• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violations Reports - 68

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, it actually raises a fairly solid point about the 11 year old user. We do have to consider the reality that trolls like that do come around fairly often. Quiet a few of them would be willing to target him specifically just to get a reaction.

Thanks again for helping out. I appreciate it.

Also, tell him about that he has to read and follow our rules, that some of our pages may be inappropriate for young children, and that he should try to avoid spamming, derailing, and being a nuisance.

Antvasima said:
Also, tell him about that he has to read and follow our rules, that some of our pages may be inappropriate for young children, and that he should try to avoid spamming and being a nuisance.
Would it be better to talk to him off-site since he might be noticed and banned by Fandom?

Even if we block the kid, he would still have the capability to lurk through the wiki, and that means catching one of those troll images.

We can't absolute do nothing more than tell him to stay out the here a all costs.

Well, my suggestion for avoiding those images would be to turn on email notifications. If you do so you can have a quick preview of what a message is about from there. If it's all blank sent by a user with a troll name it likely is a series of images sent by trolls.

Yes. The trolls don't seem to care that many of the people who will see the filth that they post are underage. The kid (123d5678) should be warned about that as well.

E-mail notifications will absolutely spam your inbox if you are an active members though, but they cannot be completely disabled, or Fandom might not be able to send you an invitation to the new forum.

See here for proper settings in that regard: [1]

Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan said:
Well, my suggestion for avoiding those images would be to turn on email notifications. If you do so you can have a quick preview of what a message is about from there. If it's all blank sent by a user with a troll name it likely is a series of images sent by trolls.
Screen Shot 2020-04-18 at 1.17.58 PM
Regarding my suggestion, here's what it looks like when you receive a troll message in your emails. This usually warns me that it is a troll message in advance.

You can communicate with him in this wiki if you wish. If the Fandom staff decide that it is inappropriate for him to stay unbanned, they are just as likely to notice from our discussion in this thread anyway.

Well, it also easily leads to getting overwhelmed with hundreds of email messages every day. At least in my case.

Also, our staff are usually efficient at banning and removing all posts from troll accounts.

Antvasima said:
E-mail notifications will absolutely spam your inbox if you are an active members though, but they cannot be completely disabled, or Fandom might not be able to send you an invitation to the new forum.

See here for proper settings in that regard: [1]
I endured it for a few months but eventually gave up.

Again, you need the above linked settings to both avoid getting spammed and allowing Fandom to invite you to the new forum.

The Wright Way said:
I mean, if he's not even going to try to make a CRT, I doubt he's worth the effort. I'll try and give him a warning and see how he responds.
Quick update before I go to bed. He has not yet responded to my post. In fact, it seems he's been inactive for awhile. My guess is real life happened and he hasn't seen my post. Just reminding everyone that this has not been resolved yet.

Quick update before I go to bed. He has not yet responded to my post. In fact, it seems he's been inactive for awhile. My guess is real life happened and he hasn't seen my post. Just reminding everyone that this has not been resolved yet.

He has responded and is now attempting to deflect blame. Like I said, not worth the effort: https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/4263890?useskin=oasis#2

I suppose a short block would be in order than, but how long would you think?

I think 2 weeks to a month should suffice. Should give him some time to think of his behavior and shape up.

If he continues this behavior, then he isn't worth the effort trying to consult and persuade and perhaps block him for a longer period or indefinitely.

Hi, I'm here to advocate for a permanent ban for Madotsuki24.

So recently, myself and some of my friends came to ask her about some of her remarks. It's rather obvious she has said racist and questionable comments in the past which got her banned. However, I think a lot of what she said is proof enough she shouldn't have the opportunity to come back, ever. I won't crop any of the pictures either because I know that was a common criticism.

So one of my friends in this discussion was a black person. So when he said he was black, they proceeded to be incredibly racist, even saying "I'm sorry, but I'm not talking to someone who's a n****r." Yeah... Just for reference, this is the level of degeneracy the comments reached.

What's worth a dishonorable mention of some of the things she said in regard to her asking for sexual intercourse from somebody in the second linked image.

Not only that, she is incredibly manipulative in general. On the last thread, she tried to use her abuse as a way to justify racism and all of the questionable comments she made. She actively asked people who she knew would go against her to leave the conversation when accusations were initially brought to her (when she had been telling people they shouldn't exist because they went against her) and gets people to sympathize with her through getting them to pity her. Let's also just insert the fact she knows she's outright a bad perso, yet she doesn't actively seek out help despite claiming she needs it (which is clear she's using it as leverage for even more of a pity tactic). David found that link with a simple google search. If she really wanted to get better, I find it hard to believe she couldn't find it that easily herself.

I think there was a thread talking about Discord things, but this isn't anything light like shit talking some thread. It's actively showing clear racial prejudices and views on sexual conduct that should have absolutely no potential place on the site. Banning permanently seems like the best option as to not have any sort of occurrence otherwise in the future and somebody like this has no right to be on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back