• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY downgrades?

Somebody should probably create a staff forum topic about the greater issue. However, characters such as Storm (Marvel Comics) would have to be heavily downgraded if we count all weather-affecting feats as inapplicable for focused combat purposes.

CinCameron20 said:
if there are no objections, i will happily apply the downgrades to Low 7-C.
If the staff agree to it, then I suppose you can go ahead and do it.

@Blue. Looks like we're gonna start a staff discussion on this topic soon, so we should probably hold off on the downgrade until the verdict there is reached.

Could some staff member post my opinion on this thread on my behalf?

It is as follows:

Would it not be best to rate it as merely environmental destruction or legit attack potency on a case by case basis depending on how energies in a verse work or how a certain character can use the energy spent to unleash environmental destruction for attack purposes? For example, if a character can create a storm merely via hax or create a storm but not be able to use such energy output in normal attacks, it should not scale to their AP. But say a character creates storm-like conditions but can also use the energy put out to create said storm in normal AP, then it should scale.

Examples:

(1) A character alters weather via some magical spell but cannot use that kind of energy for normal AP purposes. Phantom Lord arc Juvia from Fairy Tail is a good example. When depressed, she can make it rain. But she can't use that kind of power for normal AP.

(2) A character puts out certain energy from their own "aura" to create blizzard-like conditions. Said energy can also be focused by the character for normal AP. Toshiro Hitsugaya from Bleach is a good example. His reiatsu itself can unleash blizzard-like conditions over a city sized area. Such reiatsu can also be focused into his sword and used for attack (as we have seen Kenpachi Zaraki and Ichigo Kurosaki do with their own reiatsu). It should thus scale to his normal AP.

Note: This is just my humble opinion. If even one staff member who has knowledge & experience with this stuff disagrees with anything I've said here, I will concede and won't bother you all again.

@Ant - a lot of people are suggesting things such as hurricanes or something to that affect scaling to AP, which is fine, but creating a thunderstorm or a snowstorm is completely different, as the energy used to create the storm is not being applied in combat.

Lightning bolts from a storm are only carrying a small amount of energy as compared to the energy required to make the storm itself.

In cases where someone makes a tornado or a hurricane, i would agree that the AP scales to that.

Back