a Universal+/Multi-Universal being as a post game final boss that I didn't know about. AFAIK, none of these upgrades would really else to anyone else. If you have any questions or concerns, please mention them below.

1) Wonderswan Ryo's AP seems fine to me (though I find it odd that he would have Justimon already when he doesn't even have Cyberdramon yet).

2) It only makes sense. If Cyberdramon is only comparable to the other Ultimates, then he has to be scaled down. I'm really surprised that his hax never came up though...

3) I have a problem with this. Immeasurable is literally being beyond the concepts of speed, time, and distance. For Ryo to keep up he has to be at least that fast or he'll never have hit Zeed in the first place.

4) Considering the fact that they canoncally tame Chronomon, it only makes sense.

@Repp do you mean our stats or Darks seem fine?

-This Zeed VR digimon, is there a reason it's as powerful as Zeed? I don't follow Digimon so that just sounds odd to me.

-The town level change is fine.

-Eh.. For Justimon I don't think fighting alongside someone and being implied to not be that much weaker results in being upgraded? sounds like a bit of guesswork. So I disagree to that point.

-What Reppuzan said. he'd have to be immeasurable to even land a hit. Can anyone remind me what makes Zeed immeasurable again?

- the Koh and Sayo upgrade seems ok

1) I meant Dark's revisions. It only makes sense that they should be scaled up considering that 1the VR Digimon were explicitly designed to defeat Ryo and ENIAC, the basis for the Digimon Multiverse and Managed to put up a decent fight against endgame Ryo, who goes on to face off against Zeed soon after. They're certainly nowhere near as strong as Zeed himself (considering the fact that they're copies of normal Digimon) but flat 2-A seems fine when it's noted that Zeed is actually Ryo's destined partner (long story) and his other half, meaning that their power should be relatively comparable (despite being unable to hurt him all that much).

Well Ryo is a heck of a lot more experienced and powerful than the other Tamers up to that point. He was also the only one to cut the D-Reaper in half (Gallantmon Crimson Mode and Beelzemon Blast Mode had some trouble blasting a hole in it), albeit after receiving Sakuyamon's power.

Zeed's Immeasurable since he stated to exist beyond all concept of time and space (on his official profile it's stated that he "flies freely through space and time" and is able to reach "all eras and worlds").

And the other Tamers are as powerful as Gallantamon? The possibly for Justimon seems better then the likely and at least being used here, imo.

Also just noticed this, but when the changes here are accepted, whoever goes ahead and does them can you please fix up the wording and grammar on Ryo's profile. IE:Universal level+ to Universe level+, City-level to City level, Standard human level to Average Human level, etc etc.

Oh, and Zeeds immeasurable sounds fine then. although I may not be the best judge as Immeasurable can be quite tricky sometimes

Honestly, Justimon being only High 6-A to 5-B is still pretty weird, since Zeeds power resides within him, but I see your point. Well, he managed to trade blows (albeit ultimately lost) against a D-Reaper agent ("The Horn Striker") who could fight against MegaGargomon, who was depicted as being more or less on Gallantmons level.

LordAizenSama said:
And the other Tamers are as powerful as Gallantamon? The possibly for Justimon seems better then the likely and at least being used here, imo.
Also just noticed this, but when the changes here are accepted, whoever goes ahead and does them can you please fix up the wording and grammar on Ryo's profile. IE:Universal level+ to Universe level+, City-level to City level, Standard human level to Average Human level, etc etc.

Oh, and Zeeds immeasurable sounds fine then. although I may not be the best judge as Immeasurable can be quite tricky sometimes

Yeah, I apologize about Ryo's profile being a mess. It was one of the first profiles I ever made so I wasn't up to date with our standards and terminology.

Darkanine said:
I apologize for yet another Digimon thread, but I want to post it before these things leave my mind. This will probably be the last one I post for awhile.==Ryo Akiyama==
I'll start off with the Ryo Akiyama revision as its pretty long. His current Tier/AP is.

Tier: 10-C | Low 2-C | At least Low 2-C | 10-B | 7-B | High 6-A, possibly 5-B with Sakuyamons power

But I believe it should be changed to the following.

Tier: Low 10-B | Low 2-C | At least Low 2-C, likely 2-A | 7-C | At least High 6-A, likely 5-B

Wonderswan Ryo
And I'll explain why. Having a divider for both his Base appearance in the WS games and Tamers anime is a bit pointless, so I believe merging them into one is a better idea. His stats pre-brave tamer will be left unchanged as I feel that they are accurate, after brave tamer however needs to be changed.

