• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Runescape World Guardian (Player Character) Speed Upgrade

Right now, the World Guardian's speed has them at superhuman most of the time, transonic because one of their attacks is a sound wave, and hypersonic in short bursts because they can move fast enough to catch fire.
I think an upgrade or an addition of massively hypersonic is in order because the World Guardian has multiple lightning timing feats, and putting their speed at massively hypersonic would put them in line with the other lightning timers on this wiki

Lightning timing feat 1: One of the magic spells you can learn is Saradomin Strike, which is literally a magic lightning bolt.

Feat 2: If you use a crossbow and enchant opal-tipped bolts, they have a 5% chance of inflicting the "lucky lightning" attack. Which, again, is just a magic lightning bolt.

Both of these attacks can be dodged by the player character. If you attack a player character with one of these attacks and the hit splat comes up as a blue shield it means that attack was dodged. If the attack comes up as a regular hit splat but shows a damage amount as 0, that means the attack was tanked, so the game makes a very clear distinction between the two.

Feat 3: One of the monsters you can fight is called a Killerwatt which is literally a sentient ball of electrical energy and attacks you with lightning bolts. Again, your character is capable of dodging their attacks.

Feat 4: In Old-School Runescape, one of the story bosses you have to fight is shooting lightning at you constantly. They actually envelop the entire area in a lightning storm and you have to dodge the lightning bolts as they come down while also focusing on attacking him. While the World Guardian page is based on the player character from Runescape 3 and not Old-School Runescape, it should be noted that both the OSRS and RS3 main characters experienced the exact same timeline up until a split in relatively recent history and can fight many of the same foes and monsters, so they should be using the same power and speed scaling. It should also be noted that the RS3 player character is stronger than the OSRS player character due to having power upgrades afforded to them by the gods which the OSRS character has not been able to achieve yet, on top of them having far more combat abilities than OSRS player characters. Therefore, I would count this feat towards the World Guardian's speed stats. It's also not inconsistent with other feats they've shown and is clearly not an outlier.

There's more massively hypersonic / lightning timing feats than just this, by the way. These are just the most notable ones I could think of. I think upgrading their highest level speed tier to "massively hypersonic" and adding the reason that they are capable of dodging lightning would be more than reasonable.

See this page for lightning. It's preferable to have animated examples if they exist. And speed in which they move compared to how fast the lightning travels should be calculated first.

See this page for lightning. It's preferable to have animated examples if they exist. And speed in which they move compared to how fast the lightning travels should be calculated first.
I could run those calcs if need be. The issue with Runescape's visuals is none of it is to scale, so it may not be a fully accurate number. The good thing is pretty much all of the game's lightning attacks are animated at about the same speed so it's consistent there at least. The bad thing is there's no dodging animation. The attacks hit you and it either shows a damage number, a 0, or a blue shield which is a dodge. Which means if I'm gonna run a calc, I have to measure pixel movements from one frame to the next for the lightning attacks VS the character running/walking, which again will not necessarily be accurate.

Give me until later today and I'll do it.

Back