• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports - 24

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many times am i going to have to say that i acknowledge that i know im part of the problem before people stop saying that im not doing so?

At this point we are being broken records. Weekly understands, we've beat it into his head like 50+ times now. Now the question is if you and Jinx can at least get to understand each other? Or at least try and not get into arguments? And can you try in not add fuel to the fire when you debate?

@Dragon I've tried and was met with hostility. I was told to ignore her comments and was met with hostility. When people tried to come to my defense or agreed with what I had to say they were met with hostility. What do you want me to do at this point? Jinx does not know how to have a civil debate without attacking or attempting to slander people who think differently.

Avoid her then. If she makes a downgrade thread and you disagree, post your arguement respectfully. If she gets aggressive, that when you not reply back and report it. That way, this entire thing does not happen and you avoid any and all blame. BOOM!! Problem solved.

Jinx and I share a good number of verses, avoiding her is nigh-impossible. If i report it its an abuse of power apparently and a report done out of spite.

Easier said than done naturally, but if no one even tries to be neutral with each other then it's not gonna end up well. You can at least try. Not just you, but both you and Jinx. You just have to get a handle of when things get heated up. One has to put effort to avoid conflict in the first place. I mean just think of how much more stuff we can do if we don't spend the entire time repeating the same thing back and forth at a person we dislike?

That's all there is to it.

After reading all of the above, I obviously agree with the consensus that all administrators have to do their best to act with patience, maturity, and politeness, and that this includes Weekly.

However, let's not forget that Weekly is an extremely helpful, loyal, hardworking, and reliable staff member with almost 50000 edits, that he has repeatedly admitted that he has screwed up, and that several regular members have repeatedly harrassed him, so he is naturally on edge. I definitely do not want him to quit the wiki entirely. I personally like him, and it would be a massive loss for our community.

Perhaps the best solution here would be that some administrator other than Weekly gives Jinx a strict warning to completely shape up her hostile behaviour, whereas Weekly starts to simply completely avoid any versus thread discussions whatsoever from now onwards, as they are potentially volatile, and also makes an effort to remain as calm, polite, patient, unbiased, and mature as he can in his interactions with other members and responsibilities as an administrator.

Also, public discussions like this are very embarrassing for the recipient, and sensitive staff issues should preferably always be handled in private. Weekly is free to message me on fanfiction.net if he wants to talk.

In addition, Arigarmy, please stop interfering in these types of situations. You seem to usually make them worse.

@TacticalNuke002

No off-topic posts please.

I do not know. JustSomeWeirdo does not seem to mind, so they may know each other in private. You can ask him about it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back