• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY: Minor Additions

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is both a minor CRT and minor spoilers for Volume 8.

In the show, there have been two instances of Oz and Salem using magic to change something, the first with the former turning Raven and Qrow into birds, and the second with the latter
creating The Hound which is a Grimm-hybrid.

Thus, I think these examples should give them Transmutation.

Eh it's more like power transferring for oz but Salem should have it as that silver eyed guy's flesh was getting detroyed as you could see his muscles

The former sounds like power bestowal, and the latter sounds a bit more like biological manipulation than transmutation given he’s connected to being a Grimm’s physiology.

The former sounds like power bestowal, and the latter sounds a bit more like biological manipulation than transmutation given he’s connected to being a Grimm’s physiology.
But since Grimm aren't even biological in nature, and to have biological manipulation it has to be organic beings, it seems more fitting for it to be transmutation.

They are biological in nature given their entire physique and the fact they can evolve to gain other body parts at a far faster rate than normal humans. Either way this isn’t transmutation, transmutation would be you turning someone into a toad or a fruit, something completely different with no biological connection at all.

They are biological in nature given their entire physique and the fact they can evolve to gain other body parts at a far faster rate than normal humans. Either way this isn’t transmutation, transmutation would be you turning someone into a toad or a fruit, something completely different with no biological connection at all.
I mean, I already asked before about Grimm being biological and it was determined they're not.

The director commentary of them being able to have their body evolve over time says otherwise. Also void and nothing doesn’t give me much context and sounds like flowery language with no further elaboration, and lacking a soul has nothing to do with your biology. Many fictional characters don’t have souls but they still have a biological form.

The director commentary of them being able to have their body evolve over time says otherwise. Also void and nothing doesn’t give me much context and sounds like flowery language with no further elaboration, and lacking a soul has nothing to do with your biology. Many fictional characters don’t have souls but they still have a biological form.
Do you have the link for them saying their body evolves or gains other parts over time? I believed it was only their intelligence that grew with age.

Anyway, from the description of Grimm, it points more in the direction of them being inorganic or constructs, with the fact that they don't even leave a body after death due to turning into dust.

Last edited:
At the 2:50 mark of this video they talk about them evolving over time.

That still doesn’t really explain how it’s transmutation when the ability is you altering the matter to become something completely different. Salem isn’t altering their matter to a completely different state, she just affects their biology as shown when she helps the Gorilla Grimm to have wings when they didn’t have that prior.

At the 2:50 mark of this video they talk about them evolving over time.

That still doesn’t really explain how it’s transmutation when the ability is you altering the matter to become something completely different. Salem isn’t altering their matter to a completely different state, she just affects their biology as shown when she helps the Gorilla Grimm to have wings when they didn’t have that prior.
All it talks about is how Grimm learn from their experiences which is their intelligence, not the body.

And transmutation is not just altering matter, but beings and objects as well. In the case of The Hound, its a case of forcefully transforming someone into a different state, i.e. a hybrid.

Anyway, I don't think the two of us are going to change each other's minds. Us believing Grimm are organic or not basically dictates whether we believe its transmutation or biological. So, I'm going to try and get input from other people as well if that's okay.

You literally see it’s body evolving with a larger body and more spikes than normal, that’s evolving.

Or it could just be Fusionism instead of transmutation if it’s supposed to be a hybrid of a human and a Grimm.

Well the Grimm liquid is supposed to disintegrating and kill things, but the person inside the hound is (mostly) alive

90% sure the person in the hound is dead, cause we see a corpse and we don’t see anyone from team RWBY trying to save the guy.

Nah he still had flesh and was talking

He died only after he got crushed and in his flesh disintegrated leaving nothing but bone. But he was 100% suffering as the Grimm liquid was probably fused with his flesh and slowly eating away at him

So if his flesh disintegrated like a Grimm did then that means his biological structure changed to a Grimm, meaning it’s biological manipulation.

I'd say it was more bio manip or fusion than it was full-blown transmutation. Transmutation would be more fitting for turning a block of wood into a block of metal I think.

I'd say it was more bio manip or fusion than it was full-blown transmutation. Transmutation would be more fitting for turning a block of wood into a block of metal I think.
Alright then. Since I still think that Grimm are inorganic I guess fusionism works, since Salem is combining a person and Grimm together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back