• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY Gods revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I noticed that very is some questionable statistics on these profiles that should probably be adjusted.

firstly, the God of Light and God of Darkness Have infinite stamina for granting salem immortality, just without the flowery text.

and by no means are the god's nigh omniscient. tricked by salem multiple times and surprised that humanity would attack them.

so these powers should be removed I think.

The fact that they were tricked is the reason why its NIGH omniscient. They are the source of all knowledge and the God of Light created a being who holds all knowledge within her.

nigh omniscient would mean they know almost everything. the fact they get tricked by mere humans automatically throws nigh omniscience out the window. they just know alot, not everything. they are the source of all knowledge since they predate humanity, is all.

she just knows "everything" about the past and present of remnant. or the knowledge the god of light had. depends on what your interpretation of "Everything" is in this context. "Knowing nearly every single thing in the universe" is undoubtedly and factually wrong. or knowing everything about remnant and it's history up until now.

hell the god of light even calls remnant a experiement. why would you perform experiments if you already knew the result? the answer is he isn't nigh omniscient.

This could be a case similar to Pokèmon, where Arceus, despite having proven to be nigh-omniscience, gets tricked by some humans in the movie, which is just bad writing PIS.

Though I'd like to see other people opinion's, and personally I think that the standards for "Nigh-Omniscience" vary from verse to verse.

I think pokemon is a lot more concrete than RWBY which is saying something considering how inconsistent pokemon can be, (that Arceus movie is a abomination)

It's also the creator god of the verse so it's kinda expected that it would know everything.

Pokémon is pretty inconsistent across the different medias, especially about the CT. But that's not the point of this discussion.

That's why they're Nigh-Omniscient, as they don't know the future, but only past and present. Which also means they can get tricked as they don't have knowledge of the future. And "everything" means everything, especially when it's not contradicted.

The experiment thing? I don't see your point. He doesn't know about the future, so he obviously can't know how will his "experiment" go.

Does he know everything in the universe or just what's happening on the planet?.

Two different things.

Since when does creating something that holds a lot of knowledge mean that the creator also has to possess the exact same amount of knowledge?

Creators aren't necessarily always superior to their creations in all respects.

LordGriffin1000 said:
Does he know everything in the universe or just what's happening on the planet?.
Two different things.
He never showed either, he made a djin that knew everything in the past and present.

He shows to not know everything in the past and preseent when he is surprised that Salem betrayed em, despite taking months to amass an army.

elDamage3245 said:
Since when does creating something that holds a lot of knowledge mean that the creator also has to possess the exact same amount of knowledge?
Creators aren't necessarily always superior to their creations in all respects.
that aswell.

Why would either be getting removed?

Might want to message Dargoo as he's the one who gave them those

since the person who edited the page thinks it should be removed i'll change it to unknown in a bit, seeing as no1 cares about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back