On the actual upgrade, his "At least Low 2-C" comes from the fact that he defeated Millenniummon who has a clear Universe+ feat, but couldn't even hurt Zeed. However, he could hurt Zeed's "VR Digimon" who could in turn, pose a threat to Ryo Akiyama.

Why is this vital? Because they were present during the final battle against Zeed, meaning they could hurt him while he was capable of tanking hits from Zeed. Heres a video of the fight.

Digimon Tamers Ryo
Now that that's out of the way, the reason his 7-B tier should be changed to 7-C is simple. Basically the feat that I assumed was a City feat (Vikaralamon destroying a large portion of Tokyo) was calced to be Town level+ here.

Lastly, Justimon should be changed from "High 6-A" to "At least High 6-A, likely Planet level" scaling off of Gallantmon. He fought by Gallantmons side during the battles against the D-Reaper and was never implied to be that much weaker then Gallantmon or Beelzemon).

Annoyingly, its hard to find Tamer clips online, and I don't have enough time to look through Netflix to find the scans myself. Once I get back I'll post any scans I can find.

Ryo's durability and speed
Not much would really change here, though I believe his Brave Tamer speed should be Massively FTL+ due to fighting Zeed, whose immeasurable.

Koh and Sayo upgrade
So I was looking at footage of "Digimon Story: Super XROS Wars!", which is a Japan only NDS game. I noticed that one of the games optional bosses was Kogure who commanded Ebonwumon (who doesn't have a profile ATM but is on par with Azulongmo and Zhuqiaomo) and a Chronomon Holy Mode.

Link to the video can be found here

What makes this important is that Koh and Sayo are other optional bosses in the game who have higher ranks (Kogure is bronze, Koh is silver and Sayo is gold). This would imply that Koh and Sayo at this point are superior than Chronomon Holy Mode and thus their "End Game" divider should be changed from 3-A to "At least Low 2-C, likely 2-C".

Additionally, I found this on the Digimon wikia.

"In Digimon World Dawn and Dusk, Chronomon Holy Mode is partner to a younger version of Kogure and is fought as the final match of the Legend Tamer Quest. Additionally, when the ChronoCore is defeated, it laments that Chronomon isn't there. "

Source: Here

Sadly, the "Legend Tamer Quest" was only accessible via wifi, and the servers are all down at this point, but I was able to find this grainy video of the fight. The fight starts at around the 7:30 mark.

This would obviously scale to their durability as well.

Summery
In short Ryo Akiyama is changed to 2-A due to fighting powerful VR Digimon, and his City feat was calced to be Town+. He should also powerscale to Gallantmon and Beelzemon due to being on their level.

Koh and Sayo fought a Universal+/Multi-Universal being as a post game final boss that I didn't know about. AFAIK, none of these upgrades would really else to anyone else. If you have any questions or concerns, please mention them below.

Shouldn't the Ryo page include Strikedramon who is from Digimon Tamers: Brave Tamer and is Monodramon confirmed Champion form? Also, the Sayo page is missing Lekismon whom you fight against in the Night Crow Assault Union Quest.

Maybe it would be a better idea to ask the staff directly about this.

Also, Henry, don't quote large walls of text. It annoys the staff, particularly MightyRegulator.

Well, info on the Ryo Akiyama games is very hard to find, I was able to find two fairly detailed sources (TVTropes and Bring Back Yesterday) that helped tremendously, but weren't perfect. Hence why a lot of smaller details such as evolutionary lines were left out. Even if proposed changes don't go through, I'll clean up the page and add a lot more info sooner or later.

Anyway, on the Ryo being Planetary thing. Think of it like this.

If a series has 4 main characters who are all more or less on par with each other, and one gets a Planet tier feat and his two allies scale to it, would it make sense if the fourth character (who fought by his side and was shown to be only slightly weaker then another character who scaled) not also scale to said feat?

Anywho, heres a small list that the Koh/Sayo thing would probably scale too.

-Kuramo

-Minomo

-Imperialdramon PM

It should be noted that the Kuramon and Minomon (and to lesser exent, Imperialdramon PM) were extremely well trained and is clearly not a usual thing in their species, so it wouldn't scale to any of their higher evolved forms.

Reppuzan said:
Maybe it would be a better idea to ask the staff directly about this.
Also, Henry, don't quote large walls of text. It annoys the staff, particularly MightyRegulator.
I don't know how to talk to the Staff. :(

The recent Royal Knights thread made me remember this and I've been meaning to bump this. I feel that most of the updates are justified. Even if they are not to be accepted I would like someone to unlock the Ryo page so I can clean it.

I'll unlock it after I get back from work (which is around 6-ish), so be ready by then I suppose (don't want downplayers and vandals all over it)

Back